View Poll Results: when do you deadlift?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • deadlift with back

32 58.18%
  • deadlift with legs

18 32.73%
  • deadlift alone

3 5.45%
  • what's a deadlift?

2 3.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I do it sumo style from the floor every rep. I do front squats only to eliminate back from the execise and work just quads. I feel the dl requires more muscle fiber recruitment than any other exercise. Oh yeah I am 6'3'' and go slightly below parallel every pull. THis is just mo

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i just watched "ronnie coleman the unbelievable," and he did something almost as wierd as what dorian did, on the first rep, he would get his hips all the way down and into it, then he would lower the weight to the floor and on subsequent reps, he hardly bent his knees at all, and turned it into the half sld half dl thing, my coach started me off doing sumo also, because of long arms and legs, but one day, i tried regular and was much stronger...

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I never dead lift much, but I do it with back.

microphobia is offline New Member
    You should!!

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Back day, i like startin with deads every other back work out or, every third back work out.... Sometimes i do straight leg dead lifts on legs day..

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i do it with the back i think it work my back a lot more than my legs

Swellin Guest
    I do it with back. There is no way I could support another power move on leg day. My body could not give the required effort for it. Like Pheed, I consider the three power lifts for three different days. Right now my split puts them on back to back days, but...what are ya gonna do?

ShYnE[sK] is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    i can't really say without watching your dl, but if you're only bending your knees slightly, shud, then you're not getting your ass down far enough, when i'm in bottom position, i'm darn near parallel, again, height, arm, leg length affect bottom position, but if you're not getting your ass into it, you're not doing it right, your turning it into a half sld
    You cxan do them either for back or leg or both it just depends on how you perform them, i do them focused on my back, so slightly knee bending...

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Deads are for back IMO. I go all the way down too for those who are wondering. My partner and I started doing them two years ago and the thickness in my back and his have never been better. I do feel them in my glutes as well, I must admit. Yet, I feel a great stretch in my traps as I am in motion. I did them today and my traps are pumped and getting sore.

ragept is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    Not to hijack the thread but what about stiff legged dead lifts?? That's more for the hamstrings right?? But it gotta hit the back as well or what??
    Yes it nails the hams., but also hits the glutes and the erector spine(thats in your back) :spudnikli

mfenske is offline Member
    I do stiff-legged deads on leg day as a hamstring exercise. Usually leg day is Monday. On Thursday, back day, I do standard deadlifts. I really like the changes that I have made in my physique by doing deadlifts, especially now that I am starting to lift a little heavier. Mark

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Deads on back day as the very last excercize to realy isolate the lats, go as heavy as possible as youll get an incredible pump in the lats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information