Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By Windex
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars

Thread: Training without Gyms: Quarantine Fitness

  1. #1
    BubbaPlex is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    30

    Training without Gyms: Quarantine Fitness

    Now that most of our gyms are closed... What are some at home exercises we can do and still get a decent workout?

    I normally split everything up like... Chest/Tricep, Bicep/Back, Leg/Butt, Shoulders/Traps... Is this even possible rn... Or am I gonna have to lump it all together?

    This is such a shame cuz Iím almost 11 weeks in on my first Test Enanthate cycle! Help!

    And if anybody has access to a personal gym in Miami Beach... Iíve got butt wipes and would even trade my dignity for a private or home gym workout!

  2. #2
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    buy a power rack from amazon for like $200 and throw it in your garage.. add a cheap bench for like $40. will ship to you in just a few days.
    find a barbell, some weights, and a couple dumbbells on Craigslist . with a power rack and some weights you can do pretty much everything.

    https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-Delux...4556701&sr=8-6

  3. #3
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,673
    Butt wipes as a negotiating tool!

    It's all downhill from here.....
    The road likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  4. #4
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Butt wipes as a negotiating tool!

    It's all downhill from here.....
    The road likes this.

  5. #5
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,296
    John Meadows has some fantastic YouTube videos on resistance band workouts. I bought a set of 5 bands only cost $23
    Charlie67 likes this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  6. #6
    lawrie95's Avatar
    lawrie95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    24
    I would say resistance bands, however here in the UK 7 weeks into lock down and just about every website that sells them has ran out!

  7. #7
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaPlex View Post
    Now that most of our gyms are closed... What are some at home exercises we can do and still get a decent workout?

    I normally split everything up like... Chest/Tricep, Bicep/Back, Leg/Butt, Shoulders/Traps... Is this even possible rn... Or am I gonna have to lump it all together?

    This is such a shame cuz Iím almost 11 weeks in on my first Test Enanthate cycle! Help!

    And if anybody has access to a personal gym in Miami Beach... Iíve got butt wipes and would even trade my dignity for a private or home gym workout!
    In California, the gyms are supposed to re-open this week. But there is probably going to be all sorts of restrictions and having to wear one of those fucking masks while trying to lift.

    But be creative. If you got a ruck sack, load it up with everything heavy you can find.

  8. #8
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I'll trade you 1 big bag of Charmin Ultra Soft for 1 month access to your gym!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    In California, the gyms are supposed to re-open this week. But there is probably going to be all sorts of restrictions and having to wear one of those fucking masks while trying to lift.

    But be creative. If you got a ruck sack, load it up with everything heavy you can find.
    The future of California gyms:

    https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...ercise-inside/

  10. #10
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by OverpricedCreatine View Post
    There is gym in SoCal that said ďfuck itĒ and opened in May. Business as usual . No masks, no reduced capacity, just hardcore working out . I will be getting tested for Covid tonight so we will see. LOL
    24 Hour fitness will open up on Monday. You need to schedule time and supposedly can only go one time per day. I do not know about the mask or distancing right now, but I do know that they want to pack the gym, but canít due to the local orders.

    I canít freaking breathe with just a mask on, imagine trying to work out with one. I would think that could get to be insanitary.
    Wonderful SoCal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    a bunch of gyms here closed down permanently , bunch of Golds and 24 hour fitness etc.. they can't operate with their overhead alongside all the stupid restrictions.
    I'm sure this is true all over the country and not just here.

  12. #12
    Chark's Avatar
    Chark is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    a bunch of gyms here closed down permanently , bunch of Golds and 24 hour fitness etc.. they can't operate with their overhead alongside all the stupid restrictions.
    I'm sure this is true all over the country and not just here.
    Are you open yet GH?

  13. #13
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Are you open yet GH?
    yes . and I'm signing up new members daily of people coming from the gyms that closed down

    I was lucky and survived the 3 month shutdown with no revenue because I have zero debt and built my gym with all cash and so have no business loans (I still have bills obviously , but no loans to pay)
    a lot of these gyms had a ton of business debt and overhead and the loss of revenue crushed them.

    gym equipment and facilities are super expensive. commercial cardio is thousands of dollars per piece ($6000 for a step mill), all the machines like a pec dec for example is around $4800.. it takes tons of money to get all this equipment and start a gym, yet member fees are usually only like 40-60$ per month . its a big financial risk starting a gym . and most these gyms closing down are in massive debt that they got in to build the facility and buy 500K worth of equipment. with all that debt they couldn't survive that 3 month shut down, just easier to file bankruptcy with all that debt and over head with no revenue coming in.


    when building my gym , I decided not to get business loans at all. I sold my house, real estate investments, cashed out my 401k etc.. and went with cash rather then debt.
    if I would not of done it that way , I probably wouldn't have survived this shutdown either
    Chark and Cylon357 like this.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    yes . and I'm signing up new members daily of people coming from the gyms that closed down

    I was lucky and survived the 3 month shutdown with no revenue because I have zero debt and built my gym with all cash and so have no business loans (I still have bills obviously , but no loans to pay)
    a lot of these gyms had a ton of business debt and overhead and the loss of revenue crushed them.

    gym equipment and facilities are super expensive. commercial cardio is thousands of dollars per piece ($6000 for a step mill), all the machines like a pec dec for example is around $4800.. it takes tons of money to get all this equipment and start a gym, yet member fees are usually only like 40-60$ per month . its a big financial risk starting a gym . and most these gyms closing down are in massive debt that they got in to build the facility and buy 500K worth of equipment. with all that debt they couldn't survive that 3 month shut down, just easier to file bankruptcy with all that debt and over head with no revenue coming in.


    when building my gym , I decided not to get business loans at all. I sold my house, real estate investments, cashed out my 401k etc.. and went with cash rather then debt.
    if I would not of done it that way , I probably wouldn't have survived this shutdown either
    I'll be doing something similar once gyms open outside the city I live in. There's a small nonchain gym in my girlfriend's town. As soon as they get the greenlight to open I'll be leaving my city and throwing cash at them to let me workout.

  15. #15
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by OverpricedCreatine View Post
    I’m in Los Angeles. Mine opened on Monday, was there yesterday. No masks while working out, no forced distancing, nothing actually. Not at mine at least. And it’s a chain.

    Only no water fountains and the basketball gym is closed.

  16. #16
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Iím in Los Angeles. Mine opened on Monday, was there yesterday. No masks while working out, no forced distancing, nothing actually. Not at mine at least. And itís a chain.

    Only no water fountains and the basketball gym is closed.
    What chain?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Proximal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    What chain?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USA Fitness. And if I’m not mistaken, my gym by school (crunch) stated that masks were optional as well.

  18. #18
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    USA Fitness. And if Iím not mistaken, my gym by school (crunch) stated that masks were optional as well.
    I hope 24 hour does the same however I know that they are going to have ďappointmentsĒ once a day.
    They better know that they are allowing me twice a day or they can close them all as far as Iím concerned and I will go elsewhere or start my own personal gym.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I hope 24 hour does the same however I know that they are going to have “appointments” once a day.
    They better know that they are allowing me twice a day or they can close them all as far as I’m concerned and I will go elsewhere or start my own personal gym.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the reality of anyone who is serious about this stuff going into the future is that you’re going to need at least a basic home gym to get by.
    Cylon357 and Test Monsterone like this.

  20. #20
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by OverpricedCreatine View Post
    That actually isn't a bad idea. You wouldn't have to worry about some asshole saying "how many sets you have left?" On every rep you do.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •