Thread: Grip / Forearms

KeyMastur is offline VET

Grip / Forearms

Anyone know the name of the forearm grippers that have numbers ? 1-5, 1 being the easiest, 5 the hardest (which only like 5 people in the world can touch them). I have one lying around here somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Would like to order some from the internet. They're silver if that helps.

they kind of look like these but with the silver grip that's solid steel, and a black coil :

Last edited by KeyMastur; 09-30-2003 at 10:36 AM.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    You talking about the "Captains of Crush"? You can order them from IronMind. They range from 1-4 pluse the Trainer, Trainer=100lbs, 1=140lbs, 2=195lbs, 3=280lbs and 4=365lbs. They cost $20 a piece. A bro here at work has the trainer and a number 1 that I play around with from time to time. Damn things will put a hurtin on the forearms for sure. They have a web site www.ironmind.com and they have some really nice equipment. My bud just bought the Rolling Thunder deadlift handle and I'll be trying that out real soon. I want to try the Buffalo Bar, buy me one of those if you order something................I'll pay you back.........a dollar a week..........you'll have you're money back in say........34.324 months! Come on now, be a bro....I looked all this up for you.

Those things are freaking murder on the fingers and palms so get a pair of gloves if you're hands aren't seriously callused. I can crush the number 2 but damn it a struggle............forget about the number three and fours.............you have to have the grip of a gorilla to even budge the damn things. If you can crush a number 3 (under supervision) they'll put your name in the record book. I think Joe Kinney is the only dude to close a #4 back in 1998!

Was these the ones you were talking about?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Was these the ones you were talking about?
    That's them !! You're my savior. Just ordered a 1 and 2. I think I stole a # 2 from my school once, but I have no idea where I placed it. I'll scour the house tomorrow and see if I can come up with it. My hands are always caloused up, but I'll still probably use some gloves with them. Always hurts my pinky. Thanks again for the site link.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Thanks guys I just ordered my catalog... I want to strengthen my foreamres also... thanks juggy

Jackman is offline Banned
    This sounds like an add.....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    This sounds like an add.....
    ad or not, i just ordered a 1 and 2...key, lets race to see who can get to 3 the fastest

Jackman, I don't work for them so I'm not advertising for them I just have the catalog right here at my desk so I thought I'd help my bro out is all. I didn't mean to sound like a salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by daem
    ad or not, i just ordered a 1 and 2...key, lets race to see who can get to 3 the fastest
    Im game

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Im game
    hmm....i didn't see daem mention your name.

j/k my good bro, sure you can join. best of luck to you though, i've got strong hands....

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    hmm....i didn't see daem mention your name.

j/k my good bro, sure you can join. best of luck to you though, i've got strong hands....
    I to have hands of steel... I have been practicing my grip since a young age Just hope my ol' boy can take the punishment if I get up to the #3

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I to have hands of steel... I have been practicing my grip since a young age Just hope my ol' boy can take the punishment if I get up to the #3
    my gi-joe kung fu grip is a veritable force...for some reason i am more excited about these grips than anything at the moment.

"My kung fu is powerful".......from the movie Core.

Daem you ever used these torture devices? I'm playing around with the trainer right now and can almost get 20 reps with each hand. My left isn't as strong as my right.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    here's my # 1 and # 2 grips. not too bad even though i did forearm work yesterday, just curls and reverse curls (forearm, not bicep)

received these in the mail today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grip / Forearms-1.jpg   Grip / Forearms-2.jpg  

BDTR is offline Retired
    I love the COC grippers. I can get the 3's for one rep on my right arm and 0 on my left. Sigh... someday.

Show off. I'd post myself closing the trainer or the number one but the picture of you closing the 2 kind of steals my thunder. Hey wait a minute........you didn't get the ends to touch.....cheater! hahahaha

Tayman is offline Junior Member
    I just ordered the number one.

I have been meaning to buy these things a long time ago....just never got around to doing it.

Increasing my grip should increase my effectiveness on a LOT of lifts.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Just ordered #2 #3........great thread.....Ive always been meaning to get these..............Has anyone ever closed #4........ill be happy with closing #2 for now...........but it yet remains to be seen

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Just ordered #2 #3........great thread.....Ive always been meaning to get these..............Has anyone ever closed #4........ill be happy with closing #2 for now...........but it yet remains to be seen
    only 1 person has closed # 4

My powerlifting bud was telling me the other day that there's another guy that closed them recently. He said to check out the website. I'll have to do that.

Funny thing.............does yours sqweek like a bed spring? Mines sqweeks and I get all kinds of people stopping by to see what I'm doing. One of the guys a couple of rows over yells over "dude who are you doing at your desk?" hahahaha

ya theres 2 people now on the website... there foreamrs are probably 20+ inches.... we all know what you were doing jugg

nope is offline New Member
    hey i was just looking on ebay to see if they have any on there for less than $20 but no luck....im a bargain hunter.

anyway i did find these and maybe some of you who collect stuff like this might like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=28065

item #3630910707 if it dont show up.

this isnt my auction so dont jump me aboutit i just figured i point it out to you guys.

nope is offline New Member
    rofl i found these too....real funny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=28067

Thread Information