Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JuliusPleaser
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC

Thread: Insertion soreness?

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

Insertion soreness?

Does anyone else have this issue when they take a week off the gym, and eat more calories to speed up healing, but some how, it seems the muscles are still sore, but not the bellies, but the inserts or whatever...

This always happens to me when I take off, its like I NEVER can fully heal or something.

When I go back, Im' totally fine and strength is fine, but just weird when I take off this happens.
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 07-25-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    illyrian likes this.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm not sure man but when I have felt soreness at the muscle insertion point, like for example the space between the end of my bicep and where my elbow bends, that is from straining the tendon. In the past I've gotten it from curling too much weight with cables or at a bad angle...What's weird about your situation is that it's happening after resting....?
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Idk if I'm using the correct term of insertion, but what I mean is, I still feel weak or as if these parts of the muscles have been worked out. So lets take chest; my chest muscles are totally not sore, but I FEEL the weakness of everything that moves the chest. As for biceps, they aren't sore, but when I flex them the peak is sore. It's not an injury thing that's for sure, but just a feeling of not being used or something. I just want to heal totally and feel nothing lol. Just doesn't happen.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Idk if I'm using the correct term of insertion, but what I mean is, I still feel weak or as if these parts of the muscles have been worked out. So lets take chest; my chest muscles are totally not sore, but I FEEL the weakness of everything that moves the chest. As for biceps, they aren't sore, but when I flex them the peak is sore. It's not an injury thing that's for sure, but just a feeling of not being used or something. I just want to heal totally and feel nothing lol. Just doesn't happen.
    This is even more confusing. "Everything that moves the chest" *is* the chest muscles.
    When you wrote about the point of insertion I figured tendonitis (as AlphaMindz suggested). As you probably know, muscles don't attach directly to bone; tendons connect the two. Poor form (especially throwing weights around) could be to blame.
    See a doctor if you can
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Its none of those. The bellies are not sore. My form is impeccable. It just seems when I don't work out, my body doesn't like it or something.

As for chest, the muscle belly is not sore when I flex it, but the inner part and out part of the muscle is. I don't know how else to explain it. Its not the tendons; its just this feeling of fatigue but if I were to work out right now, I'd be fine.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Its none of those. The bellies are not sore. My form is impeccable. It just seems when I don't work out, my body doesn't like it or something.

As for chest, the muscle belly is not sore when I flex it, but the inner part and out part of the muscle is. I don't know how else to explain it. Its not the tendons; its just this feeling of fatigue but if I were to work out right now, I'd be fine.
    Hope you figure it out. Take care, buddy!

Thanks

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    BPC-157...........I can not say enough about this. This shit WORKS for healing!!! It healed my rotator cuff and that usual type of injury lags for a LONG time because its triggered with a ton of movements.....

Ok so today is Thursday. I have been resting since Saturday with no gym, yet my forearms, biceps, legs, back all my muscles are like dull sore, but not at the touch of the bellies, but only when flexed, this is the ony way I can describe this weird issue. So its not like im walking around and my legs are sore to the touch or movement, but when flexed... like a weird fatigue sore but not the feeling of sore. Again this is almost a week off the gym.

It could be DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) which is unlikely because you're saying it's only sore when you flex. Idk bro if I was experiencing that and it didn't go away after resting I'd prob go get checked out...Could be some crazy shit like a parasite or something we don't even know about..Not to freak you out..Just saying better be safe than sorry cause I've never heard of this issue. I hope you get it figured out man. Let us know what the verdict is if you do!

Could be that I need TWO weeks off totally perhaps if it some kind of overtraining or exertion that a week couldn't fix? The most I've ever taken off the gym is a week every few months if that.

Could be that I need TWO weeks off totally perhaps if it some kind of overtraining or exertion that a week couldn't fix? The most I've ever taken off the gym is a week every few months if that.
    Very well could be man. If you're training to failure consistently and you've been doing that for an extended period of time then maybe you do need a solid two weeks to let your body, muscles, and CNS fully recuperate.

Thread Information