Wadetrt is offline New Member

Any advice on a workout regimen

Sorry if I post this in the wrong place still learning how to use these threads. Anyway long story short I'm on trt have been for a while now just got a new Dr. who is actually taking better care of me and I'm feeling a lot better to the point I feel like I can work out again. Any advice on a workout regimen for a guy that has some health problems. I'm asking cuz I heard if you have liver problem (among other health concerns anchoring me down) not to work out so much but there's got to be something I can do. I was a really good athlete most my life I really feel like this new trt is giving me some room to get back what I used to be. Any advice is much appreciated.

You can start with a steady state low impact cardio workout and add some resistance.

1. Walk on the tread mill at 2.5 to 3.0 mph at a 0 degree horizontal. As you get stronger and in better shape you can increase the slope and speed of the treadmill.
    2. Use 3lb to 5lb dumbbells to add resistance. You can increase weight of the dumbbells as you get stronger.
    3. Start with 20mins to 30 mins for your initial workout.

Curls - While you are walking on the treadmill do 10 curls with the dumbbells. You can curl alternating arms or curl both arms together.
    Overhead Press - While you are waling on the treadmill do 10 overhead presses with the dumbbells. One arm or both arms.
    Lateral Raises - You get that you're still walking. Raise the dumbbells laterally to the height of your shoulders and lower them down for 10 reps.
    Front Raises - Raise the dumbbell towards the front to your shoulder height for 10 reps.

Just this simple exercise will increase your cardio vascular endurance and your muscular strength. You can adjust the resistance and walk rate to meet your needs. Just start slow and increase the intensity until you are on the treadmill for 45 minutes.

Wadetrt is offline New Member
    Alright man I'll start with this thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Kay kay is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I would get Bloodwork with liver values now, then start working out as you would normally regardless of liver issues and check at appropriate times with Bloodwork to ensure damage isn’t being done! If need be dial back and keep checking until an appropriate level of working out is reached to keep values in a cool range.

Thread Information