Thread: sprinting

PJH111 is offline New Member

sprinting

Any opinions on sprinting? Currently cycling and trying to gain size and I actually heard sprints along with weights can help is this true? 6ft 4 228 pounds but lose weight easily

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PJH111 View Post
    Any opinions on sprinting? Currently cycling and trying to gain size and I actually heard sprints along with weights can help is this true? 6ft 4 228 pounds but lose weight easily
    If you get your heart rate up close to max it helps release a lot more GH post exercise. I spring once or twice a week. It hits a bit more of the fast and intermediate twitch fibers.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

wellshii is offline Member
    Sprints work great. Look at olympic sprinters. Great bodies,lots of power.
    I can attest that sprints keep your power up as well as shredding you. Doesn't take much time either.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJH111 View Post
    I think sprints are great. I do them when I do HIT style cardio. I go to a track and walk the straight aways and walk the turns.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    sprints are great. squats are better. IF sprinting takes away from your MRV and your ability to recover then I'd scratch them (save them for other times like dieting or cutting). Sure olympic sprinters have great quads and hammies, but they spend a lot of time in the weight room too. and remember big Ramy has way more developed legs then these sprinters do and he's never sprinted a day in his life.
    just saying. most hypertrophic responses happen in the gym (though sprinting could be beneficial for you)

I like any HIIT training like sprinting. In the 1996 study, Dr. Tabata found that 100 minutes of HIIT over a 6 week period (4min/ed x 5days/wk) versus 1600 minutes of cardio exercise (60min/ed x 5days/wk) over the same 6 weeks that the HIIT trainee's VO2max was 10% lower than the cardio group but 28% higher in muscular strength and density. We're comparing results from 100 minutes of total HIIT workout as compared to 1600 minutes of jogging.

Thread Information