• 1 Post By Mooseman33
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Davi Meireles
  • 1 Post By Davi Meireles

Thread: Lift heavy loads 80% -85% 1RM Fail 6-8 Reps

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member

Lift heavy loads 80% -85% 1RM Fail 6-8 Reps

Those in love with those infinite rep metabolic workouts might not like what I'm going to say. But working out in the gym with 6-8 Reps of 80-85% 1RM with longer rests between sets is better for building muscle size.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    There are many effective ways to train. Wich is best, who knows. Who cares. Just do what works for you and what you enjoy . If your making gains its good.
    Davi Meireles likes this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    weren't u banned Davi

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    weren't u banned Davi
    He was and is being monitored very closely.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Moving this to the proper area.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    You can rest assured my friend, I will not stress with anyone, you can be sure of that. Peace for all !

weren't u banned Davi
    Hello peace to you I got banned and admin already forgave my stay. The administrator blocked my IP and prohibited me from creating new bro accounts, after having already sent a message he sent me an email to get back to the forum
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 09-04-2023 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I'm a grown man with a beard on my face, I'm far from messed up and mature enough to avoid online clashes

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    There are many effective ways to train. Wich is best, who knows. Who cares. Just do what works for you and what you enjoy . If your making gains its good.
    Have you heard of Scott Stevenson's Fortitude Training?It's an approach that seems to blend full-body, strength, and high-rep

This is how fortitude works
    bluntly !

Fortitude is a crazy mix of Full-Body, strength and metabolic training.
    You train 4x a week

You do two days of carrying heavy loads

Example
    Load upper body

6-12 reps
    1min30s rest

And do pump reps "pump sets for light weight legs"

25-30 reps
    1 min rest.

The other day of loading

You do the opposite you load up your legs and do pump pump sets for your upper body.
    25-30 reps

And there are two days of Muscle Rounds that are nothing more than Clusters-Sets reps divided into sets

When you do cluster sets for the upper body

6x 4/4/4/4/4/4
    with just a Rest-Pause 10s
    You put on bomb pump sets exercises for the lower body

The other day of Muscle Round is opposite

muscle rounds for legs

You do leg clusters

6x4/4/4/4/4/4

10 s rest -pause

And put pump pump sets exercises for the upper body

Observation is a training approach worth trying!
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 09-04-2023 at 10:18 AM.
    s1nc1ty likes this.

weren't u banned Davi
    I apologize to you in front of everyone on this forum if a while ago I was stupid with you. I've always liked this forum and met good guys around here! I can look sissy when I ask you sorry, but life is too short to fight with other people. I wish you and everyone on this forum the best.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    After you've been lifting 20-30 years, you realize that there are multiple ways to achieve the same or similar results. I thought I had the "formula" down many times over the years, but it just comes down to resistance. Anything you have to push or pull against that requires effort will result in hypertrophy, given adequate nutrition and rest... and gear (if you're at the genetic limit).

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    Those in love with those infinite rep metabolic workouts might not like what I'm going to say. But working out in the gym with 6-8 Reps of 80-85% 1RM with longer rests between sets is better for building muscle size.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah dont make me laugh bro hahahaha. No. Pump training, mid volume training is going to build the most muscle. Im talking two MAYBE three movements per muscle group per session. Train everything twice a week. Train 6 days, 8-12 reps with 2-3 reps in reserve. This builds muscle, its science. What you are saying builds strength and also injures you. so total weekly set per muscle group will be 4-6 depending on your effort. Focus on the negative that actually builds more muscle then the positive part of the movement. Trust me this is how its done.

for example: all these will be 3-4 sets
    Monday is chest/bis
    incline dumbbell press, 8-12 reps 2-3 RIR moderate weight with focus on the negative part of the rep explode on the positive.
    cable pec flys, 8-12 reps with 2-3 RIR same as movement one.
    decline hammer strength press, 8-12 reps 2-3 RIR same as first two movements negative is really important to control that.
    Bis
    dumbell curls 8-12, you can go higher to 15 if you want. 2-3 RIR focus on negative
    single arm preacher with a dumbbell or machine, 8-12 2-3 RIR focus on negative explode on positive.
    you could do another movement for bis but they should be toast at this point same with pecs if you're training properly, perfect form and focusing on the negative and exploding on the positive with max stretch and max contraction you will be fucking toast after this. Also the negative part of the movement and max stretch is more important than the squeeze. but remember you have to Train everything twice a week. So you can do it how ever you want you can do upper chest first workout and mid/lower part the second session that week. This is how its done.
    Last edited by tbjake34; 09-16-2023 at 10:53 PM.

Thread Information