Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

How often to train for strength?

How often do you guys train for strength. I usually do it 1 week out of every 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not on juice but I still plan to do this. How often do you guys train for strength (as in low rep heavy max weight)? Thanks.

solidj55 is offline Member
    I used to train like this the majority of the time, I would either take a week to 10 days off every 12-16 weeks as not to overtrain, or I would just simple switch exercises. The only time I would go light would be when my joints would start hurting, but first I would take a week off and only do one week of light high rep training.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I was gonna focus more on PLing this year and try to build the thick, dense muscle and use a scheme like.

8 weeks PLing
    3 weeks Hypertrophy
    1 week rest
    repeat

However, I'm really starting to enjoy the program that i'm on with great success and i really want that 315 Bench so i'll probably just go straight PLing till i get to my goal.

Next year I was planning on concentrating more on size and detail, but i still will have PLing in there but just not as much as it is this year.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    i really want that 315 Bench so i'll probably just go straight PLing till i get to my goal
    What are you benching now??? You will hit a 315 bench before you know it. I went from 275 to a 315 bench in a matter of 8 weeks but probably could have gotten it in 6 just didnt try it. That was using the routine I outlined above, also using that routine I went from 315 to 330
    in about a month. Its a solid program. I looked at your layout for you routine and it looks really good as well. If I had more time to devote to working out like I used to when I powerlifted I would give a routine like yours a try.

yankees42885 is offline New Member
    what exactly does Pling mean? and wut is the program cuz i am trying to boost my bench too

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Thanx for the compliments solidj. Right now my bench is about 275, but school will be starting up soon and thats when the havoc comes in and i start missing a workout here and there and it really starts to hinder my progress, but I'm still gonna get there, sooner or later (probably the latter).

Yankee

PLing=powerlifting
    The program i'm using for my PLing is based off of WSB (West Side Barbell).

Thread Information