Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MACKATTACK
  • 1 Post By Maximus38

Thread: Knee issues and eventual knee replacemant

Thatfreakinguy is offline New Member

Knee issues and eventual knee replacemant

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has had severe knee issues or have had a knee replacement... I wanted to get back to dead lifting, squatting, clean and jerk, Other full body lifts... but the cartilage in my knee is gone basically and I will eventual need a replacement I'm only 35 so its frustrating. If anyone has any experience or advice I would appreciate it, I want to get back to doing those lifts but I worry of its just a bad idea long term or if you can do those kinds of things after a replacement

Thanks

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    I am 34 years old. Had two knee reconstructions on one knee. Last operation was INOPERABLE, he had to remove my entire meniscus, I have no cartilage and he had to shave the bone and severe arthritis. Don't worry you are well ahead of the game in the grand spectrum of things, id snap my knee again now for a meniscus and a little cartilage.......

Squats do NOT go past parallel just get loads on your hams and thighs and work your glutes elsewhere if you want. Do straight leg dead lifts. Clean and jerk just forget about, a million other ways to skin the cat........
    Thatfreakinguy likes this.

Thatfreakinguy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    I am 34 years old. Had two knee reconstructions on one knee. Last operation was INOPERABLE, he had to remove my entire meniscus, I have no cartilage and he had to shave the bone and severe arthritis. Don't worry you are well ahead of the game in the grand spectrum of things, id snap my knee again now for a meniscus and a little cartilage.......

Squats do NOT go past parallel just get loads on your hams and thighs and work your glutes elsewhere if you want. Do straight leg dead lifts. Clean and jerk just forget about, a million other ways to skin the cat........
    Ok cool thanks for the input man, I appreciate it. Getting old sucks ha ha

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatfreakinguy View Post
    Ok cool thanks for the input man, I appreciate it. Getting old sucks ha ha
    Not fun but with age comes muscle maturity so u might look better then the younger guys with the same body fat percentage hahahaha.

Maximus38 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatfreakinguy View Post
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has had severe knee issues or have had a knee replacement... I wanted to get back to dead lifting, squatting, clean and jerk, Other full body lifts... but the cartilage in my knee is gone basically and I will eventual need a replacement I'm only 35 so its frustrating. If anyone has any experience or advice I would appreciate it, I want to get back to doing those lifts but I worry of its just a bad idea long term or if you can do those kinds of things after a replacement

Thanks
    I've never used hgh but if you could get a Dr.to prescribe the real deal they say it'll speed recovery it's expensive but it's tour life. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    MACKATTACK1 likes this.

KJ63 is offline Junior Member
    I'm 54 and finally had a Knee replacement last May, best decision I've ever made. The first month sucks but it gets better. My Dr said I was the fastest recovery he's seen. However, you have to take in consideration I'm in very good shape. 3 mo in I was doing 300lb presses with no problem. PT is very important go, as often as you can!!! I have no problem dead lifting at all and now at 650 on leg presses. the most important is the PT. I am also a mountain rider (snowmobile) started back 6 mo after with no issues and my riding improved tons no more favoring my knee or crippled at the end of the day. Even my friends commented on it. So good luck with the knee I've dealt with it my entire life...

Thread Information