Painjunky is offline Junior Member

Need some help finding alternate exercises please

My plan is very cardio driven . I spend approx 7-8 hrs a week on running/cycling spread out over 6 days. I still like to build strength and size as best as possible so I dedicate 2 days a week for the gym which consists of the big 5 movments 5×5 twice a week @ 90% max as I have no spotter. My problem is Im smoking my lower back with bent over rows and dead lifts. Im looking for somthing to sub these to movements with somthing as close to equal as possible. I started doing bent over rows using dumbells resting my chest on an incline bench and it eliminates all the stress on my lower back and Im also able to pull the weight much deaper. The problem is I feel like Im totally cheating the rest of my muscles that are used when performing a genuine bent over row.
    With dead lifts I found doing single leg with dumbells plausable but again feel like Im cheating . I cant seem to go heavy/ low reps that way. Is there anyone here that has any ideas that would work?
    Thanks .

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Painjunky View Post
    My plan is very cardio driven . I spend approx 7-8 hrs a week on running/cycling spread out over 6 days. I still like to build strength and size as best as possible so I dedicate 2 days a week for the gym which consists of the big 5 movments 5×5 twice a week @ 90% max as I have no spotter. My problem is Im smoking my lower back with bent over rows and dead lifts. Im looking for somthing to sub these to movements with somthing as close to equal as possible. I started doing bent over rows using dumbells resting my chest on an incline bench and it eliminates all the stress on my lower back and Im also able to pull the weight much deaper. The problem is I feel like Im totally cheating the rest of my muscles that are used when performing a genuine bent over row.
    With dead lifts I found doing single leg with dumbells plausable but again feel like Im cheating . I cant seem to go heavy/ low reps that way. Is there anyone here that has any ideas that would work?
    Thanks .
    If you want to take lower back out of the equation then yes, you will be cheating stabilizing muscles, but isolating target muscle better, as that's the only muscle really being hit now

Thanks ! I like the idea of rotating heavy and light but with dead’s and rows . I’m good to go with squats. I’m no freak of nature by any means . I’m not really into body building. I’m an endurance athletes but prefer not to look like a walking cadaver.
    I actually have a decent build given the amount of cardio I do. I might take a pic when I get back to town and post. I’ve been meaning to do that for a while now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks . I’ll think it over. Balance / stability is major for me.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Painjunky View Post
    Thanks .
    For deadlift i suggest the foxsquat (Google it).
    If u have a big ass it migth be difficult. But u as a cardioguy it migth work.
    I ecperience no lower back stress doing the foxes... But my ass is too big.

Sent fra min G3311 via Tapatalk

Thread Information