Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brett N

Thread: Effective methods of achieving sub 20% BMI

Octaneinjected is offline New Member

Effective methods of achieving sub 20% BMI

At my peak and most committed and disciplined BMI was never an issue. Over time going to the gym natty the issue takes care of itself. I'll throw cardio in adequately. Found memories of spending over forty minutes on the elliptical blasting my heart rate through the god damn roof.

But as a mesomorph and/or endomorph; I say this because when I'm going to the gym round the clock, straight on time everyday, my metabolism skyrockets. However like Seth Feroce, if I'm not training I can look at a donut and gain weight. I find myself... Well not sub 20% body fat.

Just curious to hear what others here do to keep cardio in their routine as I've never actually had to tackle cardio on head on to get to sub 20% body fat.

My gut is telling me to take the hit and do 45 minutes to one hour fasted cardio first thing. With nothing but black coffee and isolate protein... Maybe two or three spoonfuls of sugar... But many, or the more popular way to train cardio it seems right now is to just do 15-20 minutes after your workouts. Preferably H.I.I.T if you are conditioned to do so. To me that seems like a perfect routine IF you are already sub 20%. But if you're over 20% go for fasted cardio as often as possible to just take the expedited path there.

Would love to hear what people have to say or their input.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneinjected View Post
    At my peak and most committed and disciplined BMI was never an issue. Over time going to the gym natty the issue takes care of itself. I'll throw cardio in adequately. Found memories of spending over forty minutes on the elliptical blasting my heart rate through the god damn roof.

But as a mesomorph and/or endomorph; I say this because when I'm going to the gym round the clock, straight on time everyday, my metabolism skyrockets. However like Seth Feroce, if I'm not training I can look at a donut and gain weight. I find myself... Well not sub 20% body fat.

Just curious to hear what others here do to keep cardio in their routine as I've never actually had to tackle cardio on head on to get to sub 20% body fat.

My gut is telling me to take the hit and do 45 minutes to one hour fasted cardio first thing. With nothing but black coffee and isolate protein... Maybe two or three spoonfuls of sugar... But many, or the more popular way to train cardio it seems right now is to just do 15-20 minutes after your workouts. Preferably H.I.I.T if you are conditioned to do so. To me that seems like a perfect routine IF you are already sub 20%. But if you're over 20% go for fasted cardio as often as possible to just take the expedited path there.

Would love to hear what people have to say or their input.
    What is your question? I'm assuming you are asking about getting to less than 20 percent body fat, not BMI.

I like both fasted cardio and post workout cardio, depending on the weight workout of the day.

Diet is key though, especially as we get older.

What does your routine, diet and drug protocol look like?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    If you’re bodybuilding and in your off season you typically want to do about 30 minutes a day of fasted cardio. Fast paced steady walking on a small incline nothing more. Should be fairly easy to achieve 20% bf I would shoot for 15% much better overall

Octaneinjected is offline New Member
    I'll be honest it depends what gym I end up going too. I've still yet to join a gym with all the good stuff. So I'm limited to what's available/rush hour/populations in the gym.

What I can tell you is that I do write everything down in a notebook whenever I go to a new gym. I'm trained enough to know what to look for and how to engage the muscle that needs to be exercised, there is no doubt about that.

I'm heading back to the gym with the dreaded 15-12-10 rep range sets, sometimes superset. Slow burn to at least the count of three to five seconds while emphasizing on the negatives. I'm sticking to high rep in order to build from the inside out. But would love to drop my rep range to 10-8-8 or 12-10-8. 8-6-4/failure takes a toll on the joints if they aren't ready yet I feel like anyway.

My phone battery is low but I wouldn't mind sitting down and walking you guys through my typical workouts which all involve normal universal equipment due to not either finding or investing in a gym (like gold's gym) that has everything you need. For example trap bars. I will never, at least not for a long time deadlift with an Olympic standard barbell, trap bar just feels more natural and for me I feel it more. Squats I admit I neglect. Big super no no. For that is probably do 30 set reps with no weight until I create nerve passage ways AKA muscle memory for solid form.

Full natural at this point. But when I make the decision to jump back. It won't be my mother, my friend, or that douchebag hacking my phone trying to stop my life from evolving. It's going to be my god damn choice. Not that losers choice who is going out of his way to piss me off and steal the women I attract because without me he couldn't attract shit. Truth.

I'll post tomorrow

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Like said before, as you age the diet becomes much more important than the workout itself. You can't outwork a bad diet.

Might have to stop looking at those damn donuts. lol
    Cylon357 and Positiveweight like this.

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneinjected View Post
    But as a mesomorph and/or endomorph

Full natural at this point.
    So you started as not a meso/endo and still natural became one? what really changed?

Thread Information