• 1 Post By FryingPanMan244
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By redz

Thread: Trouble focusing at the gym???

99JT is offline Member

Trouble focusing at the gym???

I've always had a tough time with mind muscle connection ever since I started working. Now it seems like I'll have good and bad days more bad than good I literally feel like I'm just going through the motions. Any suggestions on something to help would be appreciated.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 99JT View Post
    I've always had a tough time with mind muscle connection ever since I started working. Now it seems like I'll have good and bad days more bad than good I literally feel like I'm just going through the motions. Any suggestions on something to help would be appreciated.
    For me if I’m not careful my mind will wonder in the gym a bit so I try to do things like focus only on my workout, not scrolling through my phone, not the hot chick on the leg machine or that another guy could possibly have bigger arms than me, I look straight ahead but don’t look at anything and do slow controlled reps and concentrate on squeezing the muscle and after 30 years I’m still improving on how to work the muscle I’m actually working on
    Test Monsterone and s1nc1ty like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Testie View Post
    For me if I’m not careful my mind will wonder in the gym a bit so I try to do things like focus only on my workout, not scrolling through my phone, not the hot chick on the leg machine or that another guy could possibly have bigger arms than me, I look straight ahead but don’t look at anything and do slow controlled reps and concentrate on squeezing the muscle and after 30 years I’m still improving on how to work the muscle I’m actually working on
    When I was going to commercial gyms, I would take my glasses off for this reason. I can't see jack beyond say 6 feet or thereabouts, so it was perfect for being able to focus on the workout.
    Testie and Test Monsterone like this.

FryingPanMan244 is offline Junior Member
    As others have said... stay off your phone for number 1... and ignore everyone else in the gym for number 2

i find preworkout suppliments with DMAA and DMHA in them help me focus on the pump alot
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    My 2 cents is music. I got an Apple Watch just so I could leave my phone in the car. I would load up the watch with whatever songs got me motivated and used it with Bluetooth ear phones. I noticed that just having ear phones in my ears without music often keeps me more focused
    Cylon357 and Testie like this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Intense music that puts you in the zone is key. When I’m doing some really heavy lifts I like to put wrestler theme songs on to get amped up first lol.
    Test Monsterone and Cylon357 like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Intense music that puts you in the zone is key. When I’m doing some really heavy lifts I like to put wrestler theme songs on to get amped up first lol.
    Motorhead's Triple H themes make it into my play lists, especially when I'm hitting the tire with a sledgehammer lol

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing hits like LODs entrance music.
    Cylon357 likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pilates? That’s for chicks I’ll stick with plates.
    Cylon357 likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Dont listen to music with earphones. It kills focus imo. And never just go through the motions, better not to train at all or change routine if you cant handle it through without loosing focus. Mind muscle connection is very important imo. Pick exercises that you can get the best form and mind muscle connection with. THose will give you the best training effect. You should feel the muscle contract with every rep

good mind muscle connection = full activation of targeted muscle

Thread Information