Thread: workout routine

rk713 is offline Junior Member

workout routine

Hey guys I have some questions about my workout routine. Heres my current workout. sun-back, mon-legs, tues-shoulders/traps, wed-off,thur-tric,fri-bic-sat-chest. I work out for about 1 hour and my sets are 10-8-8-6. I had a guy at the gym tell me i would be better off doing this routine. mon-chest,bic, tues-shoulders/traps,tric, wed-back, thur-legs. then start over and take sun off. He said he has been doing this routine for two years and he is huge. He said to work out around one hour to. But do the sets 12-10-8-8.I know most people wouldnt train a muscle twice a week but he told me that every 4 days a muscle is recovered and needs to be hit again. I am trying to gain muscle mass, i am taking in about 4.000cal a day to. I am 195lbs and 14.4%body fat.I was wondering which routine is better.I would appreciate anyones input on this and if anyone thinks I should try it.
    Last edited by rk713; 11-09-2003 at 09:58 PM.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Higher poundages and lower reps with good form = more mass........up your protein intake, Eat like a horse but clean and get adequate rest and make sure while your at the gym to workout like a mad man......and come back and see me in three months to say thanks

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah like mass junkie said, higher weight with lower reps will build mass!!!

rk713 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice. how many sets and reps do u think I should do is 10-8-8-6 good or do less. U think 4,000cal isnt enough? I just wasnt 100%clear on the sets and reps, should i keep my workout the same or change it would it be better doing bic and tric the same day? I would appreciate it if u could clear me up on this.
    Last edited by rk713; 11-12-2003 at 12:38 PM.

Thread Information