• 1 Post By jolter604
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By jolter604

Thread: Been trying to up my peek

jolter604 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Been trying to up my peek

I had some great advice from a member on another forum who has some pretty good peek.
    I am going to try it out.
    It Involves preacher curls and lots of them lmao.

But I also found this

Every now and then a bodybuilder comes along with an exceptional body part that gets everyone asking what the secret is to developing such amazing muscle shape. Larry Scott, for example, was known for the long muscle bellies and an impressive peak of his biceps. One of his favorite exercises for biceps was preacher curls, which started the belief that doing “Scott curls” would allow anyone to develop the same shape of their biceps. Is it really possible to grow specific areas of a muscle to change or improve its shape?

RESEARCH

Brazilian researchers performed an experiment to determine if doing curls would lead to muscle growth in specific areas of a biceps or if growth occurs evenly throughout the muscle. Subjects performed four sets of eight to 10 repetitions of one-arm biceps curls three times per week. Muscle thickness was then measured at the upper, middle, and lower portions of the muscle.

FINDINGS

After 12 weeks the researchers found that the biceps grew at the upper, middle, and lower portions of the biceps equally.

CONCLUSION

Contrary to popular belief, it does not appear possible to make the biceps grow non uniformly along its length.

APPLICATION

The shape of your biceps is determined by genetics. The only thing you can control is their size. This study tells us that if an exercise will make your biceps grow, they will grow evenly and it won’t have an impact on their shape. That being the case, use exercises that

Food is everything!!!
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Blog Entries
    It truly is mostly genetics that’s why I hardly do biceps but they are without question my best body part development wise...
    jolter604 likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    It truly is mostly genetics that’s why I hardly do biceps but they are without question my best body part development wise...
    Agreed you have extraordinary biceps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ghettoboyd and jolter604 like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    A guy once asked me in the gym, “how do you get big arms.” Genetics, I replied. Said it in a non-condescending way. He wasn’t expecting that answer, but there it is. I also have big calfs and never work them out. At the same time my upper chest and abs are lacking. Some have abs that pop through, I don’t. I also don’t have the peak in my biceps, they’re just big all over. All these genetically gifted bodybuilders giving advice is mostly irrelevant to the average person.
    jolter604 and ghettoboyd like this.

This weekend I am going to do some incline curls
    Then some wide straight bar
    And some 21 z for the win.
    I always do bicep and tri cep together.

Food is everything!!!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

My goal is lengthen my upper bicep to get a better peak.

Food is everything!!!

Thread Information