97cobra is offline Junior Member

Unhappy What is wrong w/ me??

On Wednesday my w/o partner and I were working bi's doing the I-go-you-go method. Well on my 2nd to last rep I felt something in the back of my head pop. With that came enormous pressure on the rear of my head and developed a bad headache immediately. I finished one more rep and dropped the weights down and hit my knees and I felt as if I was about to pass out. In the spot that felt like something popped had a throbbing sensation and after a moment it went away but the headache did not. Thursday I woke up w/ no headache but later in the day I lifted something w/ a little strain and the same thing happened again. Man it hurts!! Then today after I woke up I was fixing something to eat and I sneezed and I'll be damned if it didn't happen again. It happened about an hour ago and I still have a little headache but the spot on the rear of my head feels as if there is pressure on it.

Did I pop a blood vessel or something?? Please let me know!! Today is leg day and still figuring out if I should go or not. Thanks!!

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Bro it certainly sound like u popped a blood vessel. But any severe pain in the head u have to take seriously. I think you need to get checked out by a professional - play it safe!

Best of luck !

murph is offline Member
    hmmmm...... sounds like what happened to me before...... i would be fine ... if i wasnt doing anything that caused me to push myself to hard .. but when i`d try to workout or something ..... it would come right back .....after a few days of this i knew i needed to see a doc.... he ran a bunch of different tests and ,..well it ended up being low sodium levels they said this is fixed by adding regular table salt to my food and try to bring it back up...(this worked for me).... i do not know your situation,..... so i would say,...... see a doc and get checked out to be safe ... godd luck and this is nothing to play around with ... serious they scared me and told me the brain coulda swole-up........ NOT good.... any way im not trying to scare you just giving you my little story ... MURPH

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    better go to the doctor, doesnt sound normal by any means

BDTR is offline Retired
    That happened to me before while deadlifting. I dropped the bar and literally passed out, had a headache for quite sometime. Don't be stupid like me, go to the doctors.

I worked out today but I did very light weight and it still felt funny. After my w/out I could feel some pressure where I felt it pop. I still feel pressure there and my headache will not go away. So I am going to the doctor tommorrow to see what the deal is. I never go to the doctor but I feel that I need to. Thanx everyone for your replies, I'll let ya'll know what the doc says. Peace

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    My god, go to the hospital immediately. You have describe symptoms of an aneurysm.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    yhea bro thats some serious shit get it looked at ASAP

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i had a similar thing happen to me last summer while i was squating...i didn't notice any pop per-se, but there was a sharp pain in the back of my head (where the neck attaches) followed by an intense headache...the headache didn't go away for a while

i'm not really sure if it would have kept recurring, because i wasn't on any real consistent training routine. anyway, what'd the doctor's say?

After seeing a doc tell us what was up and how you are doing

Okay, this is so Weird. I was just going to make an appointment for this myself. I have the EXACT same thing going on with my head as 97 cobra, (funny thing is, I own a 94 GT!) Anyways, this is my story.

A few years back I was water sking and ate shit real bad, face first. This is the first time I had ever had this head ache/throbbing pain happen to me. I couldn't ski for the rest of the day, becasue my head would just throb! I wasn't lifting weights back then, but it was just like described above, after that wreck in the water, anything a little strenuous would make it throb followed by a head ache in the same area, the base of the rear skull on the right and left side. Also, I had sex a couple days after this happened and oh my god!!! I thought that I was going to DIE! My head pounded so hard I had to stop having sex wright before the grand finale!! That should give you an idea of how bad it hurts. Well, whatever it was, healed.

But, a couple months ago, while in the gym it happend again. After a couple easy sets, it would not throb anymore, but I would have the headache from the throbing from the first couple sets. Warming up seemed to help a little. Same thing with sex also. Eventually, I learned how to milk the first few sets in the gym and keep the throbbing down to a minimum, then it would just go away after I warmed up. Finally it went away. I think it took like 4 days of no strenuous activity. I called the doc and tried to explain over the phone and they said they didn't know what it was and asked if I wanted to make an appointment. I held off.

Its like somthing happens in the back of your head and it needs time to heal. It is now happing to me again, after watersking all week and it is driving me nuts. I went to tee off on the first hole today playing golf and it started throbbing. I am going to make an appointment as well, but would be interested to see what 97 cobra finds out. It would be good info to take to the doctor.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I go you go method? What is that?

Hope your head gets better bro.

Palme i think he means like he does a set then his partner does a set

So have you gone to the doc yet? Isn't there a doc on this board?

Went to the doc last Tuesday and he said he thinks it could be pulled muscles. But he also said all of my symptoms are symptoms of an aneuryism. He said he doesn't think it is but he wants to do an MRI and MRA. He said it could be an aneuryism and it may have not moved. So this Thursday I have an appointment for the cat scan. I guess it isn't to much of a concern of his if he wants me to get a cat scan a week later. That's what I don't understand. I mean he says he wants me to get those tests done b/c he wants to make sure it is not an aneuryism. I would think he would want me to get those tests ASAP. Anyways I still get headaches, just not as often. Head feels weird at times but not like before. I'll let ya'll know what the word is.

Yes, the I-Go-You-Go Method is when I go to failure and my partner takes the weight and he goes to failure, then I take the weight and go to failure, etc. Works the shit out of them!! And apparently something in my head!

So if it is an anurisim(sp), would it go away and then come back? Because, like I said above, I have had this before.

What the hell muscles would you have pulled for that to happen?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 97cobra
    Yes, the I-Go-You-Go Method is when I go to failure and my partner takes the weight and he goes to failure, then I take the weight and go to failure, etc. Works the shit out of them!! And apparently something in my head!
    I always use this system when i workout with my buddies, however after 2-3 sets they chicken out and say they need more rest...i normaly let them workout in there own speed after that and continue alone

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    Holy Sh!t. The same thing happened to my while doing SLDs about 2-3 weeks ago. I went to the Doc and had an MRI.....I find out the results on Wednesday...The MRI was a week ago so if it was anything major I guess they would have spoken to me by now????....I still get headaches throughout the day but I have not had that shooting pain in the back of my head for a week or so (knock on wood!)....

D

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,

I figured I fill you in on what my dr. told me. I had brain surgery, due to
    seizures for 35 years, 2 1/2 years ago. After surgery my neurosurgeon informed
    me not to lift over 20 pounds for 6 weeks and not to do ab exercises. Pressure on the abs and lifting too much sends pressure to the blood vessels in you head. Since I had surgery and my head was healing this could pop blood vessels in there. Anyway, 3 weeks later my sons bike wheel was loose. I put the bike upside down, sat behind the the
    handle bars, pressed my feet against the handle bars and pulled the wheel towards myself. I felt pressure rush to my head where I had surgery and let of the tire immediatly.
    The pain went away. I only held onto the tire for a second so luckily nothing happened.
    I never thought pulling the tire toward me as lifting weight. I'm wondering if you may have popped a blood vessel from lifting too much. Tightn your abs just a little and see if the pain comes back. Just tighten them a little to see if you
    feel pressure there.

I hope it's not serious!!!

Bobbo
    Last edited by Bobbo; 08-05-2003 at 08:57 AM.

okay wow, if you read my first post, this had happened to me last summer while doing squats

i have squatted since then, but it's been a few months

2 days ago was my first day squatting since january and the same thing happened, i knocked out a set of 8 and as soon as i was done i felt an extreme sensation of pain in my head and the back of my head kinda hurt, every time my heart beat i could feel it all over my head, excruciating

the headache didn't go away, took some aspirin and it finally wore off

today i go to do bench press and after my first set i get the same sensation...very painful, ALMOST made me stop my workout right there...since i was looking almost straight up while squatting i'm thinking it may be a pulled muscle or possibly burst blood vessel?

today will be my last day working out for a week as i'm going out of town, so i hope this shit heals up

sure hope it's nothing serious, if any of you have any info from a doctor on what happened i would greatly appreciate it
    Last edited by Bound for Muscle; 08-06-2003 at 04:51 PM.

Well I went to the doc and he looked at my x-rays and determined that I had a bulging disc in either my 2nd and 3rd vertebre or 4th and 5th(can't rremember, I know he said these though). I asked what caused this and he said it could be from an injury to my neck earlier in my life. So there's nothing to do about it unless it gets worse. The only answer then is surgery. He said the pain in my head was from the discs touching my nerves. He said do what I always do and don't change a thing. Just lay off a couple of days if it hurts again. The bad part is he said it will probably bother me later on in life. That sucks. Well thats what I found out. Hope none of ya'll have this but I hope the info will maybe help ya'll out. Love,Peace and Hair Grease !!!

Thanks for the update bro. Kinda makes sense for me, my back/spine/vetebre....what ever.....is al jacked up as well.

Hope it doesn't bug you too much. Mine has quit bugging me again.

Well I went to the doc and he looked at my x-rays and determined that I had a bulging disc in either my 2nd and 3rd vertebre or 4th and 5th(can't rremember, I know he said these though). I asked what caused this and he said it could be from an injury to my neck earlier in my life. So there's nothing to do about it unless it gets worse. The only answer then is surgery. He said the pain in my head was from the discs touching my nerves. He said do what I always do and don't change a thing. Just lay off a couple of days if it hurts again. The bad part is he said it will probably bother me later on in life. That sucks. Well thats what I found out. Hope none of ya'll have this but I hope the info will maybe help ya'll out. Love,Peace and Hair Grease !!!
    youch, that sucks bro

it's been a week since i re-aggravated mine and the headaches have gone away, but if i push with my fingers where you see in the picture i can feel a little soreness, and when the injury occured i could tell this was the source of the pain...is it the same area you were talking about?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is wrong w/ me??-source.jpg  

web03 is offline Associate Member
    can a chiropractor fix the disc? Usually they do wonders

Bound For Muscle, where your right index finger is, that is where my pain occurred. But where your arrow is, that is the area that is injured. The Doc said the only way that it can be fixed is surgery. It doesn't really bother me now though. Just feels a little awkward at times but no pain. Hope that helps.

Bound For Muscle, where your right index finger is, that is where my pain occurred. But where your arrow is, that is the area that is injured. The Doc said the only way that it can be fixed is surgery. It doesn't really bother me now though. Just feels a little awkward at times but no pain. Hope that helps.

yeah...seems like the same thing happened to both of us

the pain only happened to me while squatting, the bar on my neck must have had something to do with it because i now do hack squats in place of regular squats and i don't get any pain

Hellhawk1717 is offline New Member
    [QUOTE=97cobra]On Wednesday my w/o partner and I were working bi's doing the I-go-you-go method. Well on my 2nd to last rep I felt something in the back of my head pop. With that came enormous pressure on the rear of my head and developed a bad headache immediately.QUOTE]

Oh, man. I think you should take it easy now and rest for a long time.

Thread Information