Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnyV85
  • 1 Post By JohnnyV85
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: Caloric deficit but making gains??

JohnnyV85 is offline Associate Member

Caloric deficit but making gains??

Whats happening here? Im eating at a 500 calorie deficit, Im visibly leaning out... but at the same time my lifts are getting better. Slightly heavier weights, better control/tempo. From what I understand, its not possible to build muscle while on a deficit....
    EDCG19 likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV85 View Post
    Whats happening here? Im eating at a 500 calorie deficit, Im visibly leaning out... but at the same time my lifts are getting better. Slightly heavier weights, better control/tempo. From what I understand, its not possible to build muscle while on a deficit....
    Better nervous system recruitment. It’s the same phenomenon we see among new lifters who will go from squatting the bar to 225 within just a couple of months, no matter how they eat.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Are you on cycle or HRT?
    I would say even though you're leaning out your protein intake is high enough and your testosterone is at a good level where you're making gains and preserving LBM

Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Are you on cycle or HRT?
    I would say even though you're leaning out your protein intake is high enough and your testosterone is at a good level where you're making gains and preserving LBM
    Im on my first cycle @ 500mg/wk of just Test. Ive been lifting for years though so I doubt its CNS as Gallowmere suggested
    EDCG19 likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Im on my first cycle @ 500mg/wk of just Test. Ive been lifting for years though so I doubt its CNS as Gallowmere suggested
    Could be anything
    I dont have a good reading or body fat analysis for myself but I'm sure just using test alone you're putting on muscle and cutting fat since that's what I have noticed on myselr
    Even with a calorie restriction as long as you're getting the protein in you're going to put on or perserve some of the muscle you have

How does it feel at 500mg per week?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Could be anything
    I dont have a good reading or body fat analysis for myself but I'm sure just using test alone you're putting on muscle and cutting fat since that's what I have noticed on myselr
    Even with a calorie restriction as long as you're getting the protein in you're going to put on or perserve some of the muscle you have

How does it feel at 500mg per week?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I just had my 5th shot this morning. So far feeling pretty moody, hoping that levels out. On the positive side, Im getting way better sleep, I do feel more recovered than before especially since I hit everything 2x weekly. Still expecting to see an increase in sex drive, it kinda dipped a little bit the first 2 weeks.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just had my 5th shot this morning. So far feeling pretty moody, hoping that levels out. On the positive side, Im getting way better sleep, I do feel more recovered than before especially since I hit everything 2x weekly. Still expecting to see an increase in sex drive, it kinda dipped a little bit the first 2 weeks.
    Didn’t think to ask about the gear but yeah, once you’re supraphysiological all of the normal “rules” stop applying. Hell, we saw controlled studies more than once where guys given supraphysiological doses saw an increase in lean tissue, decrease in fat mass and they weren’t even training.

I’m currently on my first cycle as well, and I’m seeing noob gain PRs all over again, and I was already at 405/265/495 S/B/D.
    JohnnyV85 and CA_DXB_85 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Didn’t think to ask about the gear but yeah, once you’re supraphysiological all of the normal “rules” stop applying. Hell, we saw controlled studies more than once where guys given supraphysiological doses saw an increase in lean tissue, decrease in fat mass and they weren’t even training.

I’m currently on my first cycle as well, and I’m seeing noob gain PRs all over again, and I was already at 405/265/495 S/B/D.
    supraphysiological and noob gains are the words of the day!

nateboussad is offline New Member
    Your body will gain muscle on a caloric deficit up to a certain point when you first start out. But you will see the gains level out eventually. At that point it becomes all about maintaining the muscle you have while you burn fat.

This is why most people advocate cycling between bulking and cutting in order to avoid gaining fat and keeping it on.

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
    Last edited by nateboussad; 02-22-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    You have hit an area where most will strive to find. Gaining muscle, losing fat at the same time! Make notes and keep doing whatever your doing. Its obviously working.

Thread Information