PeterEU is offline New Member

How to fix (minor) scoliosis with exercise?

Hi,

so as the title says... I have minor scoliosis, nothing bad but I do feel slight back pain, and does not look too good. Guess my occupation, am IT guy

I train every day, for a couple of hours - fighting sports, dance... Yet it seems it does not affect my body posture. Punches, kicks, I use my back to give is some hard punch, HIIT, lifting weights... I also stretch a lot.

Recently I started what is called Animal Walks, it is hella difficult. Trainer promised it will have effect, I kinda feel negative about that... My back is already quite huge, yet my right shoulder is about 2 cm lover than left and also area around neck and chest is too curved.

as I started to focus to fixing my body posture I must say I did notice quite significant improvement, but not my side-to-side dis-balance.

sooo yes... feel free to add any advice, I will read them ALL and probably try the all as well . Hell, I am at gym 3 hours a day, must find some way to entertain myself

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I'm a scoliosis victim as well.

Don't try to correct it, it will temporarily help but it will in the long run make it worse.

If you feel no pain just let it ride.

My left shoulder is higher and forward about an inch. Also my right rib cage protrudes out more than left side, also my left hip is forward more than my right

I have a curvature in spine (left to right) and a thoratic twist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Don't try to correct it, it will temporarily help but it will in the long run make it worse.

what?? Why??

Because it's only going to temporarily help it it's not going to straighten you out man I've been through chiropractors in exercises to try to make it better and it only feels good temporarily when it goes back it's even worse

You might not be as severe as me Maybe the exercises will help all I can say is give him a shot see what they do

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Ok. Wait. My left shoulder is lower and right hip is higher. Is this scoliosis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Ok. Wait. My left shoulder is lower and right hip is higher. Is this scoliosis ?
    Sounds like it, but get x-rayed to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I would say it is. Above all, it is ugly and one needs to fix it.

Also, I feel kinda not sure that excercising and keeping right posture would make it worse... I already have some result. Just for a short time yet, yes, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterEU View Post
    I would say it is. Above all, it is ugly and one needs to fix it.

Also, I feel kinda not sure that excercising and keeping right posture would make it worse... I already have some result. Just for a short time yet, yes, but I do.
    I'm down to try anything. It throws off every lift, from lat pulls to set up for bench press

Thread Information