Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

One-armed chin-up

Can anybody here on the forum do a one-armed chin up?

When I do chin-up's with both arms, I can do three reps with a weightbelt of 25kg. I would need to get that 25 kg way up to 64 kg before I could do a one-arm chin up.

wellshii is offline Member
    Not yet no

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    As far as i know it scales differently if i remembr correctly. One arm chin up is easier then 2h chinup with weight belt equal to your bodyweight. Having sayd that it doesnr mean that you can do 1h chin up if you can do a 2h chinup with bodyweight hanging on a belt, you have to train for it specificly.

And you have to be light. Its significantly easier to do if you weigh less. 60-75 kg bodyweight is ideal imo and makes it alot easier

I recomend book ross enamait never gymless. There is guide how to achieve it and ross sells the book on his page for 1$. Ross is katie taylors coach and a legend he knows his shit good every page in his books is worth its weight in gold imho

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    no, i cant do a one handed chin up. i weigh too much and i also dont train for numbers anyway. im getting older now and in an effort to not re-injure existing injuries i have i have started using lighter weight, focusing on time under tension / hypertrophy mentality.

Thread Information