Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 3 Post By BG

Thread: How often do you take a week off?

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

How often do you take a week off?

I haven't taken a week off or anything more then 3 days (due to being sick) inside of the last 9 months. I am dealing with a few injuries and my body does get more sore now and feel more run down. I am thinking that a week off will help me heal and recooperate some of the issues I am having with my body......

So how often do you take off thats not just your 1 or 2 rest days periodically??

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    I don't build breaks into my training schedule but will take an occasional extra rest day when life circumstances dictate. Haven't taken more than three consecutive days off (that was due to illness) in a few years

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I have taken two weeks off on cycle before and thrown extra plates onto all my worksets.

It wont destroy you to take a week off once every few months. In fact it may help if you are training too hard.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    I don't build breaks into my training schedule but will take an occasional extra rest day when life circumstances dictate. Haven't taken more than three consecutive days off (that was due to illness) in a few years
    How often are you on cycle? I'm natural 90pct of the time.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    How often are you on cycle? I'm natural 90pct of the time.
    This is my first cycle. Tomorrow makes 6 weeks in. I do take a rest day every week, but usually just one unless sick
    MACKATTACK likes this.

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    Never plan to take a week off but allow it if I get sick / an injury.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm actually coming off my longest rest period in over a year today with 5 days rest in the books. Gonna break my rest today with a brutal back and chest workout it's time to get back on it. I think it's good to completely take off for a few days every few months and just let everything heal but I don't like to go this long usually especially on cycle but I've had some extraordinary life circumstances fuckin with me so I'd like to think life's forcing me to heal up nice so I can get back in there and push myself 100%

Lifted1 is offline Member
    Everyone’s different, but I only take 1 day per week off with an occasional (rare) sick day. Every once in a while I’ll take a second day off, but that’s rare like once a year lol. With propper nutrition and rest that is all that should be needed to recover.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I haven't taken a week off or anything more then 3 days (due to being sick) inside of the last 9 months. I am dealing with a few injuries and my body does get more sore now and feel more run down. I am thinking that a week off will help me heal and recooperate some of the issues I am having with my body......

So how often do you take off thats not just your 1 or 2 rest days periodically??
    Once a couple years ago when I was very sick, once last year when I had a bad lower back injury. I would suggest doing a deload week over just taking the week off altogether.
    I would like to remind you, with a deload week you do NOT want to match volume. I try and cut my volume in half (usually same number of reps but at 50% of the weight, or keep the weight the same but do half the reps). There is plenty of "how to" stuff available online if you are not familiar with it.
    Good luck

Just an update, I took this past weekend off. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. My rotator cuff injury healed a good amount and overall felt alot better after the 3 rest days in a row. Definitely rejuvenated. Now I go into my cycle with a good mindset and body feeling better.

Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Rest is just as important as working out.A few days or a week,every few months will do a lot more good than harm.
    I think a lot of gym rats worry they'll lose strength or gains/size,if they miss a few training sessions,yet i've actually
    broken plateaus by taking a weeks rest.The more you train,the more you need to rest.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Not very often, typically my travels are what keeps me out of the gym.
    A break every once in awhile is very beneficial to gains and recovery.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Breaks I feel are a must, gives your body time to heal itself. We need to remember this is a sport of longevity, I know its cool to say "I never miss the gym" but your body needs time off to heal. I always feel great when I do, Im fuller and stronger after a week off, trick is to keep your diet straight, time off sometimes enables you to eat bad unfortunately.
    Obs, marcus300 and MACKATTACK like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thread Information