Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By ascendant
  • 1 Post By Testie
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By jstone

Thread: Any Luck Lengthening Biceps Long Head?

ascendant is offline Senior Member

Any Luck Lengthening Biceps Long Head?

Just curious if anyone out there had any luck trying to lengthen the long head of the biceps, thereby filling that gap between the elbow and bicep? I've done tons of research on the topic online, but the websites all seem to contradict one another as to what exercises are optimal for it.

I'm really not even sure how much difference you can make and how much is just genetics. I've always felt like I've had a pretty big gap there that I wanted to fill in more, but I've never had any luck. If any of you had, please let me know what you felt worked best as far as exercises and any other techniques you used. Thanks.
    Testie likes this.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I have definitely had some success but it’s evolved over several years of training, it’s funny because when I talked to one of the local body builders in the gym about lengthening the bicephis answer was mockingly when I get that surgery let me know how much it cost....it’s really the same story all the way down every set and stretch the biceps out...it does work over time...good luck my Brother
    ascendant likes this.

Twistedfro is offline New Member
    I found a video that might help. This guy seems to know what he's talking about. Just skip the ads lol.

Twistedfro, the link you posted is pretty darn sketchy. Multiple prompts to download content, loaded with ads. Please don't post any more links like this.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-02-2021 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Removed crap link.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Just curious if anyone out there had any luck trying to lengthen the long head of the biceps, thereby filling that gap between the elbow and bicep? I've done tons of research on the topic online, but the websites all seem to contradict one another as to what exercises are optimal for it.

I'm really not even sure how much difference you can make and how much is just genetics. I've always felt like I've had a pretty big gap there that I wanted to fill in more, but I've never had any luck. If any of you had, please let me know what you felt worked best as far as exercises and any other techniques you used. Thanks.
    One other thing you might want to try is really work the brachioradialis. Building it up can help hide/minimize the appearance of short biceps insertion points.
    Testie, wango and ascendant like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    This ^^^.
    ascendant likes this.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I do always try to get a full range of motion for the stretch, and will definitely consider hitting the brachioradialis hard too. I appreciate it!

Datsunbuff77 is offline New Member
    I always did hammers on concentration seat but reversed so arms hung straight down not slightly out. Seemed to help my length. Squeezing the pinky in as hard as I could towards my should helped with my peak.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    One other thing you might want to try is really work the brachioradialis. Building it up can help hide/minimize the appearance of short biceps insertion points.
    this is what you need to do you will never really lenghten the muscle. as your bicep grows it will fill in some of the void, but you truly will never lenghten the muscle. stretching the muscle to elongate it would create problems with your tendons. if the muscle actually gets longer what happens to the tendon? its not going to just shrink. theres certain aspects of your genetics you cannot defeat.
    ascendant likes this.

Thread Information