Friggnewtown is offline Junior Member

Feeling sore(ish) from prior workout. To lift or not to lift?

I'm doing 5x5 routine right now. Tonite is Saturday night and I fell off the Mon/wed/fri schedule

Wednesday I had a good day. Switching up the routine to focus on potential gyno I bench three times a week instead of squats.

Bench, military press, deadlift.
    I had a tremendous night on deadlifting that night and got much more weight up then usual... Which deviates from the program as it was a dramatic increase. Lifts were solid. From Wednesday I took two rest days fallowing the one on, one off 5x5 schedule with two rest days after 3 lifts a week.

Tonight, well rested I switched up the routine to confuse my body and started with rows. Immediately I could feel a sore but healthy tired lower back. Upper back OK but without my lower back slightly tiring. Next were military presses. Same exact feeling as before... My shoulders felt fatigued. Not a bad fatigue but that fatigue of "you dude I'm still repairing muscle fibers" tired.

I bailed just about half way thru my military presses. Did I do the right thing? Can I go back tomorrow to either start over or finish my workout? Should I take tomorrow off too and just start over Monday? Starting over Monday would put me back on Mon/wed/fri. But I don't like sitting on my butt in rest.

What do you guys think? If your slightly tired and have minor sores should you still lift? Keep in mind I'm doing the full body 5x5 routine and not split training opposing groups.

Thanks

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    just take 'active recovery' days on occasion when your sore, instead of always sticking with your heavy lifts. so you'll just lift light and try to pump a lot of blood into the muscle groups and thats it. nothing more. it'll help growth and recovery

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just take 'active recovery' days on occasion when your sore, instead of always sticking with your heavy lifts. so you'll just lift light and try to pump a lot of blood into the muscle groups and thats it. nothing more. it'll help growth and recovery
    I do this often GH.

Hit hard one day, next day same muscle to begin a different group.

Like hard chest Monday, Tuesday pump sets with fitchick weight to start off a hard back day, then next day start a bicep\tricep day with pump sets on back to start. (Plus back always hits bicep anyway)

Thread Information