Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree21Likes
  • 4 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By DinAZ
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By ascendant

Thread: Swollen Feet, Ankles, and Calves (both legs equally). What to do?

  1. #1
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,898

    Swollen Feet, Ankles, and Calves (both legs equally). What to do?

    The first time it happened to me, I was doing a cycle (cyp, deca , and dbol ). I noticed my sneakers fit tighter than usual. After I pulled off the sneakers, I had noticed my feet were swollen. Quite a bit too - the skin on top of my foot was tight, and it left a lingering white mark if I pressed a finger down on it. Both feet were fairly equal in swelling severity.

    I asked around, and was told it could be the dbol causing edema. So, I cut back the dbol, and the swelling did go away over the next few days or so after that. That was maybe about five to six months ago.

    In the last week or so, I've noticed they're swollen again. I'm not on a cycle, only testosterone replacement therapy at 200mg/wk and 450IU of HCG per week.

    From what I'm reading from online, where it is both legs evenly and the tight skin on top of the feet, it does seem like edema. So, I tried easing back some on my sodium. It hasn't seemed to make a difference, although I'm not sure how long it would take if it's sodium and how much I would need to cut it back to notice results?

    I'm just really frustrated, as it's going on a week now, and it's no better than it was on day 1.

    The only other thing I have been able to come up with that could be a very slim possibility - kratom (and resulting liver damage). I have used kratom for years, mainly for depression issues (very long story). I stopped for like 6mos last year, then life became very hard again, so I needed an anti-depressant again. From what I am reading online, kratom can damage the liver. From other causes of swollen feet, one was also liver disease. So now, between the length of time and hefty doses I was taking of kratom, I'm concerned this could be a sign of liver disease. However, the one and only symptom I seem to have for liver disease is the swollen feet one. So, while doubtful, I'm just trying to explore all possibilities.

    I'm thinking more likely than not, I'm going to have to get really strict on the sodium I put in foods for a few days? I looked into a dieuretic too, but the only one I found locally has caffeine in it. So, I'm taking in more coffee now to try to help too. Any other suggestions?

  2. #2
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    The first time it happened to me, I was doing a cycle (cyp, deca , and dbol ). I noticed my sneakers fit tighter than usual. After I pulled off the sneakers, I had noticed my feet were swollen. Quite a bit too - the skin on top of my foot was tight, and it left a lingering white mark if I pressed a finger down on it. Both feet were fairly equal in swelling severity.

    I asked around, and was told it could be the dbol causing edema. So, I cut back the dbol, and the swelling did go away over the next few days or so after that. That was maybe about five to six months ago.

    In the last week or so, I've noticed they're swollen again. I'm not on a cycle, only testosterone replacement therapy at 200mg/wk and 450IU of HCG per week.

    From what I'm reading from online, where it is both legs evenly and the tight skin on top of the feet, it does seem like edema. So, I tried easing back some on my sodium. It hasn't seemed to make a difference, although I'm not sure how long it would take if it's sodium and how much I would need to cut it back to notice results?

    I'm just really frustrated, as it's going on a week now, and it's no better than it was on day 1.

    The only other thing I have been able to come up with that could be a very slim possibility - kratom (and resulting liver damage). I have used kratom for years, mainly for depression issues (very long story). I stopped for like 6mos last year, then life became very hard again, so I needed an anti-depressant again. From what I am reading online, kratom can damage the liver. From other causes of swollen feet, one was also liver disease. So now, between the length of time and hefty doses I was taking of kratom, I'm concerned this could be a sign of liver disease. However, the one and only symptom I seem to have for liver disease is the swollen feet one. So, while doubtful, I'm just trying to explore all possibilities.

    I'm thinking more likely than not, I'm going to have to get really strict on the sodium I put in foods for a few days? I looked into a dieuretic too, but the only one I found locally has caffeine in it. So, I'm taking in more coffee now to try to help too. Any other suggestions?
    It could be the result of an increase in estrogen. I am not sure that is it, but increasing the AI May help. The real way of doing this is through blood tests, but I am in CA and I need a Dr order to get a blood test so I do trial and error. NOTE : all results go to Dr and not to individual.

    My $.02


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,220
    Blog Entries
    1
    Agreed, probably elevated estrogen is to blame. Also make sure you’re pounding enough fluids. Bump up the Gatorade and electrolytes. Hydrate will cause the body to hold less water as well. It all sounds like classic hallmark signs of estrogen related edema though and they are notorious with those compounds.

    Not sure if you’re taking an AI, but maybe start with .25 of aromasin every 3 days and adjust from there. Shooting from the hip, but that’s where I’d start without bloods. Lowering sodium will obviously help as well. I would make sure to drink enough.

    Could also add in masteron , I won’t use a 19 not without it. Even 3-400 mgs a week
    almostgone and ascendant like this.

  4. #4
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,123
    Just going to throw this out there:

    Could you have gout?

    A friend of mine had gout when he was only about 20, you don't have to be 65 and addicted to duck.

  5. #5
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Just going to throw this out there:

    Could you have gout?

    A friend of mine had gout when he was only about 20, you don't have to be 65 and addicted to duck.
    He would know if he had gout. It is very painful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almostgone likes this.

  6. #6
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,414
    I'm just going to echo what's stated above. CBC, CMP-14, total and free T, sensitive E2 to start. The CMP will give you a peek at your liver enzymes and a little kidney information.

    It really does sound like it is leaning towards high E2 since the d'bol caused you problems, but labs are really necessary.

    Any recent weight gain? How's your cardio and can you tell a change in your cardiac performance when exercising?

    Water....drink water. Don't kill yourself, but if you're drinking anything, let it be water.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-02-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,653
    Simply reducing you dose could help as well. Most people never need 200 pw for TRT. I don't know where your levels run but to me that would be the first step as opposed to adding ancillaries.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks for all the feedback. I actually did consider it could be elevated estrogen as well. All I have on hand is Adex, so doing 0.5mg/day for the next 4-5 days and see if it helps. I'm also going to consider reducing my TRT like you suggested kelkel. I know it's towards the higher end, but figured it would make it easier to maintain between cycles. But, it clearly comes at a cost as well.

    No recent weight gain at all, but I'm just trying to maintain these days, so that's ideal. My cardio is definitely suffering, but not sure how much of that is because of my cardiovascular system, if any. My calves tighten up VERY fast, and I start getting shin splints 5-7mins into cardio for some reason. So, I'm having to moderate my cardio a lot until I get this in check.

    Drinking more water like others suggested. I thought my intake was decent, but paying more attention to make sure I keep it high. I'll keep you all posted in the next few days as I try to figure this out. Only reason I'm holding off a doc currently is I have no insurance and VERY strapped for cash right now. So, trying to do this the most affordable way possible for now.

  9. #9
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,123
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Only reason I'm holding off a doc currently is I have no insurance and VERY strapped for cash right now. So, trying to do this the most affordable way possible for now.
    If I wanted to emigrate to another country, and if I were looking through the list of advantages and disadvantages for each country, free healthcare would be near the top of the list. I'd hate to live somewhere where I'd hold on from seeing a doctor because I'm saving for a holiday.
    ascendant likes this.

  10. #10
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    I agree that the dose is too high for you. Some people can handle it, but my hematocrit is borderline too high on just 175 mg a week with HCG , as an example. Estrogen can creep up, too. Check your bp. The best case scenario is that it’s estrogen or salt related, the worst is heart related. I would get checked out to be on the safe side if this persists. I would avoid the AIs and drop the dose down to 125.
    DinAZ and ascendant like this.

  11. #11
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    If I wanted to emigrate to another country, and if I were looking through the list of advantages and disadvantages for each country, free healthcare would be near the top of the list. I'd hate to live somewhere where I'd hold on from seeing a doctor because I'm saving for a holiday.
    Absolutely. It's horrible how we have to choose between our health or providing for our family. Sad thing is I make well above minimum wage, but with three kids, I STILL struggle to keep my head afloat financially.

  12. #12
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I agree that the dose is too high for you. Some people can handle it, but my hematocrit is borderline too high on just 175 mg a week with HCG, as an example. Estrogen can creep up, too. Check your bp. The best case scenario is that it’s estrogen or salt related, the worst is heart related. I would get checked out to be on the safe side if this persists. I would avoid the AIs and drop the dose down to 125.
    Thanks for the info. I am dropping the test down to around 120-140/wk. That shouldn't negatively impact my sex drive, right?

    I am taking some Adex for a bit too, while I wait for the test levels to decrease. Trying to get this in check asap, as it feels weird in my feet and ankle area. The skin feels tight, and like I said, it's a lot harder to get through my cardio because of it.

    I would be surprised if it's heart-related, but if it doesn't get in check over the next couple weeks, I'm not going to have any choice but to have a checkup done. Sad thing is, with no health insurance, the quickest and easiest way to do it is going to be an ER visit. But, we will see.

    I have been doing Adex 0.5mg ed currently. Doing that for a few more days, then going down to 2x week for 2-3weeks (while my test levels lower due to a lower TRT dosage).

    I am cutting back my salt, but with my current circumstances, I do tend to get in high salt foods here and there. But, I have definitely improved it some. Also drinking a lot more water for the last couple days. So far, it hasn't seemed to make a difference, but maybe it's just going to take a little more time?

  13. #13
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am dropping the test down to around 120-140/wk. That shouldn't negatively impact my sex drive, right?

    I am taking some Adex for a bit too, while I wait for the test levels to decrease. Trying to get this in check asap, as it feels weird in my feet and ankle area. The skin feels tight, and like I said, it's a lot harder to get through my cardio because of it.

    I would be surprised if it's heart-related, but if it doesn't get in check over the next couple weeks, I'm not going to have any choice but to have a checkup done. Sad thing is, with no health insurance, the quickest and easiest way to do it is going to be an ER visit. But, we will see.

    I have been doing Adex 0.5mg ed currently. Doing that for a few more days, then going down to 2x week for 2-3weeks (while my test levels lower due to a lower TRT dosage).

    I am cutting back my salt, but with my current circumstances, I do tend to get in high salt foods here and there. But, I have definitely improved it some. Also drinking a lot more water for the last couple days. So far, it hasn't seemed to make a difference, but maybe it's just going to take a little more time?
    I would be careful on that much adex. You may go the other way and kill your estrogen which is just as bad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almostgone and DinAZ like this.

  14. #14
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Plus if you are taking Adex, it can significantly negatively impact your lipids, which would not be a good thing right now. I would just go to 100-125, and take a couple baby aspirins a day. I wouldn’t worry much about sex drive right now, but for me, my sex drive decreased a bit when lowering the dose from 175 to 125, but came back after a couple of weeks once my body adjusted.

  15. #15
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,414
    Highly likely that's waaay too much a'dex. Drop the dosage as suggested and try to get some labs.

    Drop the dose down to ~ 60mg of cyp twice per week. Give things a good 3-4 weeks to settle... possibly 6 weeks. You should see the fluid dissipating pretty quickly.
    ascendant likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  16. #16
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Highly likely that's waaay too much a'dex. Drop the dosage as suggested and try to get some labs.

    Drop the dose down to ~ 60mg of cyp twice per week. Give things a good 3-4 weeks to settle... possibly 6 weeks. You should see the fluid dissipating pretty quickly.
    Thanks for all the info guys. Dose is already dropped.

    As far as what you said about the fluid dissipating pretty quickly, are you talking about over those 3-6 weeks? I haven't noticed any change yet, but it's only been about a week. The only things that I think could've made a difference yet would be more water and less sodium (although still taking in modest amounts of sodium). I know the cyp will take a while to go down. It isn't getting worse, but it isn't getting better either. Not yet at least. Going to try that aspirin suggestion too.

  17. #17
    DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Nogales,AZ
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. Dose is already dropped.

    As far as what you said about the fluid dissipating pretty quickly, are you talking about over those 3-6 weeks? I haven't noticed any change yet, but it's only been about a week. The only things that I think could've made a difference yet would be more water and less sodium (although still taking in modest amounts of sodium). I know the cyp will take a while to go down. It isn't getting worse, but it isn't getting better either. Not yet at least. Going to try that aspirin suggestion too.
    Elevating your feet during sleep may provide some mild relief as well. I hope it gets better for ya soon.
    ascendant likes this.

  18. #18
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,414
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. Dose is already dropped.

    As far as what you said about the fluid dissipating pretty quickly, are you talking about over those 3-6 weeks? I haven't noticed any change yet, but it's only been about a week. The only things that I think could've made a difference yet would be more water and less sodium (although still taking in modest amounts of sodium). I know the cyp will take a while to go down. It isn't getting worse, but it isn't getting better either. Not yet at least. Going to try that aspirin suggestion too.
    If the retention is E2 related, the fluid should abate as E2 drops. It's not going to be an overnight thing, but for me, usually within a week I can tell a difference.
    ascendant likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  19. #19
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,898
    Ok, well it's finally getting better. Like you guys said, it didn't happen overnight, but over the last few days, definitely noticed a difference. Still a little swelling, but nothing compared to what it used to be.

    I'm going to keep the test lower and see how things go from here, but seems like I am in the clear now. Thanks again for all your help. It's greatly appreciated.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •