Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

Leg Shocking Workout

OK heres a Leg shocker for you guys to try out.

Warm-up Leg Extensions
    2 sets 15-20 reps.... nice and slow,feel them out.

Hip Sled and Hack Squat supersets 4 sets
    1st. 15 reps sled then 12 reps Hack
    2nd. 12 reps sled 12 reps hack
    3rd. 10 reps sled 10 reps hack
    4th. 8 reps sled 8 reps hack
    Pyramid your weight up each set

Lunges
    4 sets 12 reps Pyramid weight up

Heavy Leg Extensions
    4 sets 10 reps

Laying Hamstring Curls superset with Seated Ham Curls
    4 sets 12 reps

Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
    4 sets 12,10,10,8 reps Pyramid weight up

Inductors and Abductors Machine superset
    4 sets 12 reps

Try this excercise for 1 week and Post how you feel and Ill write down the next weeks routine for you

talon is offline Senior Member
    Sweet BIG, thanks, I already copied it and pasted it. Ill give it a try on Fri. when I bust up the legs.....

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a firm believe that simpler is better. Here's another one, I do this about once every two weeks and trust me this somma bitch is HARD. It takes about a full hour and half to do however, but it totally totally totally hammers your body into some serious growth and hidden power. Not to mention about a week of limping like a penguin.

BARBELL FULL SQUATS (ass to the floor)
    20 sets of 20 reps

You take a weight you can handle for 20 reps, I usually only start off with 185lbs, and then after my first set, I drop it down to 155lbs and then at about set number 5 I take it down to 135lbs and by the end, I'm squatting JUST the bar (big 45lbs, haha) and I'm struggling.

I guarantee if you don't pass out (which I did on two seperate occasions at about set number 12), you'll have the best nights sleep of your life.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Ronny are those a take off of the deep breathing squats? I've done those before and they are ball busters. I tryed them a time or two. I'll take a weight that I can get 10 reps out of and do 20 reps with it. The rule is once you start you can't stop no matter what. Two sets of those and it's all over for me, can't do crap after those. I'm going to try both of these routines.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    I would never be able to do 20 sets of 20 reps tommarow. I would defintely have to work up to that amount. I definitely train legs hard and I can only do about 12 sets total for quads and about 7 sets total for hams. Anything more than that and I don't have any focus left. So my advice to anyone new to training, would be be careful if you're going to try Ronnie's routine. It will take a long time to work up to something like that.

And on another note I do not believe in shocking the muscle into growth, but that's just my opinion and what I've found for my body. Although it is easier to perform a workout that is completely different than anything you're used to doing. Not only is the pump better, but the workout is more "fresh", and thus you want to train harder. But only in that respect do I believe that a shock workout has an advantage.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I read about deep breathing squats. In fact I believe it was you, jugger, that posted it.

There's enough leg busters on here to do a different routine once a week for two months.

Doc

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    No doubt Doc. One of them is bound to work for us.

Try my excersise rout. for 2 weeks, once a week. And I'll post a new one in 2 weeks for everyone.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    JUGGERNAUT, yep, those are take offs from Deep Breathing squats and WILLPOWER, you can start doing them tomorrow!

I remember the first time I ever did them was about a year and half back? Before I was every on AS. Myself and a good friend of mine (who I swear will be the next Poliquon, dude is a GENIUS) went into our University gym to pop out a leg day. We usually did 20 sets of 20 calve raises with no weights since we both needed help in the calve department, but this day we decided to apply it to our squats. And that's all we did. Back and forth, back and forth until I almost passed out on set 15. He was a lot stronger than me back then, he completed the last set with just the bar and two 10's on each side (85lbs) and I was struggling with my own bodyweight. I barely completed 20, and he spotted me well on the last few sets. But my legs almost instantly blew the fuuuck up and the next week when my legs were almost back to normal, my power went up considerably. So we went from doing them once every two months, to doing them once a month to doing them every other rweek. It's crazy and boring, but it works well.

Meee is offline Junior Member
    I love hitting legs hard. If you read the post I just put up titled - HELP, I can't feel my legs. It is a little more serious than just sore legs if you chec it out.

But I will try this.

I have done 3 plates for two sets of 16, followed by 4 plates for a set of 16, followed by 5 plates for 8. AFter that, I was done. I only go to parallel.

Next Routine

Ok well its another routine for that leg shocker. These two weeks were gonna prioritze the hamstrings first and then the quads.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Stiff-leg Deadlifts 4 Sets 12 reps Pyramid your weight up

Seated Hamstrings 4 sets 12 reps Pyramid your weight up and last 2 sets are double drop sets.

Laying Hamstrings 4 Sets 10 reps Pyramid your weight up and double drop sets each Set.

Squats 5 Sets 12,10,10,8,6 reps Pyramid your weight up

Hack Squats 4 Sets 12 Reps Pyramid your weight up and double drop on last 2 sets.

Leg Extensions 3 Sets 8 Reps Heavy weight

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey bol, already done legs this week, but next week gonna do the 1st one on wed. and the 2nd one on sat.. somebody will have to drive me home. you got anymore leg workouts?

Ya good luck on doing these both in one week. I wouldnt even attempt that.

man my legs are alittle behind my upper body. didn't train them intensely my 1st year back in the gym. last 4 yrs. have hit them hard. I've even tried legs 2 days in a row, got it out of an article a few months back. I'm gonna try this next week anyway. I'll let you know how I hold out. bb

ok man. I have had no prob's with leg growth and I never do more than once a week. But everyones different.

most of the time i only do legs once a week as well as everything else, but in the past 2-3 months I've tried a few shock workouts to try to bring my legs up. here's an ex. of this wks. leg day-

efx544 crosstrainer - 6 mins.

leg ext. - 1 wu, 3 wrk sets
    superset w/
    seated leg curls - 1 wu, 3 wrk sets

45 degree leg press - 1 wu, 3 wrk sets
    (as do calves on this at the end of each set)
    superset w/
    Lying leg curls - 1 wu, 3 wrk sets

squats - 1 wu, 4 wrk sets

finished w/ leg adductors/stiff-leg deadlifts/seated calf raises (2 sets for 18-20 reps each/low weight.

calves were light, hit them mon. also

if you see anything I need to do different please let me know

bb

Big, thanks as always big dog. Ill be killing this new one on Sun. after a day of drinking for the Gator game...LOL, oh hell wish me luck...Thanks again bro.....

No Problem man. Just hit that hard and hurt it bad on leg day. Do this one for 2 weeks in a row and ill post an update to blast away for next leg day. (Hint:.... also a disclaimer hehe it inloves single legs)

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    No Problem man. Just hit that hard and hurt it bad on leg day. Do this one for 2 weeks in a row and ill post an update to blast away for next leg day. (Hint:.... also a disclaimer hehe it inloves single legs)
    Def. man. Dont even try the isometric leg extensions...ouch ouch ouch...LOL...I can see it know big bro your going to have me doing one legged squats, deadlifts from invert boots, 8000 pound lunges etc....LOL

What you cant lunge 8k? you pansy!!!! hehe

Inverted hanging leg curls holding on to a 225 bar hmmmmm I better chalk that one down in the old handy dandy notebook.

Inverted hanging leg curls holding on to a 225 bar hmmmmm I better chalk that one down in the old handy dandy notebook.
    Oh lord, I corrupted the already insane legaholic......

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Oh lord, I corrupted the already insane legaholic......
    Legaholic thats good.

Seriously I try finding people to workout legs with me but I guess everyone thinks im insane.

HEHE day one.... "Hi Im big ol' and im a legaholic" .....*utter silence and then the sound of crickets* "What Im the only one here? where the hell is the teacher?".... searchs the room... finds the teacher passed out from the shock of seeing my thighs!!!

OK heres a Leg shocker for you guys to try out.

Warm-up Leg Extensions
    2 sets 15-20 reps.... nice and slow,feel them out.

Hip Sled and Hack Squat supersets 4 sets
    1st. 15 reps sled then 12 reps Hack
    2nd. 12 reps sled 12 reps hack
    3rd. 10 reps sled 10 reps hack
    4th. 8 reps sled 8 reps hack
    Pyramid your weight up each set

Lunges
    4 sets 12 reps Pyramid weight up

Heavy Leg Extensions
    4 sets 10 reps

Laying Hamstring Curls superset with Seated Ham Curls
    4 sets 12 reps

Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
    4 sets 12,10,10,8 reps Pyramid weight up

Inductors and Abductors Machine superset
    4 sets 12 reps

Try this excercise for 1 week and Post how you feel and Ill write down the next weeks routine for you
    hey bol, just crawd in the door from this alsome leg workout...man that shit was hardcore but i finished it. my legs look and feel 2" bigger now. they are just swoll no shape at all...gotta stretch or i'm gonna be sore as hell...man the way my legs feel u can call me big swoll(hahaha)...be back in a few gotta go eat some breast and cottagecheese...love the workout bb71

Good job man... now just let those bad boys rest and recover for a week. An repeat the workout. Then Ill post another for everyone to try for the next 2 weeks.... Gotta love the legs *)

Good job man... now just let those bad boys rest and recover for a week. An repeat the workout. Then Ill post another for everyone to try for the next 2 weeks.... Gotta love the legs *)
    yeah i was thinking about going the other workout u wrote sat., but i think it might take a wk for my legs to recover...thanks again for the workout and look forward to the next.

no problem man.. glad to help out.

no problem man.. glad to help out.
    hey bro forgot to mention only had to use the bucket once...look like chum...wanna go fishing. haha

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member

Screw it...

I'll take the bait. I'll try 'em BOTH!

I'll do Legs' workout this week, and if I survive, Ronny's the next week.

I'll let Y'All know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead007
    I'll take the bait. I'll try 'em BOTH!

I'll do Legs' workout this week, and if I survive, Ronny's the next week.

I'll let Y'All know.
    I don't know bro, I thought I could handle both workouts in one wk., but my legs are friggin sore. Lots of luck.

good call BB71.. " if ya can do em both in one week... you aint working em hard enough... here let me put the weights on "

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    As soon as i'm able, i promise it'll be my first workout.

Chris I highly advize you against doing this routine.... your muscles right now arnt ready to take the stress and most shocker workout are for the intermediate to advance lifters... gotta get some time under the belt. You should ease back into Legs and take it slow. PM me and ill start you on a lighter reg. and get you pushin some weight up k

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    I don't know bro, I thought I could handle both workouts in one wk., but my legs are friggin sore. Lots of luck.
    You are right. Because of my work schedule (can't see a gym for three days in a row) I only do legs once a week. Actually, I just do everything once (hardcore) a week. That seems to fit my recovery time best.

Ill have a good seven days recovery between the two. As long as I live through the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead007
    You are right. Because of my work schedule (can't see a gym for three days in a row) I only do legs once a week. Actually, I just do everything once (hardcore) a week. That seems to fit my recovery time best.

Ill have a good seven days recovery between the two. As long as I live through the first one.
    Sounds good bro...I tell u if you do that workout hardcore and intense it's all u can do to hold your own body up...big says he got more leg workouts he will post later, I'm gonna keep doing them until he breaks me...HAHA I've already crawd in the door I might have start rolling on the floor from set to set.

I better start seeing you wusses passin out
    Hey man Im glad you guys are bustin your balls.... makes me wanna keep postin those insane workouts.

big u got any good calf routines u can share...need a little more growth ther to.

Sure born....
    Seated calf-raise.. 4 sets.. triple drop on each set
    Standing calf-raise on the smith.. 4 sets.. pyramid up
    Single calf-raise with a DB.. 4 sets.. pyramid up
    Heel raises on the edge of platform... 4 sets.. bodyweight 20 reps.

Sure born....
    Seated calf-raise.. 4 sets.. triple drop on each set
    Standing calf-raise on the smith.. 4 sets.. pyramid up
    Single calf-raise with a DB.. 4 sets.. pyramid up
    Heel raises on the edge of platform... 4 sets.. bodyweight 20 reps.
    copy that bro, thanks again for the help...your gonna make me a monster.

I better start seeing you wusses passin out
    Hollymotherf*&^$shi!!!!!

Ok... Did Ronny's today at the gym. I did not pass out, but came close once. It was cool. Everything greyed out into a small circle of light at the end of a tunnel. I sat down at once in case I lost it, I would not have a big fall.

I only made it to the 9th set. The muscles in my lower back did not have the endurance and pretty much gave out. I found out that you can't squat when you can't stand up. At least I discovered a weak point to fix (lower back). The back muscles just pumped up and felt like they were going to explode.

Since I wussed out on the last three sets, I did extensions, curls and calves to make up.

OK... Legs' mega workout in seven more days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information