Mma67 is offline Junior Member

Workout and training

I just have to point out how this forum is used much less frequently than the steroid part of the forum. Maybe it’s because everybody is already an expert on training? Ha, doubtful. I think a lot of people want to take shortcuts and focus only on the gear they’re putting in their body, with much less regard for the training. Of course we all know diet is a big part of the equation as well, but it just seems like people forget that training is important. Different techniques can really make your time spent in the gym worthwhile. But some people feel that just getting there and going through the motions is enough if they have a decent diet and the gear to make gainz. This is far from factual and if people spent more time asking questions about techniques, they might make bigger and better gains.

Just thought I would post this rant here. It’ll probably fall on deaf ears since this is a neglected part of this forum. But I just thought I’d spew my thoughts in hopes it would inspire someone to be more critical of training and ask what some of the experts do to make good use of their time spent in the gym.

Mma67 is offline Junior Member
    Furthermore, sticking to a routine is the just the beginning. I believe everybody should adjust their training periodically and look at areas they maybe be lacking. Have your wife or girlfriend tell you where you need to work on, have a bro tell you where you’re lacking. And then adjust your training Accordingly. We all get into our routine and just go through the motions, I’m sure we all neglect certain areas without even realizing it. Maybe leg day is tiring for you, maybe you never really give you glutes a good pounding (no homo), maybe your arms never get a good pump, but regardless it’s important to be cognizant of that and really focus on getting that area worked on. If you feel like you’re lacking in some area, reach out and ask what others are doing to get that pump or those gainz. They say spot reduction of fat isn’t possible, which I tend to believe. But spot gainz are possible, and I know plenty of guys forget or simply don’t see where they are forgetting to “gain.” Balance your training and ask questions if you know you’re lacking in some area.

Okay rant over.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah man training is very important, but I learned a few things training as a natural for 17 years. For one, you can't change your genetics. I have a friend who has tried everything, has done it all. He looks the same as he always did. Yeah he would get more shredded, but his body still had the same overall look. Me, I've always had big arms, big shoulders, and a big chest. Even when I stopped lifting for 4 years people were coming up to me and asking me about tips to get big. I think it's mostly genetics when it comes to getting big. I believe that if you are on this website, you better know how to f*ckin train in general.

If you do a split routine, do 4 sets of 4 exerises with an average of 10 reps per set, you should be good to go. I never found that one particular exercise made much of a difference to my physique. I pretty much looked the same whether I was doing mostly machines or mostly freeweights. Once you reach your genetic limit your body wants to maintain homeostasis. Switching things up and doing different exercises can help a little, maybe 5%, in my experience. Everyone is different though... shit when I was 21 at the rate I was growing I thought I was going to be the white Ronnie Coleman in a couple of years. NOPE. Hit a hard genetic wall and pretty much haven't changed since.

Training on AAS is the funnest part of my life right now. I love it that an old guy can rep 225lbs 38 times on the bench. I stopped lifting heavy some years ago due to shoulder and elbow injuries. I stay at a moderate weight 100% to 125% of body weight on the bench and do a lot more reps. I figure if you can bench 225lbs 10 reps you're plenty strong to do whatever you want in life. More is just pure gravy.

I've also been experimenting with training by varying Intensity, Duration, and Specificity of the exercise. By varying those variables I can change a workout everyday. Fun to experiment and see change.

Thread Information