_/maximus\_ is offline New Member

How do you focus?

Hi all,

I couldn't be able to concentrate to my workout for nearly two weeks. I can't focus when I work. It's affected my weights. I can't lift my normal weights. How do you guys focus on your workout?

Thanks

popa is offline Senior Member
    its all in your mind bro, if you think your weak that day, then your going to be weak that day...you must go into what they call the zone, right before you lift block everything out and think strong, or try reading a iron mag or watch the pumping iron video before you go......Or E.C.A. stack always gives you a great energy boost

popa is offline Senior Member
    also check your diet, it can make a big difference

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Some good hard music in the headphones keeps me tuned to myself, and helps to keep everything else tuned out.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Ephedrine+hard tunes!!!=Good pump

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Remember WHY you are in the gym! What are YOUR GOALS with YOUR traning? Now FOCUS and lift until you drop! Thats what you gotto do! Know why you are there, dont be there cause you hafto! Have goals and achive them!

99si is offline Junior Member
    Before your workout, plan it out. picture what you have to do and what you want to accomplish. then see how worthless your physique is and get mad

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I totally agree with palme.....Seriously, visualize yourself performing the lifts at the gym, i usually play out my whole workout in my head before it actually happens and it ends up usually being a great workout. Try to set short and long term goals for yourself...it will give you something to train for, you wont just be going through to motions if your striving to accomplish something. If your training doesnt have any real meaning to you, i believe that you've lost half of the battle right there......good luck bro!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    maximus- you have to clear all the crap from the day out of your mind. With me as soon as I walk through the doors all the prolems from the day doesn't matter. It's just me and the weights. To really help me focus I like to take a quick 20-30 minute nap efore my workouts, I've done this since college ball days and it works for me. You have to just find your own groove and go with it. Yes some good music usually works also mentally seeing your workout ahead of time works to. Best of luck to ya.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    This maybe the case, maybe not, but here's my personal experience.

I noticed when i first started working out, those periods of bad focus happened alot more. I was training way too much, didn't know what i was doing, and basically i was wasting alot of time in the gym and not seeing any results, and this is when i would stop.

Now, a few years later, i know so much more about lifting, nutrition, etc. and its much easier to get to the gym when everyday you see yourself making progress and you keep reaching goals and making new ones. I also competed and went to a few BB contests this year, and that really, really motivated me to work my ass off. IDK, i guess its kinda of a competitive spirit.

I think the other thing for me is that when i started college i couldn't commit myself to any sport because of some crazy ass studying and schedule, so i just got to the gym whenever i could and designed a routine that would work with minimal time. And it just felt good to have a break from studying and the less i worked out because of studying, the more i appreciated it when i could make it to the gym. It would just feel so good to be in the gym and do something for me, something that i wanted to do and could see results. That and it just feels so gooood to be in the gym when those damn problems can get so frustrating.

Of course it also feels nice to see the other positive effects of lifting, but i know most ppl here would lift anyways even if the girls didn't like it. But if you're doing it just for the girls, you won't last.

Sorry for rambling, but i guess my point is that if you're not making progress, maybe take a week off and start some new completely different program, change of pace can be very good.

My other point would be to re-examine your goals and figure out why you're doing what you're doing, then set new ones. Whether it might be a 300lb bench, 18" arms, or to be the best player on the rugby team.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I have no idea how big you are, but I'm a runt, and I use to go in and lift half assed, because I would be intimidated by all the huge mofo's in there, but now I go in and everytime I do my workouts instead of comparing myself to others, I just imagine my muscles growing right there, right now, like the hulk, and a pair of headphones does wonders also.

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    You might be overtraining. Loosing motivation to lift can be a sign of overtraining. I'm not sure if this is your problem but it might be something to take into consideration. Also learning to focus is a very important part of any sort of weight training. It is something you have to learn, its not something you should take for granted.

_/maximus\_ is offline New Member
    Thanks all bros. I really don't know the problem. Everythings was OK. I now taking a vacation and not working for a week maybe two. I try to free my mind and focusing again.

Thread Information