Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bobspix
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Is this a good question or am I stupid?

bobspix is offline Associate Member

Is this a good question or am I stupid?

Hey guys,

I have a question.
    This august, it is going to be 3 years of my working out and going to the gym.
    In the first year, I did what my trainer told me and was just a noob but I still made solid gains. (noob gains)
    The second year was rough for me, I started neglecting my training and was never regular in the gym. I didn't even go to gym for 3 months straight. No training programs, nothing. I then started again in the June of 2017 and made a lot of progress because in the time I didn't go to gym, I ate crap and got fat and weighed 85kg so I came down to 70 by august. I made some serious gains too. Have been regular since.

Now, the question : How much muscle can I put on?

I have read Lyan Mcdonald's study where he states that after 2 years of training, only 5-6 pounds of muscle can be put on naturally.

So since I have been in the gym for almost 3 years now, albeit not regular and skipped months so the "real time" would be somewhat around 1.5 years I guess; will I be able to pack on more muscle or the "newbie gains" window has closed for me?

Also, how do these fitness celebs on youtube that claim natty like Jeff Nippard, Vitruvian Physique never lose muscle even when they cut for competition and when they bulk again and cut they all look better than before and with more muscle mass from a visual standpoint, since I read that after a decade of training the muscle mass one can put on naturally is not even worth calculating.
    OhGeez likes this.

Bump bump

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobspix View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a question.
    This august, it is going to be 3 years of my working out and going to the gym.
    In the first year, I did what my trainer told me and was just a noob but I still made solid gains. (noob gains)
    The second year was rough for me, I started neglecting my training and was never regular in the gym. I didn't even go to gym for 3 months straight. No training programs, nothing. I then started again in the June of 2017 and made a lot of progress because in the time I didn't go to gym, I ate crap and got fat and weighed 85kg so I came down to 70 by august. I made some serious gains too. Have been regular since.

Now, the question : How much muscle can I put on?

I have read Lyan Mcdonald's study where he states that after 2 years of training, only 5-6 pounds of muscle can be put on naturally.

So since I have been in the gym for almost 3 years now, albeit not regular and skipped months so the "real time" would be somewhat around 1.5 years I guess; will I be able to pack on more muscle or the "newbie gains" window has closed for me?

Also, how do these fitness celebs on youtube that claim natty like Jeff Nippard, Vitruvian Physique never lose muscle even when they cut for competition and when they bulk again and cut they all look better than before and with more muscle mass from a visual standpoint, since I read that after a decade of training the muscle mass one can put on naturally is not even worth calculating.
    I think possibly from using PED's.?

Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    I think possibly from using PED's.?
    And what about me? I am natural what's left in store for me?

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I don't think,your training hard enough to justify steroid use

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    None of them are natty. Even Luimarco has juiced.

Your body has a natural size limit. Even if you ate 6000 cals every day for 10 years, you wouldn't be the size of Ronnie Coleman, naturally. After about age 30, you body doesn't make many more "new" muscles like when you were a teenager. If you are gifted with good genetics you can put of more muscle than is normal for most people. I trained naturally until my mid 40's. I made really good gains in strength but so much size. I weighted 168lbs but I could bench 1RM of 320lbs. No matter what I ate, I simply could not get bigger. When I ran my first cycle, I gained 15lbs after PCT. Imagine 15lbs after PCT! It took me almost 20 years to gain 30lbs. in 5 months, after 1 cycle, I gained 15lbs. It UNBELIEVABLE. After cycling AAS for over a dozen years, I have hit my AAS size limit of 205lbs. I know I could get even bigger but I would have to sacrifice things. Perhaps even some health to reach that goal.

Not everyone, even with AAS, can be 300lbs of solid muscles. We're just not genetically programmed to be that big. Every world class body builder has gone back to their natural size when they take massive amounts of gear out of their AAS cocktail. My feeling is why be HUGE only to be back to "normal" when one stops taking the sheer quantities of AAS required to maintain that mass? I would rather be the upper limit of my "natural" size, enhanced with AAS of course, and easily maintain that size for the rest of my life.

I guess it depends on what we determine "big" is for us. We just have to find a happy balance of "big" in life.
    bobspix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Your body has a natural size limit. Even if you ate 6000 cals every day for 10 years, you wouldn't be the size of Ronnie Coleman, naturally. After about age 30, you body doesn't make many more "new" muscles like when you were a teenager. If you are gifted with good genetics you can put of more muscle than is normal for most people. I trained naturally until my mid 40's. I made really good gains in strength but so much size. I weighted 168lbs but I could bench 1RM of 320lbs. No matter what I ate, I simply could not get bigger. When I ran my first cycle, I gained 15lbs after PCT. Imagine 15lbs after PCT! It took me almost 20 years to gain 30lbs. in 5 months, after 1 cycle, I gained 15lbs. It UNBELIEVABLE. After cycling AAS for over a dozen years, I have hit my AAS size limit of 205lbs. I know I could get even bigger but I would have to sacrifice things. Perhaps even some health to reach that goal.

Not everyone, even with AAS, can be 300lbs of solid muscles. We're just not genetically programmed to be that big. Every world class body builder has gone back to their natural size when they take massive amounts of gear out of their AAS cocktail. My feeling is why be HUGE only to be back to "normal" when one stops taking the sheer quantities of AAS required to maintain that mass? I would rather be the upper limit of my "natural" size, enhanced with AAS of course, and easily maintain that size for the rest of my life.

I guess it depends on what we determine "big" is for us. We just have to find a happy balance of "big" in life.
    Thank you for such an amazing reply.
    These not-so-natty youtubers all claim natural and still continue to build muscle even after a decade of training like how? They diet down to 8% bf and look shit and then bulk up and look even better than before and their size doesnt decrease as well. Thank you for showing the light. I know my time is ticking and I have to get serious if I have to build muscle naturally.

Thank you for such an amazing reply.
    These not-so-natty youtubers all claim natural and still continue to build muscle even after a decade of training like how? They diet down to 8% bf and look shit and then bulk up and look even better than before and their size doesnt decrease as well. Thank you for showing the light. I know my time is ticking and I have to get serious if I have to build muscle naturally.
    These YouTubers who claim to be natty are full of crap. There is no way they can cut down and maintain their muscle mass density year around without help.
    bobspix likes this.

Thread Information