Appendix surgery workout delay

A few weeks ago I had my appendix removed and was told I only had to wait 6 weeks before I could lift heavy again. Although unhappy I figured oh well its only 6 weeks I can handle. But upon a later checkup he told me I had to wait 6 months as he didnt know I intedned on working out. I still plan on working out in 6 weeks as opposed to 6 months. Ill just take it easy and be careful, what would all of you do?

Personally i do not want to damage my stomach and have it split, but the weightloss is getting terrible for me and I cant wait to get in the gym. Anyone else have the same sort of surgery?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridWideAngle
    A few weeks ago I had my appendix removed and was told I only had to wait 6 weeks before I could lift heavy again. Although unhappy I figured oh well its only 6 weeks I can handle. But upon a later checkup he told me I had to wait 6 months as he didnt know I intedned on working out. I still plan on working out in 6 weeks as opposed to 6 months. Ill just take it easy and be careful, what would all of you do?

Personally i do not want to damage my stomach and have it split, but the weightloss is getting terrible for me and I cant wait to get in the gym. Anyone else have the same sort of surgery?
    Hybrid, glad to see you around. Yes, I had surgery about 4 months back......on my neck. If you're asking what I would do in your situation...............I'd say listen to the doc. If you do something wrong you may pay a bigger price than a little weight loss. Give it the proper amount of time to heal, and then hit it like no tomorrow. Not trying to preach bro just concerned.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    6 months damn you only got a appendix removed not brain surgery or hip replacement... did you REALLY question your doctor?

Well, I'm definetly no doc, but if I remember well, when they remove the appendix, they just tie it off and clip off the inflamed part (talk about over simplyfing!).

Could severe straining cause this tied off part to pop off? If so then you got a major problem...

Any of the docs in here wanna take this one?

6 months is a long time to wait... but then again if thats what the doc says... appendectomy may be so common it's routine, but it's still gastro-intestinal surgery... not to be messed around with.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Well, I'm definetly no doc, but if I remember well, when they remove the appendix, they just tie it off and clip off the inflamed part (talk about over simplyfing!).

Could severe straining cause this tied off part to pop off? If so then you got a major problem...

Any of the docs in here wanna take this one?

6 months is a long time to wait... but then again if thats what the doc says... appendectomy may be so common it's routine, but it's still gastro-intestinal surgery... not to be messed around with.

Red
    Crap, i was hopeing to hear, ya happened to me worked out in 3 days. lol. Damnit. Im gonna be like 130 lbs in 6 months. O well, i guess ill just have 20 inch arms that will have to do

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    6 months damn you only got a appendix removed not brain surgery or hip replacement... did you REALLY question your doctor?
    Oh and to reply to your question. I really did ask him. About 100 times. Im like are you joking me? It said 6 weeks on the paper you gave me earlier why do I have to wait 6 months. He said thats when it will be fully healed. I just really am depressed about it. Ive already lost 15 lbs. down under 150 :'( well thank you for the advice guys.

Thread Information