• 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 2 Post By Obs

Thread: Useful information about body temperature and how it can improve or hinder you

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Useful information about body temperature and how it can improve or hinder you

This is an extremely interesting topic to me because there are definitely lots of misconceptions about it in general, I'll share some tricks ive learned, its very very important to understand this topic since it pretty much 100% determines how much you can train and also feel. This post will be an absolute mishmash and probably messy as hell, fair warning.

Bodybuilders often times will sweat alot, mainly on their upper body and will say that it's from the high metabolism but this is only partially what is happening and usually the cause of this is actually incredibly simple and important to resolve, before I talk about that I want to say some random important facts related to this topic:

* Calories are a unit of heat, anything that burns has calories.

* a very large portion of your oxygen consumption is for maintaining a high body temperature, during training this portion is incredibly high especially during a warming up phase.

* the higher the body temperature the better blood circulates and how the body works in general to an extent, an example being that a fever occurs mainly to improve white blood cell transportion to the emergency, it's literally harmful to attempt lower a fever in any shape or form unless it goes like 109+..( bless those children that are given ibuprofen and ice packs by their parents lol )

* the main location that an average person will lose the most body heat from is not the head, hands or feet but actually the tracheal area mainly because the aorta is located very close to it and the skin is so thin on top of the fact inhaling and exhaling is how the body loses the most heat. in a healthy person this area is notorious for being in general pain alot and it's an attempt of the body trying to get you to put your hand over it in an attempt to retain heat.

* the most important thing I want to discuss is the difference between SWEATING and actually having a high body temperature. When you are in the gym in a tank top training you are losing tons of heat to the environment ,this heat will rise and that's why you notice your head and shoulders being so sweaty even if they are not under any kind of training. A very dumbed down thing to say is that if the skin is purple and you are sweaty, the core temperature isn't raised and the muscle/skin is not getting sufficient oxygen.

* if you are wearing a typical hoodie or sweatshirt it's not going to do much because its unlikely that its going to be taught around the tracheal/neck area, you'd be better off wrapping a shirt around your neck. This is also why you can wear massive heavy coats in winter and notice your arms sweating like crazy but not feeling warm at all.

* the fuller your stomach is the more heat it makes and this will also make training much easier compared to no food, if you pay close attention you should notice you don't notice your breathing as much when calories are higher, a huge factor of that is your body simply becomes less sensitive to lower temperatures when body temperature is high and unsurprisingly your entire respiratory system absolutely fucking hates not being warm enough.

If we are going to boil it down really far this entire sport is really based off of manipulating the body temperature. The bigger the muscle, the more blood is required 24/7 which also means more heat is required which translates to more calories. When you are on low calories maintaining muscle is very hard and the whole system of how your stomach generates large amounts of heat is the #1 factor for that, the body simply doesn't generate sufficient heat to maintain the limb circulation.

So if you find yourself feeling cold but sweating at the same time the most likely scenario is your body is losing heat, mainly through the neck area and that is rising to your head which creates this really uncomfortable annoying feeling of shittiness. The average bodybuilder is being fucked from multiple angles really bad here, their bodies are in an energy saving state so the core temperature is going to actually be colder than usual but their upper body will sweat like mad from the heat rising to it especially during training, not to mention the average person in general assumes any sweating = hyperthermia basically and will drink cold water or something which just makes the problem way worse.

It should be noted that your heart / left part of chest loses lots of heat as well but a good amount is prevented by everything insulating it including the fat pad in your nipple. You might feel warmer quick doing chest exercises while wearing clothes around that area/ neck. Personally I feel way better sleeping on my left side due to this.

Wrists, neck, shoulders feet are all very commonly complained about in regards to pain and this is a massive reason why, a gigantic aspect of pain are simply heat retention tactics the body is trying to tell you, these thin skin areas are the easiest to lose heat from.

So tldr?

Your body needs a certain amount of heated blood to transport blood to the muscles and even in hot temps most of the time you really aren't going to retain enough heat made from the muscle unless the respiratory/tracheal area is covered. More calories consumed = easier the process is. Cover the respiratory area/ trachea.

Sweating absolutely does not instantly mean you are hyperthermic and are about to melt to death, your body would have 0 issue (and would actually very much prefer to) lose 0 heat from a decent amount of training, sweating is usually caused by releasing rising heat.

There are more things like how heat dilates fat tissue and causes fat loss but this post is already too long ..
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 06-02-2019 at 07:48 AM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    This is an extremely interesting topic to me because there are definitely lots of misconceptions about it in general, I'll share some tricks ive learned, its very very important to understand this topic since it pretty much 100% determines how much you can train and also feel. This post will be an absolute mishmash and probably messy as hell, fair warning.

Bodybuilders often times will sweat alot, mainly on their upper body and will say that it's from the high metabolism but this is only partially what is happening and usually the cause of this is actually incredibly simple and important to resolve, before I talk about that I want to say some random important facts related to this topic:

* Calories are a unit of heat, anything that burns has calories.

* a very large portion of your oxygen consumption is for maintaining a high body temperature, during training this portion is incredibly high especially during a warming up phase.

* the higher the body temperature the better blood circulates and how the body works in general to an extent, an example being that a fever occurs mainly to improve white blood cell transportion to the emergency, it's literally harmful to attempt lower a fever in any shape or form unless it goes like 109+..( bless those children that are given ibuprofen and ice packs by their parents lol )

* the main location that an average person will lose the most body heat from is not the head, hands or feet but actually the tracheal area mainly because the aorta is located very close to it and the skin is so thin on top of the fact inhaling and exhaling is how the body loses the most heat. in a healthy person this area is notorious for being in general pain alot and it's an attempt of the body trying to get you to put your hand over it in an attempt to retain heat.

* the most important thing I want to discuss is the difference between SWEATING and actually having a high body temperature. When you are in the gym in a tank top training you are losing tons of heat to the environment ,this heat will rise and that's why you notice your head and shoulders being so sweaty even if they are not under any kind of training. A very dumbed down thing to say is that if the skin is purple and you are sweaty, the core temperature isn't raised and the muscle/skin is not getting sufficient oxygen.

* if you are wearing a typical hoodie or sweatshirt it's not going to do much because its unlikely that its going to be taught around the tracheal/neck area, you'd be better off wrapping a shirt around your neck. This is also why you can wear massive heavy coats in winter and notice your arms sweating like crazy but not feeling warm at all.

* the fuller your stomach is the more heat it makes and this will also make training much easier compared to no food, if you pay close attention you should notice you don't notice your breathing as much when calories are higher, a huge factor of that is your body simply becomes less sensitive to lower temperatures when body temperature is high and unsurprisingly your entire respiratory system absolutely fucking hates not being warm enough.

If we are going to boil it down really far this entire sport is really based off of manipulating the body temperature. The bigger the muscle, the more blood is required 24/7 which also means more heat is required which translates to more calories. When you are on low calories maintaining muscle is very hard and the whole system of how your stomach generates large amounts of heat is the #1 factor for that, the body simply doesn't generate sufficient heat to maintain the limb circulation.

So if you find yourself feeling cold but sweating at the same time the most likely scenario is your body is losing heat, mainly through the neck area and that is rising to your head which creates this really uncomfortable annoying feeling of shittiness. The average bodybuilder is being fucked from multiple angles really bad here, their bodies are in an energy saving state so the core temperature is going to actually be colder than usual but their upper body will sweat like mad from the heat rising to it especially during training, not to mention the average person in general assumes any sweating = hyperthermia basically and will drink cold water or something which just makes the problem way worse.

It should be noted that your heart / left part of chest loses lots of heat as well but a good amount is prevented by everything insulating it including the fat pad in your nipple. You might feel warmer quick doing chest exercises while wearing clothes around that area/ neck. Personally I feel way better sleeping on my left side due to this.

Wrists, neck, shoulders feet are all very commonly complained about in regards to pain and this is a massive reason why, a gigantic aspect of pain are simply heat retention tactics the body is trying to tell you, these thin skin areas are the easiest to lose heat from.

So tldr?

Your body needs a certain amount of heated blood to transport blood to the muscles and even in hot temps most of the time you really aren't going to retain enough heat made from the muscle unless the respiratory/tracheal area is covered. More calories consumed = easier the process is. Cover the respiratory area/ trachea.

Sweating absolutely does not instantly mean you are hyperthermic and are about to melt to death, your body would have 0 issue (and would actually very much prefer to) lose 0 heat from a decent amount of training, sweating is usually caused by releasing rising heat.

There are more things like how heat dilates fat tissue and causes fat loss but this post is already too long ..
    Can you provide medical journals that substantiate this?
    I started questioning this where you say to leave a fever at 109 is better than trying to bring it down. There is a reason your body tries to maintain a steady temperature- ENZYMES work best at that temp.
    Heat loss is dependent on surface area.
    I stopped reading at that point. Unless there is new information available in medical journals that I am not aware of, there is no sound basis for these statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    107-108 you got brain damage.

This is not opinion or debatable. It's fact and been proven time and time again.
    HoldMyBeer and tarmyg like this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Can you provide medical journals that substantiate this?
    I started questioning this where you say to leave a fever at 109 is better than trying to bring it down. There is a reason your body tries to maintain a steady temperature- ENZYMES work best at that temp.
    Heat loss is dependent on surface area.
    I stopped reading at that point. Unless there is new information available in medical journals that I am not aware of, there is no sound basis for these statements.

Yeah, he lost me when he said your body temp goes up when your sick to carry more blood. Your body temp goes up because viruses and bacteria need a very narrow certain temp range to live. So either he is wrong, or my biology professor, so....

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    charger69 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    107-108 you got brain damage.

This is not opinion or debatable. It's fact and been proven time and time again.
    I honestly didnt know the exact numbers with that but yeah

If heat loss (in this context, animals arent factory produced sheets of metal..) was dependent on surface area your ass would lose much more heat than your chest and neck which is obviously not accurate. The less distance between the blood vessel and the surface is the main factor... it isnt really hard to understand. The largest blood vessel is directly below an area that not only has very thin skin but the respiratory system which on it's on causes significant heat loss.

An extremely simple way to determine this is true is to put a same size piece of ice on your tracheal area vs your ass. Very clear difference in body's oxygen response.

The way the cooling/heating system works in animals just isnt as simple as surface area, certain parts of the body gain heat or lose heat way better than others.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 06-02-2019 at 10:27 AM.

I honestly didnt know the exact numbers with that but yeah

If heat loss (in this context, animals arent factory produced sheets of metal..) was dependent on surface area your ass would lose much more heat than your chest and neck which is obviously not accurate. The less distance between the blood vessel and the surface is the main factor... it isnt really hard to understand. The largest blood vessel is directly below an area that not only has very thin skin but the respiratory system which on it's on causes significant heat loss.

An extremely simple way to determine this is true is to put a same size piece of ice on your tracheal area vs your ass. Very clear difference in body's oxygen response.

The way the cooling/heating system works in animals just isnt as simple as surface area, certain parts of the body gain heat or lose heat way better than others.
    You are totally confused my friend. You are talking two different things. One is heat loss which is based on surface area and the other is heat loss per unit area.
    Heat loss per unit area- armpit/ groin

HoldMyBeer and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    You are totally confused my friend. You are talking two different things. One is heat loss which is based on surface area and the other is heat loss per unit area.

Ok... so ignoring that what you just said made 0 sense everything i said is still 100% accurate.

Ok... so ignoring that what you just said made 0 sense everything i said is still 100% accurate.
    Ok. Thanks for the chuckle. I will leave you alone now.

This is what it boils down to.

You got a fever approaching 104-105 you better get that shit down ASAP

you won't survive a 107-108 temp very well. If you do you WILL NOT go unscathed.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    This is what it boils down to.

You got a fever approaching 104-105 you better get that shit down ASAP

you won't survive a 107-108 temp very well. If you do you WILL NOT go unscathed.
    What it BOILS down to indeed.

At least you'd have lost a ton of fat though ..

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Well there has been long debate over whether it is better to treat a fever or let it ride

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4703655/

That being said 107 is brain damage time. Persinally at 105 i reach delirium and dont know who anyone or thing is.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Obs

Why dont you suck a cock sir!
    You piece of fuck! Go shit yourself!

Gawd dayum charger stirring shit all the time! What in the hell.

My armpit is bigger than yours! Maybe not my groin but fuck... You dont know shit man!

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post

My armpit is bigger than yours! Maybe not my groin but fuck... You dont know shit man!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1558160387354.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	176711

It's a fucking death match now!!
    Obs likes this.

Well there has been long debate over whether it is better to treat a fever or let it ride

That being said 107 is brain damage time. Persinally at 105 i reach delirium and dont know who anyone or thing is.
    A study from China. LOL

You told me to up the tren , so I did. Should I lower it now? LOL

Obs likes this.

Blog Entries

when the fuck did you hit 105? that sounds like good times

Obs
    A study from China. LOL

Dont ask me. Its from you anabolic mastrubators favorite site. A published dubba blind pub med journal of shit that wont be true tomorrow.

Obs
    when the fuck did you hit 105? that sounds like good times
    I was 12 or 14 and had an infection

Obs
    You told me to up the tren , so I did. Should I lower it now? LOL

You didnt up it enough.
    You became a biothermal engineer instead of a proper asshole

At 98.6 your at delirium!
    Shit you had another 2 degrees: you were probably such a pussy that you took something to bring it down!

Obs likes this.

Obs
    At 98.6 your at delirium!
    Shit you had another 2 degrees: you were probably such a pussy that you took something to bring it down!

You are way off.
    Not suprising coming from a guy with a rectal thermometer with a 8" girth

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Fat leaves the body in form of Oxygen when you breathe. Nothing more to it.
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    8" girth
    Leave me out of this!

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Leave me out of this!
    You want it.

You are way off.
    Not suprising coming from a guy with a rectal thermometer with a 8" girth
    You like my rectal thermometer, don’t you?

I’m beginning to think Dr Fiddles is a quack. LOL

Obs
    You like my rectal thermometer, don’t you?

Not when you whore it around like you have been lately.
    Ghettoboyd... Kelkel... Familyguy...

I thought I was special ffs.
    charger69 and ghettoboyd like this.

Littlearnie is offline Associate Member
    Breath in oxygen and out Carbon dioxide . Oh and pee, breath & pee it out.

Thread Information