• 1 Post By HoldMyBeer

Thread: Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Post Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph

Today's topic is to debate an issue.
    Do you really fit a body biotype?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    off the top of my head without looking it up , I'm pretty sure the 'ecto, endo, meso' body type idea originally came from a comedian in the 1940s using it to make fun of people . it actually had no bearing at all in bodybuilding or science .

however, what made it "funny" I guess was that there was some truth to it.

I'm mainly an ecto. I have small joints. which does help in bodybuilding. the reason my calves look pretty good sized is mainly because my ankle joints are so damn small

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_418.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	660.6 KB 
ID:	177452

putting on mass for me takes a ton of time. I'm not thick. I'm thin and it takes a lot of quality muscle to fill out my frame

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    off the top of my head without looking it up , I'm pretty sure the 'ecto, endo, meso' body type idea originally came from a comedian in the 1940s using it to make fun of people . it actually had no bearing at all in bodybuilding or science .

however, what made it "funny" I guess was that there was some truth to it.

I'm mainly an ecto. I have small joints. which does help in bodybuilding. the reason my calves look pretty good sized is mainly because my ankle joints are so damn small

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_418.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	660.6 KB 
ID:	177452

putting on mass for me takes a ton of time. I'm not thick. I'm thin and it takes a lot of quality muscle to fill out my frame
    GearHead, this is also my way of thinking.
    I don't believe in these body biotype classifications. Wasn't Sadik HadZovic an ectomorph? Nowadays he is a monster .Nothing that diet and the use of steroids and peptides doesn't solve

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I always thought somatotypes were bullshit. Watched this video and my thoughts were confirmed
    https://youtu.be/QuP4pgMcxCg
    Somatotypes were invented as a tool in psychology to link physical build to personality types. Explained better here
    https://youtu.be/M9beGyhqU_E
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 11-06-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    I can tell you this, start at 6'1 and 145 pounds.... . My bones, my joints, everything is very thin. I am very lanky, every body part is extremely long and I am blocky as can be in my midsection.

Fast forward 8 years and I am now 230#, but I still look like I am very lanky. I will NEVER be a bodybuilder, I just DO NOT have the genetics for it. My height means I need to be well over 250# at 3%. This is simply impossible, idc what drugs and shit I do or take, my body cannot support that and it never will.

Call me whatever body type you want. I don't label it really.

Thread Information