Thread: torn pec

juelz is offline New Member

torn pec

just lookin for some input on a torn pec. this was done on the fb field not lifting and is coming along great at about 1 mo. out of surgery and I was for sure doin gear this winter but now I'm unsure since the injury. just curious if the gear will help/hurt the injury more. I was lookin to gear up in mid jan. which would be 3 mo. after surgery. ortho says i will be able to do everything except bench, incline, db flys, etc. at heavy reps but will be able to do light reps until fully recovered.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Holy off until you're 100% recovered. Starting early could cause injury and really not make the most of your cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Holy off until you're 100% recovered. Starting early could cause injury and really not make the most of your cycle.
    yeah youre prolly right. i just wanna get back in the swing though you know. thanks for your .02

BDTR is offline Retired
    Why did i write "holy off" i meant hold off but you get the picture.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Why did i write "holy off" i meant hold off but you get the picture.
    That's what happens when you are a "Vet post whore." You get to come back and rack up another post. (BTW, congrats on the 3K...almost).

Juelz, I tore my pec a couple of years ago. It was not a complete tear, and it did not require surgery. I took a little time off, and went back at it pretty hard. I wiped out that shoulder. Part of the problem was the way I was lifting because of the damaged pec. Be careful...don't push it. It took me a whole year to even get back into the gym. Listen to bdtr...take it easy!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    for surely hold off, i did pushups when i tore mine and now i have flat pec with a lump.

thanks for the all the input. i will prolly hold off on the sauce and let my body naturally recover to its fullest. i finished physical therapy doing light weight benches, cable crosses, and such. so i figure i should be back to norm in a year or so and ready to get after it.

Swellin Guest
    Wise Move!!!!

Thread Information