PhatBoy526 is offline New Member

Tryna lose weight

Hey fellas its me again. I been watching what ive been eating lately. I run full court basketball for an hour a day and i do half hour on a cardio machine for 30 minutes about 4 days a week. I was training with light weight but some people tell me that being my size (5'9 320 although i dont look 320) i should stick to cardio and diet only. But some people say its always good to train at least with light weights until i get to my desired weight. I really need help in knowing what to work out and how much and how often if realy should even work out. id really appreciate the help.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    45 mins of cardio everyday is a must. I would also have you train 3x's a week with heavy weights and low reps. Burn as many cals as possible in your training sessions and focus on a strict diet and consistent cardio. The diet is the biggest by far though. Make it high protein, high (good) fats, and low carbs. Tons of good diet plans in the Diet section. Need more help drop me a line.

~US~

MrPerfect is offline Junior Member
    I completely agree with Usual. I was in the same boat bro, i weighed in around 330 i'm finally down to around 230 and i feel a lot better. Diet is key, i cut out all the processed sugar shit and carbs at night, started a daily cardio routine ( i did what my body could handle, i set a course around the neighborhood and slowly i walked less of it and ran more) and i stuck with hittin the gym hard 5 days a week, after all the more muscle you build the more fat you can burn..also used a eca stack..its not easy by any means but if you stick to it you'll see the results then stick with it..trust me..good luck bro

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i would train more of a circuit style workout, and hit cardio in the morn with little carbs through the day. i wouldn't recommend an eca stack quite yet.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfect
    I completely agree with Usual. I was in the same boat bro, i weighed in around 330 i'm finally down to around 230 and i feel a lot better. Diet is key, i cut out all the processed sugar shit and carbs at night, started a daily cardio routine ( i did what my body could handle, i set a course around the neighborhood and slowly i walked less of it and ran more) and i stuck with hittin the gym hard 5 days a week, after all the more muscle you build the more fat you can burn..also used a eca stack..its not easy by any means but if you stick to it you'll see the results then stick with it..trust me..good luck bro
    Hey Mr. Perfect-- Long time. Last time we spoke you were at 255. Looks like you are doing graeat.

And PhatBoy-- I am also in agreement with the previous posters. I started out at 275, got down to 210 in 6 months and 190 in a year, Got carried away and went as low as 169 before I really started adding muscle and have been around 185-195 since (last 3 years or so). The cardio is really critical. Basketball is a great start but it shouldn;t replace other forms of cardio like running or eliptical machine, because in baskedtball its easy to cheat. If you are doing a low calorie or low carb diet AND the cardio, you WILL get the weight and bf% down. For diets I do low carb, because that way I don't have to regulate my portion sizes-- just WHAT I eat.

What ever you decide to do, stick to it and avoid "cheat day." Cheat day 1 leads ro cheat day 2, and you wont see the results and hence, you won't stick to it.

Good luck.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    cheat days are fine for most ppl, especially for those strictly business the other 6 days and 30 meals of the week. Its good to trick your body from time to time so it doesn't catch up to what your doing (aka confuses your metabolism). JMO,

~US~

Thread Information