Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 4 Post By jstone
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: First Cycle Program

propjoe412 is offline New Member

First Cycle Program

Been looking for a good program to use for a bulk when I start my first cycle. Right now I've been considering a few like the John Meadows programs (GB, CD 2.0, Taskmaster, etc), Swoletide's Volume Training, Jacked and Tan 2.0, or a Jordan Peters program. Anyone have experience with any of these? If not, what do you guys recommend?

I definitely like Gamma Bomb and Creeping Death 2.0 from John, but I feel like all of these programs have their pros and cons, so I figured I'd ask and see what you guys like. Thanks

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    vOv, I wouldn’t overthink it. Pick one and stick with it for a while, see how it goes, start cycle, assess, repeat.
    I’ve been running the same program (Inverted Juggernaut Training Method by Chad Wesley Smith) for going on four years now, and have been making constant and consistent progress the whole time.
    propjoe412 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    vOv, I wouldn’t overthink it. Pick one and stick with it for a while, see how it goes, start cycle, assess, repeat.
    I’ve been running the same program (Inverted Juggernaut Training Method by Chad Wesley Smith) for going on four years now, and have been making constant and consistent progress the whole time.
    Understood, I tend to overthink things like this sometimes. Just really wanna make sure this first cycle goes as well as it can haha. Will probably go with Creeping Death 2.0, running it rn and the pumps are insane, I love the intensity techniques John uses

wellshii is offline Member
    How long have you been training?
    As far as programming goes,
    1.Volume
    2.Intensity
    3.Metoblic Stress
    4.Frequency

I structure my programming to hit those 4.
    I was able to get a free looksie on John Meadows programs to see all the rave about them.
    Pretty much those 4 wrapped into a program.

If whatever is working for you know and has those 4 ,then stick with it and up the intensity /volume/frequency as needed.

I myself am gonna start an "Optimal" HRT regime within the next month or so.

I also want to note that I will be adjusting volume according to androgen receptor density.
    I am going tp hit legs harder than upper body so I don't look like a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    How long have you been training?
    As far as programming goes,
    1.Volume
    2.Intensity
    3.Metoblic Stress
    4.Frequency

I structure my programming to hit those 4.
    I was able to get a free looksie on John Meadows programs to see all the rave about them.
    Pretty much those 4 wrapped into a program.

If whatever is working for you know and has those 4 ,then stick with it and up the intensity /volume/frequency as needed.

I myself am gonna start an "Optimal" HRT regime within the next month or so.

I also want to note that I will be adjusting volume according to androgen receptor density.
    I am going tp hit legs harder than upper body so I don't look like a dummy.
    Been training 6-7 years, but 5 of those years were with serious nutrition and not just fucking around in the gym. I used to be all about volume, ran some of the RP MPT templates and they were alright but I hate the RIR system. I think using John’s programs really taught me how to push myself in the gym, especially because of the intensity techniques he’ll use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellshii is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by propjoe412 View Post
    Been training 6-7 years, but 5 of those years were with serious nutrition and not just fucking around in the gym. I used to be all about volume, ran some of the RP MPT templates and they were alright but I hate the RIR system. I think using John’s programs really taught me how to push myself in the gym, especially because of the intensity techniques he’ll use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As long as you dont have to pay the 300 bucks or whatever hes charging go for it.
    No disrespect to Meadows,but paying that much IMO is crazy.
    What is your programming now?

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    As long as you dont have to pay the 300 bucks or whatever hes charging go for it.
    No disrespect to Meadows,but paying that much IMO is crazy.
    What is your programming now?
    Yeah $300 is insane, no way I’m paying that much for a program. I was on CD2.0 shortly, but probably switching to the Gauntlet while I do this cut and saving CD2.0 for when I’m on a cycle.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    training for that long I wouldn't be following a program he essentially designed for himself. instinctive training with a focus on working harder every day. always try to add reps or weight, if you get stuck drop that exercise from the routine, and replace with something similar.

this gives you the ability to customize the training to you. you can incorporate fst7, y3t, HIT, or techniques from any program, but this allows you to adapt. following a training block like one of meadows is like taking a program out of a magazine.

using a training philosophy is much different than taking a program and following it to the letter.
    redz, Cuz, propjoe412 and 1 others like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Completely agree with the above statement. With five years of serious training you should have your training fairly well nailed down and tailor made for your body.
    propjoe412 and wellshii like this.

You're right, at this point I definitely know what works best for me/what I respond to best and what doesn't. It's been awhile since I even considered putting a routine together for myself because when I first started training, I had no idea what I was doing and spun my wheels for a while since I was training like an idiot. Appreciate the advice man! Gonna start putting something together for this upcoming cycle

jjz13 is offline New Member
    Been looking for a good program to use for a bulk when I start my first cycle. Right now I've been considering a few like the John Meadows programs (GB, CD 2.0, Taskmaster, etc), Swoletide's Volume Training, Jacked and Tan 2.0, or a Jordan Peters program. Anyone have experience with any of these? If not, what do you guys recommend?

I definitely like Gamma Bomb and Creeping Death 2.0 from John, but I feel like all of these programs have their pros and cons, so I figured I'd ask and see what you guys like. Thanks

Bro you gotta find what works best for you, no need to copy a workout verbatim. I never followed any program other than what I knew and some good friends regiments and just kinda molded them into my own workout. No disrespect but like another gentlemen said, don’t think too hard or deep into it. We used to say in the army — keep it simple stupid — which in theory meant no need to get all technical and crazy with it, keep it simple and evolve from there. Just my two cents

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're right, at this point I definitely know what works best for me/what I respond to best and what doesn't. It's been awhile since I even considered putting a routine together for myself because when I first started training, I had no idea what I was doing and spun my wheels for a while since I was training like an idiot. Appreciate the advice man! Gonna start putting something together for this upcoming cycle
    Nearly everyone goes through that early stage fucking off in the gym with absolutely no clue of what they’re doing. Really though, unless they’re just halfassing everything and never increasing volume load through some means, they’re still gonna make pretty rapid progress.
    We all know those chucklefucks in the gym, been there five years, still lifting the same weight, still eating the same amount, wondering why shit never changes, and just assume that it’s because everyone but them must be on all of the drugs. So long as you’re not being that guy, the minutiae doesn’t matter anywhere near as much as you’d think, usually until ones second decade of training.
    jjz13 likes this.

jjz13 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Nearly everyone goes through that early stage fucking off in the gym with absolutely no clue of what they’re doing. Really though, unless they’re just halfassing everything and never increasing volume load through some means, they’re still gonna make pretty rapid progress.
    We all know those chucklefucks in the gym, been there five years, still lifting the same weight, still eating the same amount, wondering why shit never changes, and just assume that it’s because everyone but them must be on all of the drugs. So long as you’re not being that guy, the minutiae doesn’t matter anywhere near as much as you’d think, usually until ones second decade of training.

Hahahahaha chucklefucks one of the best words ever! Thank you definitely saving that one.

Thread Information