askingforit is offline Junior Member

need to get huge

I am trying to gain as much weight as possible. I think my diet is worked out at this point, I was referred here to ask for help with a basic...mass building workout program.

my current workout is:
    mon-biceps, chest
    tue-off
    wed-shoulders
    thu-off
    fri-tris, back
    sat-off
    sun-legs

Well I usually do 3 excersizes for each muscle I workout. 8 reps for 3 sets for each excersize, as much weight as I can handle. Does this current program sound okay?

I just started.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Not bad at all. I have had good results with running chest and triceps on the same day as well as back and biceps on the same day. The logic is, by the time you've finished chest (back) you've already pre-exhausted your triceps (biceps) and can go to complete muscle failure on your triceps (biceps) exercises. Hope that's not too confusing. I would also suggest more exercises for legs...3 for quads, 2 for hamstrings ( 5 total) and 2 exercises fro calves.

Try to stick with basic movements. Use heavy weight but form is more important, stick with a weight that is managable. Incorporate compound, multi-joint movements such as squats, bench presses, bent over rows, dead lifts and shoulder presses. These should be the main exercises for each body part. Also, try to vary your routine (and exercises) every month or so....keep the body guessing, don't let it adapt to the stresses you are forcing on it. Make sure you get adequate rest and nutrition and get ready to grow.

that makes a lot of sense Pete235. Since I just started out I separated those tris/chest and bis/back because when I do that I am so burnt out by one of them, that I can't even complete the other. If that makes any sense at all. I can feel that I'm starting to get stronger though, so I'll probably switch to that in a few weeks. I'll also make sure to do those extra excersizes for my legs too. Every time I've ever started working out I have neglected legs altogether, and I don't want to make that mistake again.
    Another question, do a lot of you workout for a certain period of time and then rest for a week or two? Or do you just workout week in and week out all year?

Thread Information