Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JuliusPleaser
  • 1 Post By JuliusPleaser

Thread: Someone please explain this $h1t

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

Someone please explain this $h1t

Ok wow

After reading about my neuro type being dopamine dominate and that I should be doing low reps, I'm pushing insane weight, and the more weight I add seems to have no affect on my endurance in the 4-6 rep range.

If I go higher than and do 6-12 reps I will fail no matter how much weight I use and as my endurance plumments totally with each set. So I cannot do straight sets with high reps but can knock out literally 10 sets of 3 of heavy weight no issue.

As I'm writing this I'm doing legs and basically racking the extension machine. Yesterday I murdered triceps with the same intensity and weight and I'm barely sore.

Wtf is going on?
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 01-17-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    No real advice but interesting.
    I am dopamine dominant as well

Lol bro despite the weight I can do so much volume. This makes no sense.

Had I did triceps and shoulders yesterday with high reps I'd be sore and not move,yet I was repping heavy ass weight 4-6 to death feels like I didn't even work out.

I was reading how soreness does not always equal growth. So I'm kind of relieved but still concerned.

Apparently we dopamine types can literally kill ourselves 6x a week lifting heavy so long as volume is low.

Also we do better zero carb before workout and eat them at night to calm our brains. I did that this morning and it's precisely how I felt when I was doing carnivore.
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 01-17-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Does anyone have a clue?

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Lol bro despite the weight I can do so much volume. This makes no sense.

Had I did triceps and shoulders yesterday with high reps I'd be sore and not move,yet I was repping heavy ass weight 4-6 to death feels like I didn't even work out.

I was reading how soreness does not always equal growth. So I'm kind of relieved but still concerned.

Apparently we dopamine types can literally kill ourselves 6x a week lifting heavy so long as volume is low.

Also we do better zero carb before workout and eat them at night to calm our brains. I did that this morning and it's precisely how I felt when I was doing carnivore.
    Did you take the braverman test?

Yes. I took the braverman test and I also researched neurotypes all week.

Dopamine dominant. Need heavy weights, but I'm shocked I'm not sore AF. I guess what Poloquin says is true, we can do 10 sets of 3 reps without issue.

What about you? Do you train low reps?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Yes. I took the braverman test and I also researched neurotypes all week.

Dopamine dominant. Need heavy weights, but I'm shocked I'm not sore AF. I guess what Poloquin says is true, we can do 10 sets of 3 reps without issue.

What about you? Do you train low reps?
    I did.
    I vary now. My workouts are never the same.
    Sometimes 10-15 some days I go 5 reps 3 sets.

I think rather than just do heavy weight, add in a set to every exercise may help in some cases. And sometimes to add an exercise as well.

Ya. I'm so weird that I feel if I did a pump set with high reps at teh end of the muscle group it would negate the entire heavy process lol

WTF.

Today I ate my first meal at 12pm which was zero carb and then went to the gym about 2pm and didn't come home till almost 3hrs later. I'm in a calorie deficit and yet my intensity was crazy. I was lifting heavy ass weights; nearly as close to when I was on gear, AND doing high volume AND low reps.

I also realized resting 2 mins was too long and reduced it to 1.5 mins when I got to triceps. It had no negative effect. I was able to do warms up until I reached a heavy weight that allowed 6 reps and then did sets until I couldn't do 6 anymore.

Idk what is going on but perhaps the heavy training is stimulating adrenaline or something. I told my wife I could have kept going if I wanted. I ended up doing 16 sets for triceps because if FELT right, which is crazy compared to the total 9 sets of high rep sets I used to do which would have destroyed me with fatigue. But when it comes to heavy weights, it seems I can just keep lifting and going even with high volume, which seems totally counterproductive and always advised against. But my body is telling me it can handle it and so I did it and actually feel it deep.

I don't think its the peptides and my only stimulant is a cup of coffee (2 cups worth) with stevia in the am before breakfast.

I cant only but help realize that all of these years I must have been training WRONG for my body and neurotype.
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 01-23-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    I am similar, but only with my chest. I can hardly do 10 reps of 135, but can do 315 for max. 225 maybe 3-5 times if I am lucky.

Thread Information