Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Here is my split - Tell me if I'm overtraining or not

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member

Here is my split - Tell me if I'm overtraining or not

They say you have to work your hardest. Well...

5 days a week, 2 days off.

Sundays and Wednesdays is chest, triceps, glutes and shoulders

Mondays and Thursdays is back, biceps and traps.

Tuesday is full legs and the glutes again.

For back I do 6 different workouts of 12 repetitions each (4 series)

For biceps 4 workouts of 13 rep each (4 series)

Traps only 1 workouts of 20 rep. (4 -5 series)

Chest I do 6 exercises of 4 series and 14 repetitions each (includes butterflies, barbell, dumbbell exercise)

Triceps 4 exercises of 4 series and 14 rep as well.

Shoulders I do 1 exercise per delt for now (you know they are 3 delts)

---

Glutes I do bridge and that's only 1 exercise

Legs I do 5 different exercise like I said of 4 series and 14 rep.

*** Yes I tried to hit the muscle from different angles and spent 2 hours at the gym 4 days a week. On leg days In spent only 1 hour though.

Do you think I'm overtraining yes or no? This is my first one ever if you know what I mean.

I'm 179 pounds and 5'11 and have been training since 2012 though I never took it to the highest level. I was 188 at one point if that helps.
    Last edited by TheDreamer; 01-19-2021 at 02:31 PM.

No opinions?

JackedZombie is offline New Member
    Overtraining is generally a personal thing based on inherent genetic capacity, rest, appropriateness of your diet, and whether or not you’ve already conditioned yourself to higher exercise volumes.

You can definitely build up a tolerance to higher total weekly training volumes over time if you gradually do more and more over time, so if you’ve gotten to that point already prior to this then you should be fine. If you are coming back to training and straight to the suggested routine after a long lay off though it’ll likely be way too much and need to be abbreviated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    What are your drug use, nutrition, lifestyle and recovery like? The answers to those questions can radically change the answer to your original question.
    First timer

12 weeks on test cypionate 250mg twice a week (500mg weekly)

I sleep around 7-8 hours a night and have 4 days off (currently working 3 days because of the pandemic).

I'm 37, weight 179 pounds now, 22%-25% bf (I know). I'm consuming 2750 calories a day which slightly over maintenance level (250 calories over). Brown rice, chicken, pasta, broccoli, greek yogurt, skim milk, oats, beef, etc. is basically what I'm eating. I'm having 6-7 meals each one. 35% of my diet is carbs, 35% is protein and the rest fats. My work is sedentary. All I do to be standing up all day.

I have been working out since like 2012. The heaviest I've been is 190 pounds at the same bf % I am now.
    Last edited by TheDreamer; 01-20-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Oh and to ask the obvious question: do you feel overtrained? What is the intensity of your workouts?
    Not really. Not for now at least. I started this week with this routine. It's not the first time that I spend that much time at the gym.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    In my earlier gym years I’d do 4-5 exercises per body part with 4 sets, and usually focused one day per body part. I think I was overtraining.

You don’t need more than 2 exercises per body part, IMO. That’s roughly 8 sets. On chest do a press and a fly. Triceps do pull downs and reverse single arm extensions. Back do a pull down and deadlift. Throw in some pull-ups once a week. Obviously you can combine body parts when doing less exercises.

I get less injuries, I still get sore, and I have more energy and feel better. Results are equal if not better. I don’t do max weight in anything. I could do 150 lbs more on chest at least, but I’m getting sore with half of that (dumbbells though). My joints thank me.

You can only recover so much. Doing 5 exercises is counterproductive in my experience. But you should be tired and sore after every workout. If you’re not, you’re not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    In my earlier gym years I’d do 4-5 exercises per body part with 4 sets, and usually focused one day per body part. I think I was overtraining.

You don’t need more than 2 exercises per body part, IMO. That’s roughly 8 sets. On chest do a press and a fly. Triceps do pull downs and reverse single arm extensions. Back do a pull down and deadlift. Throw in some pull-ups once a week. Obviously you can combine body parts when doing less exercises.

I get less injuries, I still get sore, and I have more energy and feel better. Results are equal if not better. I don’t do max weight in anything. I could do 150 lbs more on chest at least, but I’m getting sore with half of that (dumbbells though). My joints thank me.

You can only recover so much. Doing 5 exercises is counterproductive in my experience. But you should be tired and sore after every workout. If you’re not, you’re not doing it right.
    What do you think of my cycle? 12 weeks on test cypionate 250 mg twice a week. When do I need to start taking aromasin ?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    What do you think of my cycle? 12 weeks on test cypionate 250 mg twice a week. When do I need to start taking aromasin?
    I’ve never taken aromasin , just arimidex (anastrozole).

.25 mg the day after injection is what I would do on your dose. 500 mg is a good amount, but be patient and have realistic expectations. More is not better.
    TheDreamer likes this.

Thread Information