Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Training of each delt separately ?

the.muscled.lawyer is offline Associate Member

Training of each delt separately ?

Hi,

What do you think of training each delt separately ?

For example :

Rear delt on monday
    Front delt on wednesday
    Lateral delt on friday

I am asking this because my rear delt is imbalanced with front and lateral.

I only do one exercice per delt : 4 series of 10 reps for each delt.

Further, I am following a diet (low carbs) for losing fat and after my cardio, I have no more energy to fully train my entire shoulders : just enough for the lateral delt.

Thank you.
    Last edited by the.muscled.lawyer; 09-05-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I just don't see the point and if all you can do is one exercise per day... then I don't know what to tell you. You don't have 30 min per day to do at least 3 exercises for shoulders? I always do sides, fronts, and rears and throw in some shoulder shrugs for traps. If the delt is imbalanced, it will catch up. The question is why is it unbalanced? If it is a nerve issue, it will never be as big as the other side due to uneven contraction.

the.muscled.lawyer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I just don't see the point and if all you can do is one exercise per day... then I don't know what to tell you. You don't have 30 min per day to do at least 3 exercises for shoulders? I always do sides, fronts, and rears and throw in some shoulder shrugs for traps. If the delt is imbalanced, it will catch up. The question is why is it unbalanced? If it is a nerve issue, it will never be as big as the other side due to uneven contraction.
    I have 2 problems :

1.right arm stronger than left arm
    2. Rear delts unbalanced with lateral delts.

It is unbalanced because I rarely Train the rear delt... now I always start with the rear delt and my right arm is stronger than my left arm. I improved my rear delts and the right arm is about to catch up.

After my boxing work out, I have just the required energy to work 4 x 10 reps of one deltoid...

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    I have 2 problems :

1.right arm stronger than left arm
    2. Rear delts unbalanced with lateral delts.

It is unbalanced because I rarely Train the rear delt... now I always start with the rear delt and my right arm is stronger than my left arm. I improved my rear delts and the right arm is about to catch up.

After my boxing work out, I have just the required energy to work 4 x 10 reps of one deltoid...
    I don't know how intense your boxing workout is, but maybe do your lifting before you do your boxing? Maybe an energy drink or a stim preworkout is something you need?

You ever think about adding seated shoulder presses in to your workout?

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    Hi,

What do you think of training each delt separately ?

For example :

Rear delt on monday
    Front delt on wednesday
    Lateral delt on friday

I am asking this because my rear delt is imbalanced with front and lateral.

I only do one exercice per delt : 4 series of 10 reps for each delt.

Further, I am following a diet (low carbs) for losing fat and after my cardio, I have no more energy to fully train my entire shoulders : just enough for the lateral delt.

Thank you.
    The volume of a given shoulder workout doesn't justify a separate workout for each delt. And the delts are a small muscle group, so I don't think you can even hit each delt with that much volume. Its just...res ipsa loquitur, ya know?

Also, most shoulder exercises (the staple exercises) target both the front and side delts. I don't think you can just neatly separate those two groups into their own days, i.e., a side delt day and a front delt day.

On the other hand, Dorian Yates would train rear delts with back (Blood & Guts video series on youtube). That makes sense, especially if you want to give more attention to the rear delts.
    Last edited by tempest818; 10-03-2021 at 05:40 AM.

ChemyoDude is offline Junior Member
    For years iv separated my delt work. I just question whether 4 sets of 10 is enough volume per delt head. My current volume is all to or bear failure. Overhead press 4 sets, front iso 3 sets, side 15 sets, rear 10 sets... Per week...

Side and rear delts need a ton of volume

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thread Information