Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

some feedback on DCs new routine

I have tried DcS routine and i can say that it something different. Im on the second day and i was quite surprised to how much the body parts i trained were worked up, pumped even if i did not increase the weights on the working sets. it kinda feels strange holding yourself back from doing more excercises for a certain body part. coz honestly one doesnt feel like enough. ive always been used to "doing more is better" attitude.

on the excercises i performed, i always managed to do 2 mre sets til failure after the rest pause but the number of reps did not drop. if i managed to reach the same number of reps on the 1st, rp, 2nd, rp, 3rd sets does it mean im not reaching failure on the 1st? its like someone mentioned on a previous post,about that imaginary wall its difficult to reach failure because i sort of subconsciously limit my reps even though i can do more. Im not even aware of it.

Spoon

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i don't think you completely grasp DC training, you only do one work set to failure per body part

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    i don't think you completely grasp DC training, you only do one work set to failure per body part

" MAIN REST PAUSE SET-375x8 reps (total failure) rack the weight, then 15 deep breathes and 375x 2 to 4 reps (total failure) rack the weight, then 15 deep breaths and 375x 1 to 2 reps." cut from DC's post. is this 15 straight or 8 -rest- 4- rest- 2. I wana do it correctly but may have misinterpreted what i read.

Spoon

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    DC does use rest pause training. when i used a DC style routine i never needed to add the rest pause set. i made great strength gains just doing one working set to failure. if that doesnt work then i'd add the rest pause aspect of it. AD

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    If the reps are slow in the negative portion like DC instructs, I don't think the average lifter will have the recovery ability to do two rest pause sets, and still be able to work the muscle again four days later. Eccentric training takes a heck of a lot longer to recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    If the reps are slow in the negative portion like DC instructs, I don't think the average lifter will have the recovery ability to do two rest pause sets, and still be able to work the muscle again four days later. Eccentric training takes a heck of a lot longer to recover from.
    I agree and ive noticed that if i go EXTA slow on the negative portion i hardly had enough energy for 2 more rest pause sets as compared to going thru the motion quickly on the negative portion and still fairly being able to do 2 more rest pause sets. I guess its either or for me.

Spoon

i think it's a communication problem, the rest-pause "sets" are really part of the one set, doing a set with rest-pause reps is what you mean, right?

i think it's a communication problem, the rest-pause "sets" are really part of the one set, doing a set with rest-pause reps is what you mean, right?
    Yes, more or less. I refer to them as sets because for the most part they are more than one rep, and are seperated from the main set by 15 breaths. 15 slow breaths is a long time for me, >30 seconds.

DC doesnt do any true rest pause reps. Rest pausing is like when you stop after a deadlift rep to eliminate all momentum and reset form. DC reps are continuous, albeit slow and controled, the way all reps should be.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    DC doesnt do any true rest pause reps. Rest pausing is like when you stop after a deadlift rep to eliminate all momentum and reset form. DC reps are continuous, albeit slow and controled, the way all reps should be.
    ok, now you're confusing pause reps with a rest/pause set, what you described as resetting yourself every rep, is called a pause rep, but either way that is just arguing semantics, you don't even have to use rest/pause, personally, i use the stripping method with DC training and get great results

i guess what i meant was that i did a total of three sets after my initial warm up sets. These three sets were actually ONE working set separated by 30 second rest pauses.

Spoon

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Seperate the time interval by 20 seconds...Its like almost no recovery time...

Other option is do what anadrol said, one large set(15+) with ultra slow negative(eccentric)....

Thread Information