Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Booz
  • 2 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By fit_deskjocky
  • 1 Post By fit_deskjocky
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: How far would you drive to workout?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member

How far would you drive to workout?

Here in Ontario everything has been closed but some remote areas are fully opening Wednesday. I could drive 199kms (130ish miles) each way. This seems excessive and some other areas may open up next Monday but nothing is certain yet.

Would you drive 2 hours each way to work out?
    Im contemplating it.
    TARDIS75 likes this.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Here in Ontario everything has been closed but some remote areas are fully opening Wednesday. I could drive 199kms (130ish miles) each way. This seems excessive and some other areas may open up next Monday but nothing is certain yet.

I’m contemplating it.
    I think I'd and have driven an hour or so at a maximum. Damn it would suck to forget your headphones
    Last edited by fit_deskjocky; 02-09-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    I thought Florida was wide open. I figured Desantis would have you guys opened all the way back up by now. I think I'd and have driven an hour or so at a maximum. Damn it would suck to forget your headphones
    He’s talking about Ontario, Canada.

Personally I would save the gas and buy a home gym. 2 hours will get old, quick.
    Booz and Honkey_Kong like this.

I would end of divorced if I spent 6 hours at the gym about 5-6 days a week. (4 hour drive plus the workout.)

Hell, add in getting ready and the shower and food afterwards and you're talking 7 hours.

Now I would do it occansionaly for special reasons. Say to meet a friend or to do a SBD day with real powerlifting equipment in preperartion for a meet. (squat, bench, dead)
    But only for a real special reason.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-09-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Fuck that I’d rather get fat and wait :-)
    Wannabhuge14 likes this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

It’s a pain, I can’t do the home gym where I live. I was driving up to an hour for over a month before the full lockdown. Next Monday the regions 45-60 mins away may open gyms again. I need a haircut too which is open 2hours away. I’ve been sitting at home all day lately everything’s closed so it wouldn’t be the worst to go once. Worst part is you have to book a 1hr block at the gym, I’d have to hopefully get a 2nd hour if it’s not fully booked after their 15 minute closing period between sessions.

It’s a pain, I can’t do the home gym where I live. I was driving up to an hour for over a month before the full lockdown. Next Monday the regions 45-60 mins away may open gyms again. I need a haircut too which is open 2hours away. I’ve been sitting at home all day lately everything’s closed so it wouldn’t be the worst to go once. Worst part is you have to book a 1hr block at the gym, I’d have to hopefully get a 2nd hour if it’s not fully booked after their 15 minute closing period between sessions.
    Have you all been locked down the entire time like this? I'd say the gym is the only socialization you are getting on most days. The mental health gained from getting out would be worth driving an hour plus for

I found during the lockdown I could make it as long as 2 things existed. A haircut and a workout. I can survive without the rest.

Yes they keep closing them it’s been terrible, I found some ways to work out in other regions however most people can only workout in their own region which I’m in Toronto which has been closed over half the year. I think I might drive once just for the haircut and workout plus of course something to do. I think I’ll be good from Monday onwards.

Yes they keep closing them it’s been terrible, I found some ways to work out in other regions however most people can only workout in their own region which I’m in Toronto which has been closed over half the year. I think I might drive once just for the haircut and workout plus of course something to do. I think I’ll be good from Monday onwards.
    It really sucks cause I believe they'll find the infection rate much lower of those who exercise regularly. Closing gyms is counter productive

I’m going tomorrow, gives me something to do plus I’ll get a haircut. Hoping next week the closer regions will open gyms back up so I can go back to my regular routine. 45lb dumbbells at home not getting it done lol
    Cylon357 and TARDIS75 like this.

You'll feel like a new man after both
    redz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Edit: oops just saw where you can't do the home gym thing. Maybe you could get that stuff and say it is for 'a future home improvement project'?
    Could rent a storage building and set up a gym. I'm sure if shit remains closed as it has already there'll be others interested in pitching in and supplying some equipment and weights.
    Cylon357 likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    I must not be as dedicated as some.
    I could barely get my ass to the weights in the living room. lol.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    Could rent a storage building and set up a gym. I'm sure if shit remains closed as it has already there'll be others interested in pitching in and supplying some equipment and weights.
    I was looking in to doing that. Problem is for enough space to fit a bench, weights and a rack, you're looking at like $200 a month (at least out here in Los Angeles) and on top of that, you still have to buy the equipment (which finding decent equipment right now is hard and expensive). Going in on it with other people could work, but you probably need to get everything in writing so that nobody gets screwed

Plus another thing with storage lockers is most of them are not open 24/7. Some of them close at 6pm. And there are many places that won't allow you to open a gym in it.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

How far would you drive to workout?

When covid first hit I built a home gym in my garage. It was expensive but I have no regrets. Gyms are still closed here and I just decided to stop cutting my hair. My hair hasnt been this long since high school. Lol I just put product in it and slick it back now that I am past the goody stage. I switched from wearing glasses to wearing contacts during the day too. I couldnt deal with the glasses fogging up anymore
    redz likes this.

barry8s is offline New Member
    I’m contemplating it.
    Well, I would train at my own home gym. But if I would choose a drive - I would consider about getting good music or audio books for that trips.

ShopperCap is offline New Member

-

Sure And nice photos

But I will continue

Which way would be better to ask for ramener:

"Put your head in vertical position", or "lift the base of your neck as high as you can"?

Thread Information