Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer

Thread: Workout progress

jacobariel is online now New Member

Workout progress

Hello, I'm new here and I am only on TRT treatment with Cypionate . I recently started Cypionate 5 weeks ago and prior I was on the cream for one year. Anyhow, It's been 18 months since I started lifting and doing cardio. Im not sure im making good progress though.
    The scale has gone up from 168 or so to 173. I haven't lost any inches nor gained inches but some clothes fit much better.
    Is this normal at this stage?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I think 5 pounds in 18 months are not something to wrigth home about.
    6 pounds of muscle a year should easily be achived if everything was as it should be.

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    IF you had a real Testosterone deficiency, and you corrected that deficiency with TRT and got your levels optimized AND you started training and eating right at the same time, then you should have put on quite a bit more then just 5 pounds.

I'm guessing 3 things
    - your doc has you on a 'weak' TRT protocol and your levels are mid grade
    - your training is inconsistent and you don't have a optimized program for hypertrophy
    - and the most likely , you don't know how to eat and properly fuel your body for muscle growth

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    IF you had a real Testosterone deficiency, and you corrected that deficiency with TRT and got your levels optimized AND you started training and eating right at the same time, then you should have put on quite a bit more then just 5 pounds.

I'm guessing 3 things
    - your doc has you on a 'weak' TRT protocol and your levels are mid grade
    - your training is inconsistent and you don't have a optimized program for hypertrophy
    - and the most likely , you don't know how to eat and properly fuel your body for muscle growth
    But the reason some clothes fit better at 172 vs 168 or even when I weighed 165 is because of body composition yes?

if you lost some body fat and gained some muscle then yes of course.

we have no clue what your body comp is like though,, so just going off the raw numbers there was a small weight gain (thats all we can see)

if you lost some body fat and gained some muscle then yes of course.

we have no clue what your body comp is like though,, so just going off the raw numbers there was a small weight gain (thats all we can see)
    Yes I've lost fat but still have a ways to go. I know this because there are some button up shirts that I couldn't button at 163 or so.

My diet is bacon or ham omelet with fat free milk. Lunch a tuna or chicken sandwich with a fruit or yogurt and as a snack mixed nuts. I take whey protein ON brand daily and for dinner chicken meat with a small amount of rice or mashed potatoes although not often do I eat mashed potatoes. Sometimes I eat for dinner steak or pork.
    Anything I'm doing wrong please im open for suggestions.

not sure if anything is being done "wrong" per se ,, its more about if things your doing are optimized and perfectly in line with your goals.

so what exactly are your physique goals ?

not sure if anything is being done "wrong" per se ,, its more about if things your doing are optimized and perfectly in line with your goals.

so what exactly are your physique goals ?
    Not necessarily have lots of mass just fat burn and toned.

ok well I've seen your basic diet, what does your training look like over a week?

ok well I've seen your basic diet, what does your training look like over a week?
    Days vary but I do arm curls with bar and dumbbells and reverse curls and hammers.
    Bench flat and inclined, shoulder presses with bar and dumbbells plus side raises and front. Legs and squats I admit don't do so much partly because a bad back. I also do cardio 15 min a day 5 days a week on the Maxtrainner by Bowflex. I usually workout the body parts once a week but sometimes twice a week. This is from home though. Busy family life for me.

unless your progressively overloading and trying to get stronger with high intensity training for each specific body part,, I'd switch to an exercise program where you do multiple body parts per day and hit those body parts multiple times per week.

day 1 (high volume high reps) - chest, front delts, side delts, triceps, abs, quads
    Day 2 (high volume high reps) - upper back, lats, rear delts, traps, biceps, calves, hamstrings
    rest
    Day 1 (lower reps heavy weight) - same
    rest
    Day 2 (lower reps heavy weight) - same
    rest

thats 4 days of week training . your whole body gets hit at least twice per week with different stimulus.. just an idea to start off with.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    unless your progressively overloading and trying to get stronger with high intensity training for each specific body part,, I'd switch to an exercise program where you do multiple body parts per day and hit those body parts multiple times per week.

day 1 (high volume high reps) - chest, front delts, side delts, triceps, abs, quads
    Day 2 (high volume high reps) - upper back, lats, rear delts, traps, biceps, calves, hamstrings
    rest
    Day 1 (lower reps heavy weight) - same
    rest
    Day 2 (lower reps heavy weight) - same
    rest

thats 4 days of week training . your whole body gets hit at least twice per week with different stimulus.. just an idea to start off with.
    I want to try this.
    GearHeaded likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I want to try this.
    I may try it too, I'm always changing my routine. Right now I'm doing high volume high reps one week, then low volume heavy weight the next.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobariel View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and I am only on TRT treatment with Cypionate . I recently started Cypionate 5 weeks ago and prior I was on the cream for one year. Anyhow, It's been 18 months since I started lifting and doing cardio. Im not sure im making good progress though.
    The scale has gone up from 168 or so to 173. I haven't lost any inches nor gained inches but some clothes fit much better.
    Is this normal at this stage?

Please elaborate on losing or gaining inches

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Please elaborate on losing or gaining inches

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    I mean I haven't lost inches as far as weight loss goes nor gained inches as in muscle. Yet people have said I lost weight and I know clothes fit better. At 172 I can wear some shirts that I couldn't wear at 165.

Thread Information