bermich is offline Anabolic Member

weirdest thing you use to workout with?

Just wanted to get some more ideas for the home use gym enthusiast. You know: the piece of equipment you use for a quick work out when you dont feel like driving to the gym. Or maybe it is something you have in your closet that didnt have a purpose until you welded weights on it or something. Maybe it is an axle from an old truck you use to bench press with.
    For me: I use a walker to do dips with. When people come over and see it in my room, they look at me like I am eithe rcrazy or just jacked an old man for his crutch. They ALWAYS ask why I have a walker. I gave up on explaining and just let them stick with their first guess.
    Other places we used a broom stick with bags of dirt tied up in shirts on both ends of the stick for curling and benching.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Other places we used a broom stick with bags of dirt tied up in shirts on both ends of the stick for curling and benching.
    Why not just buy a homegym? Bags of dirt....

Kato is offline Member
    I took an old press from work. Our press had 4 legs w/ 3/4 inch holes drilled from top to bottom...two parralell pieces of like 8" channel w/ said holes drilled in also for vertical movement. It featured a big ol' botttle jack to press out seals etc. That one was homemade. We bought a manufactured one that was like state of the art(simple but way nice) Anyway I cut the press in 1/2...so there was 2 seperate legs left. I welded a flat piece of fleat 2" steel on the bottom aand like a 2" round bar on top..It's 4' wide by 6' 8" tall. I made holds for the bar along w/ two huge saftey catches. I went to a local store bought some plastic covered cable 3/8"...along w/ a pully and a couple of carabeeners.
    It works awesome. I can do squats, flat, incline, decline, pullups, tri pressdowns, and lat pulldown...all w/out a spotter. All for under 30 bucks. I love it.

Kato

tead09 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    I took an old press from work. Our press had 4 legs w/ 3/4 inch holes drilled from top to bottom...two parralell pieces of like 8" channel w/ said holes drilled in also for vertical movement. It featured a big ol' botttle jack to press out seals etc. That one was homemade. We bought a manufactured one that was like state of the art(simple but way nice) Anyway I cut the press in 1/2...so there was 2 seperate legs left. I welded a flat piece of fleat 2" steel on the bottom aand like a 2" round bar on top..It's 4' wide by 6' 8" tall. I made holds for the bar along w/ two huge saftey catches. I went to a local store bought some plastic covered cable 3/8"...along w/ a pully and a couple of carabeeners.
    It works awesome. I can do squats, flat, incline, decline, pullups, tri pressdowns, and lat pulldown...all w/out a spotter. All for under 30 bucks. I love it.

Kato
    that is dedication!

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting thread...back inthe day ..in highschool ..when i couldnt get to the gym...funny enough..i used to sit shit on top of my bed..like bookbag, metal folding chairs..whatever i could find and get underneath my bed and do a bed bench workout...i look back on it now and damn i must have looked funny

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    by da way...kato..you might have come up with the new all in one workout equipment of this time..lol..maybe ill see you on channel 70 something....heehee

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    It might put Bowflex to shame. Advertise it with that funny looking guy. Looks like his head is superimposed on a body. That one guy who tries to sell his abs of steel or whatever it is

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,

1. I use to 2 take stools and use them for dips.

2. I took chain, in my basement, screwed one end to the ceiling, ran it
    through a thin PVC pipe, and screwed the other end into the ceiling and
    used it to do chin/pull-ups.

3. I have pool table. I place a chair next to it, put my stomach on chair,
    with lower abs just hanging over chair, my legs under pool table and do
    hyperextensions.

At first my wife asked me what I was doing. I think she thought I was crazy.

Bobbo

Thread Information