Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By sean007smith

Thread: Bro split critique

sean007smith is offline Junior Member

Bro split critique

Hey ya I'm still doing the classic bro split don't laugh I'm old school and spent alot of time here in the 2000s. I traded my soul for for opiates lost everything I worked for and am trying to get my body back now that I'm sober and 40 years old.
    I have never been to the gym and really wish I didn't sell my Smith machine now that it would be worth a fortune. So I got a bench with "leg extensions" and preacher attachment, barbell, dumbbells, dip bars, pull up bar and some resistance bands

Day 1 chest
    Push ups
    Bench press
    Bench fly
    Neutral grip close dumbbell press
    Resistance band front raises

Day 2 legs
    Squats
    Dumbbell lunges
    Front and rear leg extensions with weights and resistance bands to add difficulty because it's just an bench press attachment
    Calf raises

Day 3 biceps triceps
    Chin ups
    Dips
    Curls
    One arm row
    Lying down over head tricep extension

Day 4 back and delts
    Pull ups
    Military press
    Side lateral raises
    Bent over lateral raises

Rest day with core exercises maybe depending on need and motivation.

I've been working with this basic model for almost a year and have made some newbie gains. Should I add or remove anything or just scrap it and do push pull? Also I'm 5"7 150 lean I was 110 a year ago.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First off, congratulations. I know first hand how evil that shit is. It’s a true testament to your character that you’ve battled through it.

Think of guys in prison that build muscle with milk jugs full of sand, rusty old iron and broom sticks. Don’t overthink it. Make sure you’re feeding yourself (maximize your nutrition) and look to add whatever variability you can every 6-8 weeks. Even if it’s just changing angles, pauses or working sets.

You split is just fine for now and newbie gains are the best.
    sean007smith likes this.

sean007smith is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    First off, congratulations. I know first hand how evil that shit is.
    Thanks bro and ya I read your blog and really respect what you have done.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sean007smith View Post
    Hey ya I'm still doing the classic bro split don't laugh I'm old school and spent alot of time here in the 2000s. I traded my soul for for opiates lost everything I worked for and am trying to get my body back now that I'm sober and 40 years old.
    I have never been to the gym and really wish I didn't sell my Smith machine now that it would be worth a fortune. So I got a bench with "leg extensions" and preacher attachment, barbell, dumbbells, dip bars, pull up bar and some resistance bands

Day 1 chest
    Push ups
    Bench press
    Bench fly
    Neutral grip close dumbbell press
    Resistance band front raises

Day 2 legs
    Squats
    Dumbbell lunges
    Front and rear leg extensions with weights and resistance bands to add difficulty because it's just an bench press attachment
    Calf raises

Day 3 biceps triceps
    Chin ups
    Dips
    Curls
    One arm row
    Lying down over head tricep extension

Day 4 back and delts
    Pull ups
    Military press
    Side lateral raises
    Bent over lateral raises

Rest day with core exercises maybe depending on need and motivation.

I've been working with this basic model for almost a year and have made some newbie gains. Should I add or remove anything or just scrap it and do push pull? Also I'm 5"7 150 lean I was 110 a year ago.
    You should have one restday after each training day and only split beetween upper and lower body. U could do traps on the lower day.
    To help this approach, dont focus on arms. They get plenty of work elsewhere.
    And add shoulder feeders before bedrime, 7 days a week. Side laterals. Then u could focus on the rear head only. Front head get plenty of work when u hit chest.

50% focus on lower body will help u grow everywhere, i promise.
    Always do calves first, 4 times a week. Warmup. But hit them harder on the lower day.
    Do hams before quads.
    This will pretty much cut it when it comes to gymwork.

Sent fra min SM-G998B via Tapatalk

Thread Information