Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By KennyJ
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 2 Post By Obs

Thread: How do you know?

KennyJ is offline Member

How do you know?

Just wondering how long y'all stay sore after tearing down a muscle group?
    How do you know if you're doing more damage than good?
    EDCG19 likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    It depends on various things
    Now I have to be honest on something just because there's pain doesn't mean I stop training. Trust me when I say this again and again training through the pain (depending on the injury or if its just DOMS deal with it) is probably more benefical than sitting around and waiting to recover, I strongly believe in active recovery and if you end up hitting that sore muscle again a few days later I'm telling you! you're pushing more blood, and the good stuff like aminos into the sore muscle which will help recover faster,. Active recovery is legit and its basically when you workout even though you're sore a little bit. What I have found from my personal experience for the past 10 years has been to take breaks/deload when you need to but if you don't throw in an active recovery day where you focus on whatever you want and of course you're not lifting any PR %s but you're still getting some blood into the muscle to help with recovery. I have no science on this but its what I have noticed

Now to answer your question
    Arms, chest, back, will take 1.5-3 days depending on what I was doing. Chest/arms recovery is really good
    Now for legs and calves, in all of my time training the fucking legs have trouble recovering as fast as the other body parts

The worst one actually being the calves, if i hit calves hard, heavy and pump them full of blood where i feel like the skin is going to explode, im telling you i can barely walk for a week later
    Something about calve workouts my body just doesnt like

Hamstring/quad/thigh DOMS i love and enjoy the pain
    It lets me know you're still alive... btw leg day was today so a little doms coming on tomorrow i already feel it
    to make matters worse, i hit legs a few hours ago earlier today and im waiting for the night to hit before heading back to the gym, i have some shit to do tonight, the gym and me have unfinished business
    trying to get amped up right now listening to some music..
    KennyJ likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    If I dont feel pretty good and not sore by day five I know my diet isnt good enough.
    Chrisp83TRT and KennyJ like this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm currently staying really sore for 2 days when I really go hard. The Fred Sanford comment is perfect lol. That's how I walked around at work today.

Legs and chest sometimes 3 days
    Last edited by KennyJ; 01-20-2019 at 07:48 PM.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    So just throwing this out there am I the only one who trains sore and through the pain? Does that stop gains in any way to continue training this way or you should take it easy and just take a rest day before returning to the gym?

Thread Information