Sorken is offline Member

Press or flyes ?

When you working your chest.. what do you like the most? Press exercises or Flyes ? From what do you get best resultst..

I like the press most because it gives me a much better pump and a "better workout" ???

What do you bro's think about presses and flyes ?

mass junkie is offline banned
    I love them so much that I do both....

Sorken is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I love them so much that I do both....
    I know.. but one of them must give you a better.. hmm.. lets kall it.. a better pump.. ??????

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I love the press but I'm a shoulder presser so I have to really work on form to get a good pump............however on fly's I cab really feel the contraction at the top. For me Fly's are my favs.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I like both. Flyes are "killing" my chest. So I'm doing press first and flyes next

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I get a different feel from each exercise. Maybe b/c I am a "shoulder presser" (who said that the other day in a post?), I work more of the outside of my pecs, while flies I feel more on the inside of my pecs. If I had to choose, I would say I get a better overall pump from flies, and would rather to those than presses alone.

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I get a different feel from each exercise. Maybe b/c I am a "shoulder presser" (who said that the other day in a post?), I work more of the outside of my pecs, while flies I feel more on the inside of my pecs. If I had to choose, I would say I get a better overall pump from flies, and would rather to those than presses alone.

-moto
    Credit goes to Bask8Kace.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I like flyes better. Presses involve other muscles more than flyes do. I get better isolation from flyes.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i like heavy flys. i get good strenght increases from these

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorken
    I know.. but one of them must give you a better.. hmm.. lets kall it.. a better pump.. ??????
    Well to be honest with you....Ive never done flys before presses.....Presses give me awesome pumps of course because the way they are designed I can go much heavier.....But flys are an awesome finishing exercise......My chest still gets sore after every workout

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I do both............. You need to train your chest from all angles to completely develop it IMO. DB and straightbar presses give me thickness and flyes help me with width and shape the muscle.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Gotta agree w/ Mud - i do both, every workout, though i base my workout around presses, and finish off w/ flys (either incline or flat DB or pec-dec machine)

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm with Mud on this, I also do both each time I hit chest.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    i like heavy flys. i get good strenght increases from these
    I agree, heavy flys are sweet!
    I also do both presses and flys every workout.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    I agree, heavy flys are sweet!
    I also do both presses and flys every workout.
    I love heavy flys however I see a lot of people in the gym that do them all wrong. They tend to press more than hug the tree. If I can't keep good form I drop the weight a little.............no reason doing it halfed a$$.

You guys ever do presses and flys on an exercise ball? I throw them in now and then for a change of pase. Really have to hold it together (stabializer muscles) when doing these.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I love heavy flys however I see a lot of people in the gym that do them all wrong. They tend to press more than hug the tree. If I can't keep good form I drop the weight a little.............no reason doing it halfed a$$.

You guys ever do presses and flys on an exercise ball? I throw them in now and then for a change of pase. Really have to hold it together (stabializer muscles) when doing these.
    No I haven't................ I don't think I will either........ I'm so clumsy I would end up falling off the ball and getting hurt

I sometimes pre-exhaust my chest with flyes then do all my pressing............. great pump from it.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Like a huge medcine ball? No never done that, mostly incline/flat presses/flys and sometimes throw in some decline presses and dips. On a rare occation i might do 2-3 sets in the cablecross just to get more intensity and insane pump.

I do flies on the exercise ball and love them... I have to lower my weight a bit but once I am finished the pecs REALLY feel like they were worked hard.

Red

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Well to be honest with you....Ive never done flys before presses.....Presses give me awesome pumps of course because the way they are designed I can go much heavier.....But flys are an awesome finishing exercise......My chest still gets sore after every workout
    I couldn't agree more....I like presses forst and formeost in my workout...then flys come in at the end to give that finsihing isolated pump...I do feel I get the best pump from presses though.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    I agree with Mud..."you actually need to do a little of both."

But don't forget to mix it up with incline and decline thought so you can get a good mix, confuse your chest muscles and also get a full developed look to the chest. also IMO

cb25 is offline Banned
    Oh yea...presses on the swiss ball are killer. The hardest thing, once you've stabilized yourself is to hold your ass up so that you're back stays flat like a table...a few sets of those and i'm dead...i try to toss them in every once in a while...although it's been a couple months...i may have to toss them in this week

Sorken is offline Member
    Well, It looks like flyes are more popular then presses....

Fly on bro's !!

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member

Do yall do these on the 5k medicine ball or the big air filled ball that people use for crunches.

Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    Do yall do these on the 5k medicine ball or the big air filled ball that people use for crunches.
    The air filled one is the kind I use. I know what you are thinking, that thing will never hold your weight, I thought that too but amazingly it does!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Why not do both bro? They both work really well I think so I do em both.

wannagrow is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Why not do both bro? They both work really well I think so I do em both.
    Exactly
    At the moment i do, incline bb press, then flat db press followed be fly's. i cant do flat bb heavy enough to get benefit because of an injury so i have to experiment and work around it.

A combination of both is what you need as they work you differently

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I do both..........I have done flyes before presses in a super set and I have used flyes at the end of my workout to get a good stretch........I must mix things up very often to keep my muscles from getting use to the same workout....if I go with heavy weight low reps then I like presses better.......if I want a great stretch and to really squeeeze the muscle at the top, then I like flyes...........IMO one can't have total chest developement without using both.

Thread Information