lilbull is offline Associate Member

Bull's DFHT Journal

I wasn't sure where to start this thread, so if anyone knows a better place to put it please do so.

This week I've started The Dual Factor Hypertrophy Training workout that BG posted in his thread. I have followed the plan to a T so far this first week, and today is a rest day. I NEEDED IT. The workouts leave me very exhausted when I leave the gym. Sleep is great, I've slept awesome for the past 2 nights . I just got done with a Westside Barbell Training routine, and I feel like I've switched gears into hyperdrive . I don't know if I'll be able to keep this workout up for 6 weeks "on" 2 weeks "off" (my original plan). When I leave the Gym, my mind feels like I'm in a state of sleep deprivity. It goes back to normal after about an hour though, after I eat and rest. I've also noticed an increase in hunger. I'm not sure what's causing this , but I'm loving it. Tomm is Upperbody again. I'll keep you all posted. I'm gonna start keeping a log with how much weight I used during sets and whatnot. I'll start posting that, too. Wish me luck guys.

Bull

Sweet man. Post pics if you can get them up.

Best of luck! Thanks for taking the initiative of doing this, it's gonna help us all understand DFHT training a little more. Peace

HP

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds great..i'm looking forward to this one. By the way, my guess would be the hunger is your body's way of telling you it's been clued in to the increased energy output and needs the fuel to keep it up, simply speaking. I suspect protein AND carbs must be pretty high to keep this up for the six weeks...good luck with maintaining the drive you'll need to power through this.

HP- thanks for the support, I'm not gonna post pics right now because I haven't made much progress size wise since the last ones I posted.

BG- Thanks for the support and the idea for the workout. I assumed the hunger was probably from that too, just wanted a second opinion.

Everyone- I'm feeling good today, really sore, but really good. I'm gonna do upper body again today and I can tell it's gonna kill me. I have no fear of death though, only fear of not growing, and I don't think I have anything to be afraid of with this routine. I'll update again after the workout. Peace.

Bull

I'm pretty sure animal stresses in his outlay that lifting through that soreness (unless it's extreme) is essential to creating a sufficient overload in "only" six weeks. If you think about, the human body is sooo adaptive (gymnasts legitimately train eight hours a day in some instances, hardcore physical laborers do it day in and day out and both are still able to develop muscle tone...they don't whither away) that to create an overload in only six weeks, your options are extremely limited. You can live in the gym (which isn't feasible for most) or you can manipulate and tweak recovery (among others)...so keep at it. To give you some final encouragement, the few times i powered myself deep into the edge of overtraining (I think i've mentioned that it one point in experimenting with that I was up to double sessions 12 sets per bodypart 3x/week!) so long as I kept it under control and strictly followed the my "rough" equivalent of animal's deloading phase, I saw great growth during my 3-4 week deload. That's your light at the end of the tunnel...i suspect it's difficult to actually grow while overloading (as most energy is being used simply to keep up...so don't freak if you aren't growing at first) but think of it perhaps as taking one step backward in order to get the necessary momentum to clear a big jump.

What happened? Did it kill you?

Sorry for slacking on the journal, I've been really tired with the routine wearing me out and school starting this week. I'm getting used to all my classes and working my diet around them. I'm eating a lot more still, and my current weight is 163lbs. I'm getting back on creatine soon, too. I need as much energy as possible. The workouts are still killer, but my body is adjusting I believe. I've been keeping a weightroom log, but I don't have the time to post all of that. Hopefully, by sometime this weekend, I can have this journal caught up. Just don't give up on me yet guys.

Bull

Thread Information