Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Steroids and muscle memory

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member

Steroids and muscle memory

I lost basically most of the mass I gained during the first cycle because of not working out enough at some point (weeks) and also a whole month of not eating properly right after cutting (which I did on test). Does that mean I will gain everything back because of the muscle memory thing now that I am going to do my second cycle ever on top of obtaining great gains from that cycle? If it helps the cycle I did was started in January this year and lasted less than 3 months. I only used test c (500mg a week). I gained 25 pounds but was able to keep 12. It wasn't a perfect cycle but it wasn't too bad neither.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    I lost basically most of the mass I gained during the first cycle because of not working out enough at some point (weeks) and also a whole month of not eating properly right after cutting (which I did on test). Does that mean I will gain everything back because of the muscle memory thing now that I am going to do my second cycle ever on top of obtaining great gains from that cycle? If it helps the cycle I did was started in January this year and lasted less than 3 months. I only used test c (500mg a week). I gained 25 pounds but was able to keep 12. It wasn't a perfect cycle but it wasn't too bad neither.
    IMO muscle memory happens after you have reached homeostasis. Doing a cycle and not reaching homeostasis will not show muscle
    Memory because it never stabilized. This is why I never advocate bulking and immediately cutting.
    It is also not uncommon to lose weight after a cycle. I usually level off 5-10 lbs after stopping a bulk cycle.
    Gaining 25 lbs off of 500 test probably means that you consumed too many calories or you started low bF. Can you do that- yes,but you will not maintain it at bf level prior to the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheDreamer likes this.

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    IMO muscle memory happens after you have reached homeostasis. Doing a cycle and not reaching homeostasis will not show muscle
    Memory because it never stabilized. This is why I never advocate bulking and immediately cutting.
    It is also not uncommon to lose weight after a cycle. I usually level off 5-10 lbs after stopping a bulk cycle.
    Gaining 25 lbs off of 500 test probably means that you consumed too many calories or you started low bF. Can you do that- yes,but you will not maintain it at bf level prior to the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for responding. It was very helpful.

Thread Information