freakout is offline Associate Member

Sensitive traps and arch back

I have been working out for three years..

When I started I did not notice these problems until recently my good buddy pointed out the problem I faced when I am having my shoulder workout and back workout.

"Hyper active" traps
    ===============

My traps are extremely sensitive due to my constant arching of my back and usage of PC. I tend to slouch forward sometimes.

Whenever I have a deltoids or upper back workout, my traps would be very sensitive and i tend to shrug more often than usual. Thus result in a inefficient workout on my upper and deltoids as I am not able to isolate the muscles.

Any suggestions to curb this problem especially when I am working out and tends to go heavy..

Arched back
    =========

I found out recently that I am not able to perform a good barbell row or deadlift as my back tends to arch and my traps seemed to get more workout than usual.

I have problems maintaining the right posture and I do not want to be seen arching my back while performing "t" bar row as well.

How do I solve this problem that has been bothering me for months?

My forearms are extremely weak. Is that one of the reasons that caused these problems?

Atomic is offline New Member
    Yeah fill up a backpack with bricks and walk around with that on everywhere. Seriously though you shouldn't be asking how to workout better with this problem. You need to fix your posture! Make a conscience effort to not slouch, stand up tall when walking and when at the PC get a new chair, they make posture correcting chairs. Bad posture can be extremely dangerous in the gym! Not to many exercises require you to round your back during thier execution.

Thread Information