diskey is offline Junior Member

workout when using gear

Hi bros

I'm soon starting a cycle of 500mg test a week for 10 weeks and 30mg a day dbol week 1-4. This is my first cycle and I'm wondering if I should use a different split or workout different when I'm on gear.

I've been training for about 3 years now and have been mostly doing 3 and 4 days splits, but only worked a bodypart once a week, 6-10 reps.
    I've also tried full bodyworkouts 3 times for some periods without any particular good results.
    I've also gave the max-ot, 4-6 reps program a shot, but got an injury in my wrists which I'm still having problems with now 1 year later heh

How should I train to get the most of my cycle ?
    Should I train bodyparts twice a week ? and what rep range for best result when on gear?

Some good splits would also be great

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diskey
    Hi bros

I'm soon starting a cycle of 500mg test a week for 10 weeks and 30mg a day dbol week 1-4. This is my first cycle and I'm wondering if I should use a different split or workout different when I'm on gear.

I've been training for about 3 years now and have been mostly doing 3 and 4 days splits, but only worked a bodypart once a week, 6-10 reps.
    I've also tried full bodyworkouts 3 times for some periods without any particular good results.
    I've also gave the max-ot, 4-6 reps program a shot, but got an injury in my wrists which I'm still having problems with now 1 year later heh

How should I train to get the most of my cycle ?
    Should I train bodyparts twice a week ? and what rep range for best result when on gear?

Some good splits would also be great
    One thing about being on gear is (from what I heard), you feel like you can go back to working the muscle much sooner, but it actually takes the same amount of time for your muscles to fully recuperate. I would think that you should be able to recuperate quicker, but that's what I've heard.

I've never been able to get any gains from working out a muscle once a week. My best gains are when I work a muscle two or three times per week.

The low rep thing works okay, but you are more prone to injury, as it seems you found out. Your muscles adapt much quicker than your conective tissue and your joints. I like to make sure I'm comfortable with lifting a weight before I move up, and not just barely able to lift it. I also tend to make sure that I can repeat the same thing during my next workout, just to make sure I'm ready to move up in weight. It sounds like that would take a long time, but I add weight every two weeks. I make sure I can do 10 reps in good form before moving up. Then I move up in 20 lb inctraments. I also tend to do one or two worm up sets before doing two to three working reps.

If you're comfortable with your split, then stick with it. Just remember that you normally have to work out harder than ever in order to get good gains while juicing.

I've never juiced, so I only can tell you what I've heard. I do maintain good natural gains, so I think my opinion is still worth considering.

Good luck.

Thread Information