Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stair Climber...is it enough?

Huskilifter4646 is offline New Member

Stair Climber...is it enough?

Out of respect for the Forum I am trying to control my questions. LOL

When doing cardio for fat loss is 30 min stair climber sufficient? Obviously it comes down to calories in calories out. I currently eat 2800 calories a day. In the past I would eat close to 4000 and try and get as strong as possible. Noticing that this time around I am retaining a lot of muscle and losing fat but it’s a very slow process.

My question is if I am burning around 200 calories 30 mins on star climber is that sufficient? Stair climber can be hard on my hips but it’s less hard on my body than HIIT and it’s about ½ the time I would spend burning 200 calories on the treadmill. Open to alternatives.

Also is doing cardio after lifting ok. I, like many have a day job and coming back into the gym in the evening/morning can be a lot. If the rewards are worth it I will do that but if I can get the same value out of cardio post workout why would I just do that?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskilifter4646 View Post
    Out of respect for the Forum I am trying to control my questions. LOL

When doing cardio for fat loss is 30 min stair climber sufficient? Obviously it comes down to calories in calories out. I currently eat 2800 calories a day. In the past I would eat close to 4000 and try and get as strong as possible. Noticing that this time around I am retaining a lot of muscle and losing fat but it’s a very slow process.

My question is if I am burning around 200 calories 30 mins on star climber is that sufficient? Stair climber can be hard on my hips but it’s less hard on my body than HIIT and it’s about ½ the time I would spend burning 200 calories on the treadmill. Open to alternatives.

Also is doing cardio after lifting ok. I, like many have a day job and coming back into the gym in the evening/morning can be a lot. If the rewards are worth it I will do that but if I can get the same value out of cardio post workout why would I just do that?
    If you have hip issues, an elliptical would be a better choice as Cylon said. However non-weight bearing like swimming as he also said, is best. A stationary cycle also falls into the non-weight bearing category.

Thread Information