Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: Time to get back to it

  1. #1
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566

    Time to get back to it

    while the lounge is getting all the action .. lets get the training and diet section back going.

    ok so heres a simple program idea to get back into things.

    workout split --

    phase 1 - all heavy compound movements heavy weight lower reps 6-8
    push day - chest, shoulders, triceps
    pull day - back, traps, rear delt, biceps
    leg day

    rest

    phase 2 - all isolation higher rep movements 15-20 reps
    push day - chest, shoulders, triceps
    pull day - back, traps, rear delt, biceps
    leg day

    rest

    accessory day -- work on those weak body parts. rear delts, calves, extra arm work etc..

    repeat


    phase 1
    set your exercises up like this .. non working sets with RIRs , one working set at failure, and one back off set at failure..
    so for example. lets say you bench 315 for 6 sets and thats your failure zone. well start the session out with 135 for 6 reps (no don't do 30 reps just cause you can) , then do 175 for 6 reps, then do 225 for 6 reps,, etc. then your 315 for 6 reps is your working set. then strip the weight back down to say 275 and do an AMRAP to failure as your back off set. then your done with that exercise.

    phase 2
    this is where your working sets are rest pause and drop sets at much higher reps..
    so for example your doing pec deck flies for chest . do 12 reps or so to failure, then rest 5 seconds then do more reps, then rest 5 seconds and do more reps..
    or your doing cable tricep push downs. do 12 reps or so to failure and then drop the weight and do more reps to failure. drop the weight again and do more reps.
    ^ note-- thats only for your working sets , not every set.



    anyhow. a basic push pull legs set up like this will get you back in shape fairly quick . as compared to a one body part bro split weekly set up , imo
    Chark and jstone like this.

  2. #2
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    while the lounge is getting all the action .. lets get the training and diet section back going.

    ok so heres a simple program idea to get back into things.

    workout split --

    phase 1 - all heavy compound movements heavy weight lower reps 6-8
    push day - chest, shoulders, triceps
    pull day - back, traps, rear delt, biceps
    leg day

    rest

    phase 2 - all isolation higher rep movements 15-20 reps
    push day - chest, shoulders, triceps
    pull day - back, traps, rear delt, biceps
    leg day

    rest

    accessory day -- work on those weak body parts. rear delts, calves, extra arm work etc..

    repeat


    phase 1
    set your exercises up like this .. non working sets with RIRs , one working set at failure, and one back off set at failure..
    so for example. lets say you bench 315 for 6 sets and thats your failure zone. well start the session out with 135 for 6 reps (no don't do 30 reps just cause you can) , then do 175 for 6 reps, then do 225 for 6 reps,, etc. then your 315 for 6 reps is your working set. then strip the weight back down to say 275 and do an AMRAP to failure as your back off set. then your done with that exercise.

    phase 2
    this is where your working sets are rest pause and drop sets at much higher reps..
    so for example your doing pec deck flies for chest . do 12 reps or so to failure, then rest 5 seconds then do more reps, then rest 5 seconds and do more reps..
    or your doing cable tricep push downs. do 12 reps or so to failure and then drop the weight and do more reps to failure. drop the weight again and do more reps.
    ^ note-- thats only for your working sets , not every set.



    anyhow. a basic push pull legs set up like this will get you back in shape fairly quick . as compared to a one body part bro split weekly set up , imo
    Thank you!!!! We all needed this!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    while the lounge is getting all the action .. lets get the training and diet section back going.

    ok so heres a simple program idea to get back into things.

    workout split --

    phase 1 - all heavy compound movements heavy weight lower reps 6-8
    push day - chest, shoulders, triceps
    pull day - back, traps, rear delt, biceps
    leg day

    rest

    phase 2 - all isolation higher rep movements 15-20 reps
    push day - chest, shoulders, triceps
    pull day - back, traps, rear delt, biceps
    leg day

    rest

    accessory day -- work on those weak body parts. rear delts, calves, extra arm work etc..

    repeat


    phase 1
    set your exercises up like this .. non working sets with RIRs , one working set at failure, and one back off set at failure..
    so for example. lets say you bench 315 for 6 sets and thats your failure zone. well start the session out with 135 for 6 reps (no don't do 30 reps just cause you can) , then do 175 for 6 reps, then do 225 for 6 reps,, etc. then your 315 for 6 reps is your working set. then strip the weight back down to say 275 and do an AMRAP to failure as your back off set. then your done with that exercise.

    phase 2
    this is where your working sets are rest pause and drop sets at much higher reps..
    so for example your doing pec deck flies for chest . do 12 reps or so to failure, then rest 5 seconds then do more reps, then rest 5 seconds and do more reps..
    or your doing cable tricep push downs. do 12 reps or so to failure and then drop the weight and do more reps to failure. drop the weight again and do more reps.
    ^ note-- thats only for your working sets , not every set.



    anyhow. a basic push pull legs set up like this will get you back in shape fairly quick . as compared to a one body part bro split weekly set up , imo
    Interesting... I am assuming that this is a come back after 3 months of none or limited working out:

    I do t think my ligaments, joints or tendons would be able to start out heavy at 6-8 reps of working sets.
    I am an old man, but I actually start the reverse with a pseudo phase 2 to get back into it. Once I feel that the joints and tendons are ready, then I go into phase 1. I fear that I would injure myself ( and get mentally frustrated) without that 2-3 week high reps low weight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Interesting... I am assuming that this is a come back after 3 months of none or limited working out:

    I do t think my ligaments, joints or tendons would be able to start out heavy at 6-8 reps of working sets.
    I am an old man, but I actually start the reverse with a pseudo phase 2 to get back into it. Once I feel that the joints and tendons are ready, then I go into phase 1. I fear that I would injure myself ( and get mentally frustrated) without that 2-3 week high reps low weight.
    keep in mind on the heavy set , there is only ONE heavy working set. not multiples ... so its just to get your body back and acclimated to feeling that heavy weight under the bar.

    its just a theory , but feeling that heavy weight on occasion can actually "wake up" the nervous system and strengthen the tendons etc..
    again, just a theory . I have no evidence of that.

    most tendon and joint pain actually comes from 'repetitive use syndrome' .. doing the same motion over and over again.
    so doing ONE heavy working set shouldn't be too hard on the tendons and it will "wake up'' your nervous system. imo

  5. #5
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Interesting... I am assuming that this is a come back after 3 months of none or limited working out:

    I do t think my ligaments, joints or tendons would be able to start out heavy at 6-8 reps of working sets.
    I am an old man, but I actually start the reverse with a pseudo phase 2 to get back into it. Once I feel that the joints and tendons are ready, then I go into phase 1. I fear that I would injure myself ( and get mentally frustrated) without that 2-3 week high reps low weight.
    keep in mind on the heavy set , there is only ONE heavy working set. not multiples ... so its just to get your body back and acclimated to feeling that heavy weight under the bar.

    its just a theory , but feeling that heavy weight on occasion can actually "wake up" the nervous system and strengthen the tendons etc..
    again, just a theory . I have no evidence of that.

    most tendon and joint pain actually comes from 'repetitive use syndrome' .. doing the same motion over and over again.
    so doing ONE heavy working set shouldn't be too hard on the tendons and it will "wake up'' your nervous system. imo

  6. #6
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    keep in mind on the heavy set , there is only ONE heavy working set. not multiples ... so its just to get your body back and acclimated to feeling that heavy weight under the bar.

    its just a theory , but feeling that heavy weight on occasion can actually "wake up" the nervous system and strengthen the tendons etc..
    again, just a theory . I have no evidence of that.

    most tendon and joint pain actually comes from 'repetitive use syndrome' .. doing the same motion over and over again.
    so doing ONE heavy working set shouldn't be too hard on the tendons and it will "wake up'' your nervous system. imo
    Interesting- I guess I will try it. You donít know unless you try. I think I probably conditioned my brain to think that high reps was the way to go.

    Just one last question- Does it work with pussy weight? Thatís all I can use right now. LOL

    Geez- a little shell shocked of people asking for proof. LMAO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,747
    I tried it. I modified it a little. I added a drop set at the end. I was surprised as hell to see the vascularity come out with so few reps. I didnít do push pull. I did biís, triís and shoulders.
    I am still on blood thinners and meds for afib until I get this cancer/thyroid shit completed. Why do I have such great vascularity??? Other than this last eeek, I havenít worked out for like 4 months.
    All in all, I would say that I didnít expect the feeling or vascularity that I had.
    I walked in the gym looking like a plain Jane old man and walked out looking like someone who hadnít stopped working out..... except smaller and fatter. LOL
    I am going to try it with legs today.
    3 weeks each phase? I think I am going to start cycling now with 750 test. See what happens.

    I just want t o make sure.... 750 test should not fuck up bloods for correct T4 dosage, correct?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GearHeaded likes this.

  8. #8
    Gallowmere's Avatar
    Gallowmere is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,906

    Time to get back to it

    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I tried it. I modified it a little. I added a drop set at the end. I was surprised as hell to see the vascularity come out with so few reps. I didnít do push pull. I did biís, triís and shoulders.
    I am still on blood thinners and meds for afib until I get this cancer/thyroid shit completed. Why do I have such great vascularity??? Other than this last eeek, I havenít worked out for like 4 months.
    All in all, I would say that I didnít expect the feeling or vascularity that I had.
    I walked in the gym looking like a plain Jane old man and walked out looking like someone who hadnít stopped working out..... except smaller and fatter. LOL
    I am going to try it with legs today.
    3 weeks each phase? I think I am going to start cycling now with 750 test. See what happens.

    I just want t o make sure.... 750 test should not fuck up bloods for correct T4 dosage, correct?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw the same thing from day one of getting my setup at home, and you already know what my rep schemes tend to look like. I did nothing more than work up to the heaviest 3-5s that I could handle for my first weeks back, and still went from looking like a marshmallow to a road map of veins every time, and itís stuck around.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  9. #9
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I tried it. I modified it a little. I added a drop set at the end. I was surprised as hell to see the vascularity come out with so few reps. I didn’t do push pull. I did bi’s, tri’s and shoulders.
    I am still on blood thinners and meds for afib until I get this cancer/thyroid shit completed. Why do I have such great vascularity??? Other than this last eeek, I haven’t worked out for like 4 months.
    All in all, I would say that I didn’t expect the feeling or vascularity that I had.
    I walked in the gym looking like a plain Jane old man and walked out looking like someone who hadn’t stopped working out..... except smaller and fatter. LOL
    I am going to try it with legs today.
    3 weeks each phase?
    I think I am going to start cycling now with 750 test. See what happens.

    I just want t o make sure.... 750 test should not fuck up bloods for correct T4 dosage, correct?
    in regards to the phases .. they are done together as a split.
    so like
    phase 1 -
    workout 1
    workout 2
    workout 3
    phase 2
    workout 4
    workout 5
    workout 6
    accessory day workout

    then repeat

    so your doing phase 1 workouts for part of the week and phase 2 workouts for the next part of the week.

    and no it doesn't matter what day you do what or based on a 7 day week calendar .. you simply do the workouts in order no mater if it takes you 7 days or 12 days to get through them .
    so lets say your only working out 4 days per week , well its going to take you nearly 2 weeks to get though both phases . but thats fine. you just keep rotating through the phases as you progress and get back in shape

  10. #10
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    in regards to the phases .. they are done together as a split.
    so like
    phase 1 -
    workout 1
    workout 2
    workout 3
    phase 2
    workout 4
    workout 5
    workout 6
    accessory day workout

    then repeat

    so your doing phase 1 workouts for part of the week and phase 2 workouts for the next part of the week.

    and no it doesn't matter what day you do what or based on a 7 day week calendar .. you simply do the workouts in order no mater if it takes you 7 days or 12 days to get through them .
    so lets say your only working out 4 days per week , well its going to take you nearly 2 weeks to get though both phases . but thats fine. you just keep rotating through the phases as you progress and get back in shape
    Even more interesting. I am doing my body every 3 days so this is perfect. No morning workouts.....
    Weíll see what happens.
    Please pick up my voodoo doll and make me be jacked in a week. LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •