Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Home gym models

coyote2017 is offline New Member

Home gym models

I have been going to the same gym for 30 years locally. I am there to seriously bodybuild. I have finally had it with waiting on people to get off of a machine or rack while they talk for 15 minutes or on their phone 15 minutes between sets. I have the means and space to do something I have always wanted to do.. put in my own equipment at my house. I am asking you guys to see if anyone has knowledge on home equipment. I am currently looking at ordering an MIM Hercules 1001 home gym/Smith. Not cheap, but I want to "buy once, cry once". If anyone has any experience with different brands, I would appreciate it. Also, I am looking at the Bowflex adjustable dumbells. They look really wide and I wonder if they would bang your hips during supination on curls. Thanks!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote2017 View Post
    I have been going to the same gym for 30 years locally. I am there to seriously bodybuild. I have finally had it with waiting on people to get off of a machine or rack while they talk for 15 minutes or on their phone 15 minutes between sets. I have the means and space to do something I have always wanted to do.. put in my own equipment at my house. I am asking you guys to see if anyone has knowledge on home equipment. I am currently looking at ordering an MIM Hercules 1001 home gym/Smith. Not cheap, but I want to "buy once, cry once". If anyone has any experience with different brands, I would appreciate it. Also, I am looking at the Bowflex adjustable dumbells. They look really wide and I wonder if they would bang your hips during supination on curls. Thanks!
    Think I recall Kel getting Powerblocks with the extra weight to go heavy. Pretty sure he loves them!

If you don't really just "have to have" the setup you mentioned, I would go with:

https://www.roguefitness.com/rml-690...0aAsGMEALw_wcB

See if they can add in a set of plates for no additional shipping. Also a good bench

Snag a verical or 45 degree Husky leg press and you still could probably save some $$ vs. your proposed setup. One thing I do like about your line of thinking is that everything looks plate loaded in your Hecules 1001 setup. Selectorized equipment tends to require a lot of maintenance.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I have Powerblocks with the extra weight and love them...
    That being said I would still rather have dumbbells.

I would never get a Smith machine.

I would get a power rack and bench and horse mats.
    I would get some sort of pully system for the power rack.

I would also get a hot tub and some girls. (If I weren't married...)
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

Good advice. In Central Wyoming tho. Hot tubs can be ordered. Girls not so much. Heh

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Think I recall Kel getting Powerblocks with the extra weight to go heavy. Pretty sure he loves them!

If you don't really just "have to have" the setup you mentioned, I would go with:

https://www.roguefitness.com/rml-690...0aAsGMEALw_wcB

See if they can add in a set of plates for no additional shipping. Also a good bench

Snag a verical or 45 degree Husky leg press and you still could probably save some $$ vs. your proposed setup. One thing I do like about your line of thinking is that everything looks plate loaded in your Hecules 1001 setup. Selectorized equipment tends to require a lot of maintenance.
    Yes, the vertical leg press on the Herc im a little skeptical about. May have to buy one like u say as I don't squat much cuz of back issues but leg press 600+ no problem.

Thread Information